KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again

Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blindside12
Show me the poll where 330,000,000 americans were polled.
Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, its true. Dems were ****ing pathetic on this issue. They only ever pretended to care, never really tried to fight for it seriously. They only pushed as far as they did because they felt slighted by the Republicans. Assholes.

Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:44 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Firefly218
Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.

And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:45 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.
If the sample is taken strategically and it is large enough, thereís a good chance itís accurate. Of course thereís always a chance that itís not accurate for some reason or another. But to discredit any poll just because the results donít align with your own opinions is ignorance.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:52 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

If the sample is taken strategically and it is large enough, thereís a good chance itís accurate. Of course thereís always a chance that itís not accurate for some reason or another. But to discredit any poll just because the results donít align with your own opinions is ignorance.

I don't care if polls align with my opinions. What I care about is if a poll that claims "a majority of americans think this" is actually accurately showing us something a majority of 300 million+ people truly think.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:05 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't care if polls align with my opinions. What I care about is if a poll that claims "a majority of americans think this" is actually accurately showing us something a majority of 300 million+ people truly think.
That has nothing to do with politics, now youíre in the realm of statistics and data science

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:11 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

That has nothing to do with politics, now youíre in the realm of statistics and data science

Yes, and knowing how data is abused all the time...I need more information.

Like when we're told hate crimes are increasing. They totally are. Unfortunately they leave out the fact more and more data from more places is now being shared. I too am shocked that the number of hate crimes increase when more and more places report their stats. You see, little weasel-ish shit like that makes me skeptical.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:14 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, and knowing how data is abused all the time...I need more information.

Like when we're told hate crimes are increasing. They totally are. Unfortunately they leave out the fact more and more data from more places is now being shared. I too am shocked that the number of hate crimes increase when more and more places report their stats. You see, little weasel-ish shit like that makes me skeptical.
Thatís true data can be misleading. But ideally polling is supposed to have procedural protections in place so that the sampleís are truly random and unbiased. But if youíre gonna be skeptical about polls, be skeptical of ALL of them. Not just the ones that disagree with you.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:18 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Thatís true data can be misleading. But ideally polling is supposed to have procedural protections in place so that the sampleís are truly random and unbiased. But if youíre gonna be skeptical about polls, be skeptical of ALL of them. Not just the ones that disagree with you.

Lol I am skeptical of them all. I say this all the time. Even when I post a poll that makes Trump look "good".

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:19 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.

Republicans are ten times worse though.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually not really. Check the new thread I made.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:39 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself of to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:39 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberals: Rubs are evil cause they donít wan to raise minimum rased

Republican: Raising Minimum wave will cause workers to cut hours and switch to automation.

Liberals: Na uh!!

Free Market: Here comes Flippy, the burger flipper!

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:43 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.

This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:43 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meet 'Flippy,' a burger-flipping robot alternative to wage-earning workers
Say hello to Flippy!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/blues...0306-story.html

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:44 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.

Sure sounds like something you finally realized. Glad for you.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:47 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry bro, but your not getting a pass here for siding with the lesser of two evils. I would say you were brave for voting independent and staying strong and refusing to tow the line.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:58 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm English so that would be an accomplishment.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:13 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Being an independent isnt that hard.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:22 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Voting independent in America would be though.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:22 PM