KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Cyclops (Fox) vs The Defenders (Netflix)

Cyclops (Fox) vs The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

Cyclops (fox) vs The Defenders (netflix)

The fight is in New York and they start 50 yards apart. Can Cyke take them down before they find a way to get to him and take him out?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:40 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cyclops is the most incompetent there is, he gets roflstomped

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:41 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Matt uses his speed and agility to get close enough and then chucks him in the head with a billy club. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Matt uses his speed and agility to get close enough and then chucks him in the head with a billy club. stick out tongue

Maybe. But couldn't cyke do what he does at the 22 second mark in this vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtFT7lnJ5w

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:47 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

No because he's a complete baffoon in actual combat. A controlled environment hitting clay discs isn't the same as taking down Luke Cage.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:49 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Originally posted by Blindside12
Cyclops is the most incompetent there is, he gets roflstomped

I understand you hate Cyclops, but can we try to have a discussion about him in a vs situation without people letting their hatred for the character cloud their judgment? Or is the hate just too strong? Not trying to pick on you, it's just your type of response is the one of the first I usually see when people discuss Cyclops in a vs situation, like their hatred for the character trumps all logical discussion on his abilities. Again, not trying to pick on you, please don't take this personal, I'm just remarking on a trend I see with the character.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:51 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

My first response was based on his combat showings. Him and his brother always get owned. They are horrible in combat and don't have a single showing to suggest they could take down the defenders.

Since your obviously taking Cyclops side here, can you post some feats to suggest he can take down the defenders?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:52 PM
emporerpants

No because he's a complete baffoon in actual combat. A controlled environment hitting clay discs isn't the same as taking down Luke Cage.

In X1 Cyclops blasts several pieces of metal that magneto is sending at him in the statue of liberty in much the same manner as he did the clay in that scene, and that is "an actual combat situation."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:53 PM
emporerpants

A young Cyclops did fine against Storm.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:54 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by emporerpants
In X1 Cyclops blasts several pieces of metal that magneto is sending at him in the statue of liberty in much the same manner as he did the clay in that scene, and that is "an actual combat situation."

You have named two scenes where he is blasting inanimate objects not taking down a team.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 03:54 PM
emporerpants

You have named two scenes where he is blasting inanimate objects not taking down a team.

I said he could blast a billy club out of the air like he did the clay. You said he couldn't because it wasn't a combat situation and he sucks in combat situations. I mentioned a scene where he blasted fast moving objects out of the air in a combat situation that is much like the clay shooting, thus proving he can do it in a combat situation, especially against a billy club that would be, in all likelihood, moving slower than objects thrown by Magneto. So what does this post of yours I quoted have to do with what we were previously discussing? My initial point, that you tried to refute, was that Cyclops could blast a billy club out of the air. Which he obviously could do. If you think the Defenders can win that's fine. But to think it's a total stomp right from the word go is silly. Cyclops will take a few out before going down, if he goes down at all.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:04 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea you are right, he wins against the Defenders even though he's been neutralized by Toad.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:30 PM
emporerpants

My first response was based on his combat showings. Him and his brother always get owned. They are horrible in combat and don't have a single showing to suggest they could take down the defenders.

Since your obviously taking Cyclops side here, can you post some feats to suggest he can take down the defenders?

No, I am not taking Cyclops's side. I never said he wins. I think it could go either way. It is certainly possible they get in close and take him out. It is also possible he blasts them before they get close. None of the Defenders have ranged powers and Cyke's blasts are easily powerful enough to take Luke out, especially since Luke was put down by a shotgun. These blast hit harder than a shotgun yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8nWG456o-Q

The reason I am arguing for Cyke at the moment is you said it would be a total stomp. Which it wouldn't be. They don't have the drop on him, they are fifty yards away in front of him, and he aims with his God damn eyes. What proof do you have that the Defenders can dodge his beams long enough to get in close and take him down? Beyond the whole "Cyclops sucks" thing, which really isn't the most logical argument to put forth.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:30 PM
emporerpants

Yea you are right, he wins against the Defenders even though he's been neutralized by Toad.

Again, he was blindsided by Toad, which is not the case in this scenario.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:32 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure bro, Cyclops wins

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:32 PM
emporerpants

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 04:42 PM
emporerpants

Just noticed I messed up and didn't put this in the movie vs forum. Could a mod please move it to the movie vs forum? Pretty please? smile

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 05:48 PM
steverules_2

The defenders win with the roflcopter

Matt Murdock is the pilot

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 9th, 2018 07:05 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Matt should be able to get the hit in him.

The other Defenders would be toast. Even with the nerfed live action incarnation of Cyclops.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 06:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Matt should be able to get the hit in him.

The other Defenders would be toast. Even with the nerfed live action incarnation of Cyclops.

Yup, I can see that happening. On his own? I highly doubt it. But with the defenders backing him? Yes, I can see that happening. Daredevil could easily slip away while Cyke blasts the less stealthy members of the defenders, and then sneak up and take Cyke down. However if Cyke blasts him first then I can see him taking down the team. So yeah, not a stomp either way IMO. Both sides can win this.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 03:39 PM