KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KCJ506
I agree. Nothing against Goku, but if they were to actually put him in Smash, all it will end up doing is opening flood gates for pretty much any other character out there that didn't originate in a video game. You're going to end up with fanbases from every pop icon with a keyboard demanding characters like Harry Potter, Spider-man, Wolverine, James Bond, Homer Simpson, Spongebob, etc, etc. Not to mention other anime fanbases which are going to want characters from those animes.

By the end of it you're left with a game that was once a celebration about Nintendo icons to one which is just a celebration of pop icons in general. Newcomers from Nintendo IP's like Arms or the Wonderful 101 will never get in as the discussion is dominated by requests characters Batman, Iron Man and Darth Vader.

At this point, it's almost as bad even with third-party characters in it. You won't hear anybody talk about characters from Arms or Wonderful 101 because they're not "iconic".

Also, I don't think people are being "entitled" when they say a character is deserving. They just want a consistent concept. This series is appealing to Nintendo fans who likely grew up on Nintendo series and third-party series on those consoles. So when they said "deserving", I don't think they mean their favorites but more like, a character makes sense for the Nintendo All-Star concept that this series centered around. That's one of the main reason why people want characters like Mega Man and Simon Belmont in the game. Their series could easily pass off as Nintendo series and that's those characters are not controversial.

But characters like Cloud and Joker? It's pretty obvious why everybody is not accepting them. It's too much of a contrast with the series. Personally, for SE, I'd rather a Dragon Quest rep because I view that series in the same way I view Mega Man and Castlevania, in that it has a long history on Nintendo consoles. A rep like that wouldn't be a problem.

And as for Persona, why not a Shin Megami Tensei character instead? PlayStation has Persona and Nintendo has Shin Megami Tensei. With this still being a Nintendo crossover series, it's easy to understand why a SMT character fits better than a Persona character.

I've seen people complain about guest characters in other fighting games. People talk about how NRS went overboard with MKX and I understand that because I feel the same way. Then there's problem people have with the "Xbox character" Big Daddy in a PlayStation crossover game and I see what they're saying with that too but...that is literally the same problem I (and many others) have with Cloud and Joker in Smash Bros., but fans make all different kind of excuses for that.

It's stuff like that is what turns me off. I know it may seem silly to turn away from a series because of other people but this wouldn't have even happened in the first place if the series stayed consistent.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 06:09 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
At this point, it's almost as bad even with third-party characters in it. You won't hear anybody talk about characters from Arms or Wonderful 101 because they're not "iconic".

Also, I don't think people are being "entitled" when they say a character is deserving. They just want a consistent concept. This series is appealing to Nintendo fans who likely grew up on Nintendo series and third-party series on those consoles. So when they said "deserving", I don't think they mean their favorites but more like, a character makes sense for the Nintendo All-Star concept that this series centered around. That's one of the main reason why people want characters like Mega Man and Simon Belmont in the game. Their series could easily pass off as Nintendo series and that's those characters are not controversial.

But characters like Cloud and Joker? It's pretty obvious why everybody is not accepting them. It's too much of a contrast with the series. Personally, for SE, I'd rather a Dragon Quest rep because I view that series in the same way I view Mega Man and Castlevania, in that it has a long history on Nintendo consoles. A rep like that wouldn't be a problem.

And as for Persona, why not a Shin Megami Tensei character instead? PlayStation has Persona and Nintendo has Shin Megami Tensei. With this still being a Nintendo crossover series, it's easy to understand why a SMT character fits better than a Persona character.

I've seen people complain about guest characters in other fighting games. People talk about how NRS went overboard with MKX and I understand that because I feel the same way. Then there's problem people have with the "Xbox character" Big Daddy in a PlayStation crossover game and I see what they're saying with that too but...that is literally the same problem I (and many others) have with Cloud and Joker in Smash Bros., but fans make all different kind of excuses for that.

It's stuff like that is what turns me off. I know it may seem silly to turn away from a series because of other people but this wouldn't have even happened in the first place if the series stayed consistent.
Yeah Cloud was pretty odd, out of all the FF characters they could've chosen, they choose the one that didn't even debut on a Nintendo console.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 07:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I will say I hate the whole East vs West thing when it comes to fans gatekeeping the roster. Particularly, “If X West character isnt popular in Japan, theyre out of the question”. That was always kind of an argument against Ridley too, and Japan was indeed very indifferent to his reveal unlike the West who was hyped for him, but I got my character, so **** ‘em. Western made 3rd parties are slept on most of all though, even though there is plenty iconic ones to choose from.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 10:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't understand the requests for Son Goku, or anime characters.

