KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » FOX vs. MCU

FOX vs. MCU
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I dunno man. From the MCU side, only Strange is the threat.

SS alone could probably solo Hela (phasing > her), Thor (power for power SS >>> Thor) and Vision (seeing as Vision seemed vulnerable to SW’s matter manip and SS has that in spades).

Then you get Phoenix (matter manip, telepathy and TK) and Apoc/Legion (matter manip and tons of exotics). I dunno, seems pretty uber stacked on the Fox side.

I, of course, might be missing something here so I’m still very much open to arguments that can change my mind.

SS>>Hela???

Hmmmmm....That would be a good thread to debate about.

I honestly don't think so...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 09:58 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hes so far beyond her, he one shotted galactus without two fcks given.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:00 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Blindside12
Hes so far beyond her, he one shotted galactus without two fcks given.

If it was the comics Galactus i'd be impressed. But vaporizing a cloud of isn't a hell of a feat to trully make him superior to Hela.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:06 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should we make a Hela vs Galactus thread?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:11 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Should we make a Hela vs Galactus thread?

Nahh, too little feats from Galactus for him to even compete. Also, I remember correctly the Surfer was able to be contained in the end.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:12 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats not exactly how it happened, they developed a tachyon generator that Hela will not have access to.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:18 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thats not exactly how it happened, they developed a tachyon generator that Hela will not have access to.

I doubt that could stop Hela.

Also, I wonder if Vision could hack the Surfer's mind.....

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:24 PM
McNasty996

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Well i doubt Strange would be their first target considering Hela and Thor being such a big threat.

Strange only needs a couple of seconds to summon it, then they are all screwed.

Fox has little to no chances here.

The thing is that Team 1s abilities aren't targeted, it all all AOE(matter man up and Disnetagration that happens on a very large scale around them). They just need to activate and all Bella breaks loose while Hela Thor and Vision have to pick their targets.

I watched the clip and it's about 10-12 Seconds for the time stop to kick in. Not a lot but on the quick draw especially with Psychics that not garunteed.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:29 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt that could stop Hela.

Also, I wonder if Vision could hack the Surfer's mind.....

Im not saying that could stop Hela, that is what they used to stop Surfer temporarily. She wont have access to that tech.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:31 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Im not saying that could stop Hela, that is what they used to stop Surfer temporarily. She wont have access to that tech.

No...But i don't see the Surfer being able to destroy her neither...Unless he decides to suicide himself which would kill his own team in the way.

Also as I said before, Galactus was a cloud, not a solid manifestation. That blast doesn't necessarily is as threatening as it seems, considering Earth was nearby it should have been affected too.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:40 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by McNasty996
The thing is that Team 1s abilities aren't targeted, it all all AOE(matter man up and Disnetagration that happens on a very large scale around them). They just need to activate and all Bella breaks loose while Hela Thor and Vision have to pick their targets.

I watched the clip and it's about 10-12 Seconds for the time stop to kick in. Not a lot but on the quick draw especially with Psychics that not garunteed.

I don't know, i just thing the Time Stone is too much for them. You've also got to remember Vision's Mind Gem which would likely be able to hack into anyone's minds.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:44 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

SS>>Hela???

Hmmmmm....That would be a good thread to debate about.

I honestly don't think so...

The explosion he caused to OHKO Galactus was about as big as the entire planet earth and had a shockwave radius reaching the moon. What power showing of Hela even remotely came close to this?

And what’s worse is that it’s not his raw power that makes him such a threat vs Hela, it is the fact that Fox SS made liberal use of phasing. Hela uses daggers/blades/physical attacks. His phasing completely neutralizes her main attack.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:54 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

No...But i don't see the Surfer being able to destroy her neither...Unless he decides to suicide himself which would kill his own team in the way.

Also as I said before, Galactus was a cloud, not a solid manifestation. That blast doesn't necessarily is as threatening as it seems, considering Earth was nearby it should have been affected too.

