KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again

Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blindside12
Show me the poll where 330,000,000 americans were polled.
Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:43 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, its true. Dems were ****ing pathetic on this issue. They only ever pretended to care, never really tried to fight for it seriously. They only pushed as far as they did because they felt slighted by the Republicans. Assholes.


Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:44 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Do you know how polls work? A random sample of people are polled and those results are extrapolated for the rest of the country.


And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:45 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And you don't see anything wrong with taking a tiny sample of people, and declaring what they think or want...to be what a majority of 300 million+ people want?

Genuinely curious.
If the sample is taken strategically and it is large enough, thereís a good chance itís accurate. Of course thereís always a chance that itís not accurate for some reason or another. But to discredit any poll just because the results donít align with your own opinions is ignorance.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:52 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
If the sample is taken strategically and it is large enough, thereís a good chance itís accurate. Of course thereís always a chance that itís not accurate for some reason or another. But to discredit any poll just because the results donít align with your own opinions is ignorance.


I don't care if polls align with my opinions. What I care about is if a poll that claims "a majority of americans think this" is actually accurately showing us something a majority of 300 million+ people truly think.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:05 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't care if polls align with my opinions. What I care about is if a poll that claims "a majority of americans think this" is actually accurately showing us something a majority of 300 million+ people truly think.
That has nothing to do with politics, now youíre in the realm of statistics and data science

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:11 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
That has nothing to do with politics, now youíre in the realm of statistics and data science


Yes, and knowing how data is abused all the time...I need more information.

Like when we're told hate crimes are increasing. They totally are. Unfortunately they leave out the fact more and more data from more places is now being shared. I too am shocked that the number of hate crimes increase when more and more places report their stats. You see, little weasel-ish shit like that makes me skeptical.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:14 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, and knowing how data is abused all the time...I need more information.

Like when we're told hate crimes are increasing. They totally are. Unfortunately they leave out the fact more and more data from more places is now being shared. I too am shocked that the number of hate crimes increase when more and more places report their stats. You see, little weasel-ish shit like that makes me skeptical.
Thatís true data can be misleading. But ideally polling is supposed to have procedural protections in place so that the sampleís are truly random and unbiased. But if youíre gonna be skeptical about polls, be skeptical of ALL of them. Not just the ones that disagree with you.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:18 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Thatís true data can be misleading. But ideally polling is supposed to have procedural protections in place so that the sampleís are truly random and unbiased. But if youíre gonna be skeptical about polls, be skeptical of ALL of them. Not just the ones that disagree with you.


Lol I am skeptical of them all. I say this all the time. Even when I post a poll that makes Trump look "good".


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:19 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Now you're starting to get it. They care about VOTES. That is all.


Republicans are ten times worse though.


__________________

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:38 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Beyond the gods

Account Restricted

Actually not really. Check the new thread I made.


__________________

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:39 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Republicans are ten times worse though.


Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself of to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:39 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Beyond the gods

Account Restricted

Liberals: Rubs are evil cause they donít wan to raise minimum rased

Republican: Raising Minimum wave will cause workers to cut hours and switch to automation.

Liberals: Na uh!!

Free Market: Here comes Flippy, the burger flipper!


__________________

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:43 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Hey if that's the lie you need to convince yourself to finally realize the truth about the Democrats? That's cool.


This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.


__________________

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:43 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Beyond the gods

Account Restricted

Meet 'Flippy,' a burger-flipping robot alternative to wage-earning workers
Say hello to Flippy!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/blues...0306-story.html


__________________

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:44 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
This isn't something I've finally realised, I've always been more progressive than the central democrats that run the party and fluff their donors above everything. The sites I'm on and the video's I watch are hugely critical of the Dems as they are the Republicans, but its the difference between standard shitty politicians for the former and actual monsters for the latter.


Sure sounds like something you finally realized. Glad for you.


__________________
"I know it's gonna work because it's impossible"-George Lucas

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:47 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Beyond the gods

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Republicans are ten times worse though.


Sorry bro, but your not getting a pass here for siding with the lesser of two evils. I would say you were brave for voting independent and staying strong and refusing to tow the line.


__________________

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:58 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

I'm English so that would be an accomplishment.


__________________

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:13 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Beyond the gods

Account Restricted

Being an independent isnt that hard.


__________________

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:22 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gender: Male
Location: The End

Voting independent in America would be though.


__________________

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 05:22 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:01 PM.
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats Caved on DACA, Trump wins..Again

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.