KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Wait, that was a dealbreaker for you, when it already included Simon Belmont and pretty much everyone else you/we wanted?

Yeah, unfortunately.

Even though I am happy that Simon finally did make it in, my interest in the series was already slowly waning. I was still considering getting it because of Simon but seeing another character that is more associated with PlayStation really makes me upset. It took me awhile to get over this with Cloud and by the time Simon was revealed, I kind of finally did but with Joker now confirmed, it's basically Cloud all over again.

Plus, it also doesn't help that fans keep using this to take shots a PlayStation All-Stars (a game that I still enjoy to this day and still hope to see a sequel to).

Now I'm not a "Nintendo purist". I don't mind third-party characters, just as long as they have a long history on Nintendo consoles (which is why I wanted characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Simon). But if Sakurai is going to keep adding characters that makes me think of PlayStation or anything else but Nintendo, then I'm out. This series just isn't for me anymore then.

I'll wait and see what the rest of the DLC characters are and if they're not anything like Joker or Cloud, then I might consider getting it. I'm not in a rush to get the game right now.

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, it seems really stupid to not buy a game because a character you don't like is playable in it. Anyway, my biggest issue with the game is how they handle rules in Vs mode. You can't change them in the Character select screen like you have always been able to do before, instead you have to create and save a ruleset and use that. Rather tedious.

I'm also not a fan of how the CSS and SSS are sorted. THey really need to allow us to sort them by franchise.

It's not that I don't like the characters. It's just that I don't like the direction this series is going. If I feel that a series is heading to a direction that I don't like, then why I should keep buying the games? Plus, the series is just getting stale to me.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 15th, 2018 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 02:56 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Okay, now that there is a rumor that Erdrick from Dragon Quest might be a DLC character for this game, I think I'll consider getting this game again.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 12:51 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Is it weird that I main Mii Swordfighter?

I tried to make a weird Warrior of Light Mii, and it turned out pretty good, even if there's no equipment that looks remotely like him.

I've actually pulled out some pretty awesome victories online with him though.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:09 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Waluigi is the only DLC character i would want.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:32 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Yeah, unfortunately.

Even though I am happy that Simon finally did make it in, my interest in the series was already slowly waning. I was still considering getting it because of Simon but seeing another character that is more associated with PlayStation really makes me upset. It took me awhile to get over this with Cloud and by the time Simon was revealed, I kind of finally did but with Joker now confirmed, it's basically Cloud all over again.

Plus, it also doesn't help that fans keep using this to take shots a PlayStation All-Stars (a game that I still enjoy to this day and still hope to see a sequel to).

Now I'm not a "Nintendo purist". I don't mind third-party characters, just as long as they have a long history on Nintendo consoles (which is why I wanted characters like Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Simon). But if Sakurai is going to keep adding characters that makes me think of PlayStation or anything else but Nintendo, then I'm out. This series just isn't for me anymore then.

I'll wait and see what the rest of the DLC characters are and if they're not anything like Joker or Cloud, then I might consider getting it. I'm not in a rush to get the game right now.

The 3rd parties I've pretty much been indifferent to save for a couple new ones, especially now that I've finally gotten all the 1st parties I wanted, but see where you're coming from. Smash is starting to run dry on notable Nintendo 1st parties left to add too though, even if there's still some, so makes sense for them to keep looking to other 3rd parties to keep the hype going. I'm indifferent to Joker but he's not gonna ruin the experience for me or anything, and fanboys have always knocked on PSASBR, tho shouldn't let that ruin Ultimate for you.

So after finishing World of Light earlier on, I think it might actually be the best single player Smash mode for me to date. The only other really good ones to name for me were Melee's adventure mode and Smash Run on the 3DS. WoL could've maybe used more cutscenes but then I guess it would've been another Subspace, which I didn't care too much for. The RPG system with the spirit types and leveling was fresh for the series imo, and when I got to the 2nd half or so by the time you've unlocked mostly everyone, I was more invested again. The setting/place where you get Ridley at I couldn't of been happier with, and all the subworld recreations of areas from certain games (without naming so as to not spoil) were fantastic.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, Nintendo shouldn't let too many off console ip's on. Plenty of fan games for the third party itch.

Solid Snake was a neat novelty, but glad he's gone.

Will say, Sega doesn't count. It's Nintendo's fault Sonic and friends don't have a home, so bring them on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Snake is back tho, everyone is in Ultimate.

Tbh there are other fighters that I have the "too many 3rd party" gripes more than I do with Smash. Mortal Kombat now to name one, but 3rd parties in general typically make the most money as DLC, so they won't be going anywhere.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 01:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm all for more 3rd party characters personally. At this point, they've already got most of the important Nintendo characters and pretty much any other ones would be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snake is back tho, everyone is in Ultimate.

Tbh there are other fighters that I have the "too many 3rd party" gripes more than I do with Smash. Mortal Kombat now to name one, but 3rd parties in general typically make the most money as DLC, so they won't be going anywhere.

May as well add Crash then, that way you can do team Sega against team Sony against team Nintendo. All they need is MS representation.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:19 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Bring on Master Chief. thumb up

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:41 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

What the hell is up with this Pirhana Plant thing?

Is it a DLC?!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:45 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ares834
Bring on Master Chief. thumb up

Chief would be fine, but I prefer Doomguy.