He didn’t suicide, he survived that blast and flew away at the end of RoTSS.

https://youtu.be/fYoazaZaCik

Opens his eyes at 0:14

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 10:58 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McNasty996

I don't know, i just thing the Time Stone is too much for them. You've also got to remember Vision's Mind Gem which would likely be able to hack into anyone's minds.

If it gets activated yeah it's a game over but you have to get it there and it's Team MCU only chance at victory. If anything comes his way hes got now way to endure it(his shields arent that useful beyond projectiles), all of Team Fox is AOE and pretty powerful at that)

And Vision has the mind gem but hasn't done anything beyond firing an energy been.

A big part of how effective they are is knowing how house them, Strange just got lucky that his came with instructions.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:02 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nibedicus
He didn’t suicide, he survived that blast and flew away at the end of RoTSS.

https://youtu.be/fYoazaZaCik

Opens his eyes at 0:14

O.O

I forgot that!!!!!!

Nice! Well it's a matter of whether that blast is enough to destroy Hela.

Galactus had 0 durability feats plus he was a cloud of dust....We saw Hela Thor's most powerful lightning with 0 visible damage...Even Surtur's blast probably didn't killed her..

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:06 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by McNasty996
If it gets activated yeah it's a game over but you have to get it there and it's Team MCU only chance at victory. If anything comes his way hes got now way to endure it(his shields arent that useful beyond projectiles), all of Team Fox is AOE and pretty powerful at that)

And Vision has the mind gem but hasn't done anything beyond firing an energy been.

A big part of how effective they are is knowing how house them, Strange just got lucky that his came with instructions.

Actually they were able to withstand a full blast from Dormammu. Furthermore, isn't like Fox has prep time to actually know the danger the Time Stone represents.

He was able to break into Ultron's mind. Also, it's the same Mind Gem Loki used to hack Hawkeye. It should be able work just the same.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:09 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I feel like a serious Legion should be able to scratch his ear and have half of team 2 embedded in the other half. The show has barely scratched what he can do.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nephthys
I feel like a serious Legion should be able to scratch his ear and have half of team 2 embedded in the other half. The show has barely scratched what he can do.

Yeah Legion's powers are certainly a threat. But i think Hela would impale him before he can actually do something.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:18 PM
McNasty996

Actually they were able to withstand a full blast from Dormammu. Furthermore, isn't like Fox has prep time to actually know the danger the Time Stone represents.

He was able to break into Ultron's mind. Also, it's the same Mind Gem Loki used to hack Hawkeye. It should be able work just the same.

They were able to do so barely and he had to manually block them as they came. And they don't need it, all abilities are instantaneous and do alot of damage very quickly.

At the same time Strange isn't likely to go to the gem immediately. He did so as a last resort after assessing that the battle was essentially lost and accepting it as a long shot.

The gem needed physical contact to do so and all the receptor was made specifically to do that. Vision broke Ultrons net access, we don't know if it was the gem or hos status as a true A.I.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:19 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

O.O

I forgot that!!!!!!

Nice! Well it's a matter of whether that blast is enough to destroy Hela.

Galactus had 0 durability feats plus he was a cloud of dust....We saw Hela Thor's most powerful lightning with 0 visible damage...Even Surtur's blast probably didn't killed her..

If she survived the blast, we can certainly revisit her durability. But for now, the only thing we see is Surtur hitting her with a planet buster and her vanishing and not being seen again (unlike Surfer who we see waking up). Her dying at this point would be a reasonable assumption.

We don’t need to see Galactus’ durability. Surfer could have been blasting empty space and we can just extrapolate the power from the explosion generated.

The Tsar Bomba at 50 megatons has an explosice radius of 2.3 kms. Surfer’s explosion dwarfed the entire planet.

Bottom line, Hela has nothing that can hurt the Surfer if he uses his phasing. And Surfer has the tools and the power to hurt Hela.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:19 PM