KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Lost in Space (Netflix)

Lost in Space (Netflix)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Lost in Space (Netflix)

This looks like it might be fun...

April 13, 2018

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:19 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This looks like it could be quite good as long as it don't go all Hard Core EmoBullShit.

Be fun to have a nice Family Adventure Show out there.

Tha and keep the SJW bullshit down to but I doubt that.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This looks like it might be fun...

April 13, 2018

Four sure, loved the original as a kid, despite it's cheese factor; even thought the 90's film was decent enough for a family flick

Will definitely check this out.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, I actually rather enjoyed the 90s flick.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 11:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

likely will pass unless it gets recommended

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I prefer the more classic iteration of this line:

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Anyone watch this?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 03:53 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
Anyone watch this?

It's okay. I got somewhat bored but my brother seemed to enjoy it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 06:55 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Thought it was excellent and pray they renew it for another season.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 08:14 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The main issue I had was June Harris’s motivations for doing what she did. Like why would you want to kill or harm the only people on an alien world who are keeping you alive? A lot of her manipulations didn’t work for me (apart from the boy who was stupid), and I feel like Maureen and the family would never have fallen for half the shit she did unless plot demanded. That and some of the actions by Will and Judy were insanely stupid.

But yeah visually it was beautiful, I loved the family and Wills relationship with the robot, John and Maureen’s relationship was handled well, and I was hooked from the beginning. Between this and Altered Carbon (The Titan was mediocre, but had its moments)- Netflix has really upped its sci-fi original programming. And I’ll derfinitely be watching a second season, I really enjoyed this show

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 09:35 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

The Titan wasn't that good. Altered Carbon sounds cool I'll probably watch that next

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 01:01 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Reviews have left me iffy on watching this. I heard it suffers from Netflix bloat and that it has a lot of filler content to stretch out the story. And after the strung-out shitfest that was Jessica Jones S2, I am not too keen on more of that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 02:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Just wait for Westworld.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 11:08 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I'm probably gonna hit this show up at some point. I've heard pretty good things, even though the reviews are a little mixed.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 10:45 PM
Todd1700

I forced myself to finish watching the first episode so I could give a totally fair review but I was already feeling the desire to cut it off about 20 minutes into it. Other than the look and effects I despised everything about it. I hate the cast, the corny emo dialog and the eye roll inducing ridiculous situation with the girl frozen in the ice. I mean you have a temperature drop on the planet surface so severe that it insta freezes a 60 foot deep pool of water and yet the Robinson family is standing at the edge of this pool of water with unzipped jackets, no hoods in place and Exposed Skin everywhere and suffer no ill-effects. Later as they are trying to melt this girl out we have the simultaneously ridiculous situation of the temperature being so low it's insta freezing their progress back up yet at the same time it's raining. Not sleet, not snow, not hail, rain. Wow what an amazing Planet this is where such amazing variances in temperature can obviously exist 5 feet apart. I found myself pulling for these people to die. But since I'm sure they won't I will not be watching any more of this Syfy channel level trash.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:37 AM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^ Hm... You've discouraged me.. lol

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:35 PM
cdtm

Judy is really annoying.

What should have been a tense moment just made you wish she'd win a Darwin Award.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 02:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Was ready to drop this, right up until Smith.

I'm intrigued just enough by this version to see where they're going with it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 03:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

"Here's a robot that killed people. Promise not to tell anyone."

"Ok."

"The planets about to fall into a black hole. Promise not to tell anyone."

"Ok."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 03:39 AM
cdtm

I kind of like the Smith/smuggler dynamic.

The hardened criminal with a heart of gold no one trusts, vs the siren with a friendly face who would literally sell her own mother into slavery if she didn't already harvest her organs and make a mint on the black market.

Granted, the show is about as subtle as a hammer about it, outright having evil Smith TELL the audience the smuggler is really a good guy. Still, fairly interesting for this show.

I'm mostly hanging around for the robot though.. It's relationship with Wil is clearly based on Lenny and George of Mice and Men, what with the gentle giant unless provoked nature of the machine, and Wil's protective nature and sense of responsibility towards it. Right down to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wil, with tears in his eyes and a "I gotta. We gotta" speech, trying to murder "Lenny" after he hurts his father.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:23 PM