They're not even GAME characters. Game crossovers is the entire point, why not ask for Jack Bauer while you're at it?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 11:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

James Bond would arguably be more justified than most considering Goldeneye 64 and the impact it had, but still, yeah.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 12:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Alright, so on the final board where it shows both Galeem and Dharkon.

I got the Galeem winning ending, but now I have no ide how to restart the board to get the Dharkon ending, is there a way to do so?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 07:38 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Alright, so on the final board where it shows both Galeem and Dharkon.

I got the Galeem winning ending, but now I have no ide how to restart the board to get the Dharkon ending, is there a way to do so?
You need to reload.

There's more then just those 2 endings btw, you can fight them both.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 07:50 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You need to reload.

There's more then just those 2 endings btw, you can fight them both.
1. I just tried that, but my game was stuck or something. erm

I did find out how to get all endings though, I got the Hands to make the hole in reality and got to the map where it gave me the choice of either fighting both or one at a time. smile

I think that round was harder than Tabuu actually.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 09:19 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Now that Piranha Plant's finally here, it's alright; like some of its moves. Glad to see it has a Palatena Guidance codec too which gives me hope that the DLC characters will have ones unlike the previous Smash.

Mostly happy with the balance changes that came with the update too. Here's a list of the adjustments.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...tail/a_id/43317

Being able to short hop easier now simply by pressing both jump buttons is also nice.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:45 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Now that Piranha Plant's finally here, it's alright; like some of its moves. Glad to see it has a Palatena Guidance codec too which gives me hope that the DLC characters will have ones unlike the previous Smash.

Mostly happy with the balance changes that came with the update too. Here's a list of the adjustments.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...tail/a_id/43317

Being able to short hop easier now simply by pressing both jump buttons is also nice.
how do you access the palutena guidance things?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Choose Pit, Palutena's Temple stage, and lightly/quickly press the down taunt button. Same thing with Snake on Shadow Moses Island if you want to see the Brawl codecs again, though kinda bummed that they just ported/reused them instead of giving Hayter Snake anything new to work with but eh, better than nothing.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 09:41 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I see Smash is available off Humble Store?

What's the point, if I can't play it on my pc?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 10:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Choose Pit, Palutena's Temple stage, and lightly/quickly press the down taunt button. Same thing with Snake on Shadow Moses Island if you want to see the Brawl codecs again, though kinda bummed that they just ported/reused them instead of giving Hayter Snake anything new to work with but eh, better than nothing.

They should've just had Snake and Palutena do a collab together and have her appear in his codec.

Originally posted by cdtm
Did I see Smash is available off Humble Store?

What's the point, if I can't play it on my pc?

How would you be able to play it on a pina coloda anyway? It's a drink, silly.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 02:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

HEY GUYS I DONT WANNA ****IN ALARM YOU BUT:

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 04:54 PM
Bro SMASH

Dragon Quest Hero and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash:

Now these characters I accept in Smash! I've been wanting Banjo in this series since the first two games!

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 04:55 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Dragon Quest Hero and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash:

Now these characters I accept in Smash! I've been wanting Banjo in this series since the first two games!
Who tf is Dragon Quest Hero?

Erdrick?

Descendant of Erdrick?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 04:57 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Hyped as hell here for Banjo finally making it in as he should've been since Smash 64.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 04:59 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Who tf is Dragon Quest Hero?

Erdrick?

Descendant of Erdrick?

Luminary from DQ XI but they have alt skins for a bunch of the heroes.

Looks cool. I don’t give a shit about Banjo though.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 05:06 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

What a coicidence, I have no idea who the hell this Luminara ***** is.

How disappointing. First inclusion of the DQ games and it's someone from the newest game when they KNOW people wanted Erdrick.

Banjo's pretty cool. I want Sir Arthur or Firebrand in the ****ing game.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 05:08 PM
ares834

Watch the trailer before bitching. Erdrick is in as well. He is an alternate skin...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 05:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote