KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fantomex Vs Sensor Girl

Fantomex Vs Sensor Girl
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Fantomex Vs Sensor Girl

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:53 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Fantomex.

Your scan implies her illusions are only based on sight. Fantomex is much more than that.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 09:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex.

Your scan implies her illusions are only based on sight. Fantomex is much more than that.

Nah, she can effect ALL senses, even the mind. She can also see through illusions, too, which would make this fight interesting.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 10:50 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Zack M
Nah, she can effect ALL senses, even the mind. She can also see through illusions, too, which would make this fight interesting.

So why did Superman use his ears? I'm asking about the scan you've used.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 10:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It wasn't sensor girl intent to completely fool the JLA/JSA, she wanted to give the Legion sometime to work, while keeping Superman busy.

Sensor Girl is powerful enough to fool a Promethium Giant, so she's powerful enough to fool the like of characters like Superman.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:00 PM
Senor Cage

The feat I was talking about.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:12 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Sensor Girl wins...in a misdirected thought Fantomex plants in her mind. She comes out of it in time to see a bullet racing toward her skull.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 11:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Digi
Sensor Girl wins...in a misdirected thought Fantomex plants in her mind. She comes out of it in time to see a bullet racing toward her skull.

I had to read that two and a half times to understand.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 01:41 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Vanguard
I had to read that two and a half times to understand.

Not unlike some scenes involving Fantomex's Misdirection ability. As such, I'll consider this a compliment.

smile

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Fantomex.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:36 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Only to find it was just an illusion Jackie put through his head.

While Jackie breaks his neck like she did to Nemesis Kid.

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger...Projectra05.jpg
https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger...Projectra06.jpg

Things like these are the reason LOSH run of Keith Giffen is legendary.

Last edited by abhilegend on Mar 6th, 2018 at 08:25 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 08:17 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
Only to find it was just an illusion Jackie put through his head.

While Jackie breaks his neck like she did to Nemesis Kid.

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger...Projectra05.jpg
https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger...Projectra06.jpg

Things like these are the reason LOSH run of Keith Giffen is legendary.

Misdirection is a bit of an illogical plot device, though, and doesn't have much that can stop it, including other tp-style powers. If we escalate to scope and scale, the fooling of a Celestial with it is a pretty big trump card for Fantomex as well. And - if memory serves - he can split his consciousness - or outsource his entire brain function - to a remote location in his ship. So I would consider it possible for him to negate or ignore any trickery Jackie might try.

Fights like these are always a bit hard to determine, and it could in fact be a quick draw. But unless Zack is baiting everyone into a fight that the Marvel person can't win (though let's be honest, he usually is; he just screws up sometimes and makes a competitive match by accident), I think he underestimated Fantomex considerably here.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:06 PM
DarkSaint85

He's also fought against the Deathloks, who also had his misdirection powers. Whilst it was disconcerting, he was able to recognize it and fight through.

He could also split fighting between his three brains, mid fight. So if Sensor Girl doesn't know this (and it's not general knowledge), she'd be attempting to fool brain 1, whilst brains 2 and 3 would be functioning perfectly fine.

Then EVA is also able to give him sensory input as Digi said. He'd only be able to see in black and white etc, but it's enough.

Plus sentient bullets, shrink rays etc.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Mar 6th, 2018 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
But unless Zack is baiting everyone into a fight that the Marvel person can't win (though let's be honest, he usually is; he just screws up sometimes and makes a competitive match by accident), I think he underestimated Fantomex considerably here.if eva is part of this, yeah he wins.

laughing out loud thumb up

if he gets eva, hard to see him losing. if he doesn't i dunno. he could easily misdirect her to think she won though--in fact he does that often. she would then have no reason to keep up her own illusion. i'd think she'd drop it, then the range of his weapons would be the difference and he'd kill her.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Misdirection is a bit of an illogical plot device, though, and doesn't have much that can stop it, including other tp-style powers. If we escalate to scope and scale, the fooling of a Celestial with it is a pretty big trump card for Fantomex as well. And - if memory serves - he can split his consciousness - or outsource his entire brain function - to a remote location in his ship. So I would consider it possible for him to negate or ignore any trickery Jackie might try.

Fights like these are always a bit hard to determine, and it could in fact be a quick draw. But unless Zack is baiting everyone into a fight that the Marvel person can't win (though let's be honest, he usually is; he just screws up sometimes and makes a competitive match by accident), I think he underestimated Fantomex considerably here.

Fantomex misdirection can be resisted though. Psylocke has done it.

I can't recall any scene of Jackie's illusions bring detected. Even Superman who could scan every spectrum of light and energy couldn't do it and he is as hax as you can get regarding these kinds of things.

Power isn't necessarily equal to perception of these things.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

when did psylocke break/resist a misdirect? only dark beast has done that afaik, and he was prepped for it...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Psylocke also broke Cassie Nova in that same arc, iirc. She was getting quite the push.

@Abhi: then why did Superman break it - easily - by just switching to using his ears??

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:49 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

she broke/resisted a misdirect in that arc? i know she ko'd him even though he was immune to tp, but i don't recall her shrugging off a misdirect...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:50 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Psylocke also broke Cassie Nova in that same arc, iirc. She was getting quite the push.

@Abhi: then why did Superman break it - easily - by just switching to using his ears??

And Jackie has fooled both J'onn and Saturn Girl.

He didn't, she was crying and didn't even use her power at that time.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 03:55 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
Fantomex misdirection can be resisted though. Psylocke has done it.

I can't recall any scene of Jackie's illusions bring detected. Even Superman who could scan every spectrum of light and energy couldn't do it and he is as hax as you can get regarding these kinds of things.

Power isn't necessarily equal to perception of these things.

No doubt she's powerful. But I'm still unsure how she circumvents the remote brain functioning he regularly employs, or what her defenses against a misdirect would be.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 04:03 PM