KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Human Torch

Wonder Woman vs. Human Torch
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

Lol I did not even attempt to quantify it. I just said that they were moving at less speed than what you think (Silent).

I already said they still were moving faster than sound but that it is irrelevant to the thread.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 05:39 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You tried to quantify it three times, so actually give us a number.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 08:36 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
You tried to quantify it three times, so actually give us a number.
It refers to the scene in question. I was referring to other scenes. I gave upper limits to those other scenes. That's not quantifying

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 12th, 2018 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:07 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
what is it?

I'm asking for your number, seeing as we've already refuted your first two attempts.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:09 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It refers to the scene in question. I was referring to other scenes. I gave upper limits to those other scenes. That's not quantifying

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:19 PM
Silent Master

Thank you for admitting HT was traveling between 11,000 and 15,500mph during that section of the flight scene which you claimed to have watched in it's entirety.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:22 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Lol I did not even attempt to quantify it. I just said that they were moving at less speed than what you think (Silent).

I already said they still were moving faster than sound but that it is irrelevant to the thread.

You have no means of disproving/correcting the numbers so you predictably fall back on pure speculation to muddy evidence while lowballing then trying to shift burden of proof (like always). It’s an old and weak tactic and everyone already knows this is the only thing you fall back onto when you have nothing and get caught trying to pass BS as facts.

Stop being so predictable. Geez.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 11:27 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Your calculation depends on the characters being normal size in comparison to the land from the perspective we saw. The characters were larger than normal in comparison to the land. That alone disproves your calculation.

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 13th, 2018 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:55 AM
h1a8

Thank you for admitting HT was traveling between 11,000 and 15,500mph during that section of the flight scene which you claimed to have watched in it's entirety.
I can say "thank you for admitting that you are mostly wrong." But that doesn't make it true.

You can say untrue things all you want. Has no bearing on the truth.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:57 AM
Silent Master

I can say "thank you for admitting that you are mostly wrong." But that doesn't make it true.

You can say untrue things all you want. Has no bearing on the truth.

Difference is we've shown our work in regards to coming up with those numbers and you've been completely unable to refute our conclusions.

Therefore the 11000 to 15500 number stands.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 01:09 AM
h1a8

Difference is we've shown our work in regards to coming up with those numbers and you've been completely unable to refute our conclusions.

Therefore the 11000 to 15500 number stands.

Our work? You did nothing.

His work his had a faulty premise. Therefore making the estimate faulty.

But it doesn’t matter as everyone here excepts that he moved faster than sound INBTHAT SCENE.

Now it doesn’t matter if he moved faster than light in that scene as it has no bearing on the thread whatsoever. So you can choose any speed you like in that scene, I won’t argue against it. Still wouldn’t change the conclusion.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 01:41 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Your calculation depends on the characters being normal size in comparison to the land from the perspective we saw. The characters were larger than normal in comparison to the land. That alone disproves your calculation.

Citation needed on physical laws that prove relevance of above claims?

You know how science works right?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 01:48 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The point is you have not refuted anything, so the numbers stand.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 01:48 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Nibedicus

well he is allegedly a science teacher lmao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 02:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Didn't he also claim to be a math teacher?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 02:44 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He also claimed to be able to punch 2-3 times faster than the fastest punch ever recorded. He's full on retarded. Not internet retarded either. I mean someone with downs syndrome who learned how to type well got on a computer and found this site. And his owners let him stay on it so he doesn't direct his tard rages towards them.
I would not be surprised if he was a fully functioning downer. I don't know why you guys have been arguing with him for years, but I think it hilarious that he found this forum(movie vs). Works out better since his captors only have to put on a movie for him so at least he can pretend he knows as much as everyone else. But that little tard itch somewhere in his brain just locks away that full comprehension to him. No matter how many times he watches the movie while sucking on a full stick of butter, there is always a little bit shut out forever. No matter what, he will never fully understand every part in a movie, but by golly do they put a big old goofy tard smile on his face.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 03:45 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nibedicus

Trolling huh I see. Do you actually disagree with the argument? Or you just arguing just to be arguing?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:19 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Trolling huh I see. Do you actually disagree with the argument? Or you just arguing just to be arguing?

Projecting much?

You make a claim and refuse to even cite what physical law you derived it from. You’re basically just talking out of your butt as usual.

I challenge you to prove that your so-called “argument” (more like a desperate guess, really) affects the calcuations in a significant way.

Otherwise, admit that you don’t really know what you are talking about.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:47 PM
h1a8

You didn't answer my question.
If you legitimately disagree with the laws of perspective then say so.

I don't actually think you are dumb to believe a helicopter seen flying across the moon in the sky means that the helicopter actually traveled the radius of the moon.

So basically you are trolling at this point.

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 13th, 2018 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 02:03 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

You didn't answer my question.
If you legitimately disagree with the laws of perspective then say so.

I don't actually think you are dumb to believe a helicopter seen flying across the moon in the sky means that the helicopter actually traveled the radius of the moon.

So basically you are trolling at this point.

You understand that me asking you to substantiate your claim is the answer to your question, right? And for as long as you refuse to, it only proves you are talking out of your butt?

Kinda laughable as I asked you a question and you refuse to answer it.

Nice to apples to oranges. We are not talking about a helicopter in relation to the moon.

Well, that’s where you and I differ, I actually think you’re dumb and lazy.... and trolling.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 02:21 PM