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
What the hell is up with this Pirhana Plant thing?

Is it a DLC?!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 03:55 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Who the phuck cares if characters come from games popular in another console? Are you guys drunk on Quanchi's blood or something? erm

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 09:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

The 3rd parties I've pretty much been indifferent to save for a couple new ones, especially now that I've finally gotten all the 1st parties I wanted, but see where you're coming from. Smash is starting to run dry on notable Nintendo 1st parties left to add too though, even if there's still some, so makes sense for them to keep looking to other 3rd parties to keep the hype going. I'm indifferent to Joker but he's not gonna ruin the experience for me or anything, and fanboys have always knocked on PSASBR, tho shouldn't let that ruin Ultimate for you.

So after finishing World of Light earlier on, I think it might actually be the best single player Smash mode for me to date. The only other really good ones to name for me were Melee's adventure mode and Smash Run on the 3DS. WoL could've maybe used more cutscenes but then I guess it would've been another Subspace, which I didn't care too much for. The RPG system with the spirit types and leveling was fresh for the series imo, and when I got to the 2nd half or so by the time you've unlocked mostly everyone, I was more invested again. The setting/place where you get Ridley at I couldn't of been happier with, and all the subworld recreations of areas from certain games (without naming so as to not spoil) were fantastic.

Well, like I said, my interest in this series is waning anyway. I want something more fresh. As much as I like Smash Bros., I don't want it to be the only series of its kind. That's the main reason why I was so hyped for PlayStation All-Stars; it was a console mascot fighter that didn't involve Nintendo and it still had its own unique features. Smash Bros. is a series I'm getting tired of and these third-party characters really aren't helping.

As of right now, I'm just thinking about getting it but I'm definitely not in a rush to get it right now and with the very little interest I do still have, I wouldn't be hard for me to just skip this game altogether.

Originally posted by Bentley
Who the phuck cares if characters come from games popular in another console? Are you guys drunk on Quanchi's blood or something? erm

I care...and I'm obviously not the only one. I don't know about you but I don't want just any character in Smash Bros.

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 11:10 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well, like I said, my interest in this series is waning anyway. I want something more fresh. As much as I like Smash Bros., I don't want it to be the only series of its kind. That's the main reason why I was so hyped for PlayStation All-Stars; it was a console mascot fighter that didn't involve Nintendo and it still had its own unique features. Smash Bros. is a series I'm getting tired of and these third-party characters really aren't helping.

As of right now, I'm just thinking about getting it but I'm definitely not in a rush to get it right now and with the very little interest I do still have, I wouldn't be hard for me to just skip this game altogether.

I care...and I'm obviously not the only one. I don't know about you but I don't want just any character in Smash Bros.
I want every character they can get.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:09 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Respect to your own opinion, but I can't ever really get on board with the people who gate-keep the roster for Smash brothers. I've got a buddy of mine that always complains about how "deserving" someone is and it's like, dude.

Here's all your "deserving mainstays" and here's some extra goodies like Ryu and Cloud and hell yeah bring on Joker and Snake. There wouldn't ever be a situation that arises where I would ever be annoyed or angry about someone being included in the game. There are literally seventy other people to play as.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 12:27 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Rumors are circulating about Banjo-Kazooie being a DLC character.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 01:16 PM
KCJ506

Originally posted by Quincy
Respect to your own opinion, but I can't ever really get on board with the people who gate-keep the roster for Smash brothers. I've got a buddy of mine that always complains about how "deserving" someone is and it's like, dude.

Here's all your "deserving mainstays" and here's some extra goodies like Ryu and Cloud and hell yeah bring on Joker and Snake. There wouldn't ever be a situation that arises where I would ever be annoyed or angry about someone being included in the game. There are literally seventy other people to play as.

Yeah when people say things like a certain character "deserves" or "needs" to be in, that just screams entitlement. Let's change that to "I would have preferred if(insert character name) had got in instead".

This goes not just for Smash, but other fighters as well.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 07:53 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

For Smash the only consistent "rule" that's been stated is that a character has to originate in a video game to be eligible, so I'll rightfully gatekeep against non-game characters that people clamor for like Goku, but otherwise it's fair game.

And yeah, if you get Ultimate, not like someone's gonna make you buy Joker or anyone extra that doesn't appeal to you.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 10:20 AM
KCJ506

[B]For Smash the only consistent "rule" that's been stated is that a character has to originate in a video game to be eligible, so I'll rightfully gatekeep against non-game characters that people clamor for like Goku, but otherwise it's fair game.

I agree. Nothing against Goku, but if they were to actually put him in Smash, all it will end up doing is opening flood gates for pretty much any other character out there that didn't originate in a video game. You're going to end up with fanbases from every pop icon with a keyboard demanding characters like Harry Potter, Spider-man, Wolverine, James Bond, Homer Simpson, Spongebob, etc, etc. Not to mention other anime fanbases which are going to want characters from those animes.

By the end of it you're left with a game that was once a celebration about Nintendo icons to one which is just a celebration of pop icons in general. Newcomers from Nintendo IP's like Arms or the Wonderful 101 will never get in as the discussion is dominated by requests characters Batman, Iron Man and Darth Vader.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 11:56 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote