KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Triumvirate power wank

New Triumvirate power wank
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

New Triumvirate power wank

First, allow me to extrapolate on what makes the relevant quote so impressive.

After the Sacking of Coruscant, Aryn Leneer returns to occupied capital and senses this:

quote:
Due to her empathic sense, Aryn felt the dread in the air as a tangible thing, a pall that overhung the entire planet. It wore on her, weighed her down. The towers of duracrete and transparisteel seemed ready to fall in on her. She felt hunched, tensed in anticipation of a blow. The dread was omnipresent, an entire planet of billions of people projecting raw emotion into the air.

She could not wall them out. She did not want to wall them out. The Jedi had failed them. She deserved to feel what they felt.
- Decieved

Whilst fighting Sith Sabers on Dromund Kaas, Luke Skywalker senses this:

quote:
Luke and Jaina were fighting back-to-back. The Sith attacking them had two advantages. One was the fact that they outnumbered the two Jedi. The second was that they were being reinforced by the emanations of the dark-side nexus within the temple. It surged forth like psychic sewage, clogging the Jedi's reflexes as it fueled their enemies.
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension

This is stated to be the state of the Republic during the Dark Wars:

quote:
The Sith seemed to have achieved the victory they had long sought. Less than one hundred Jedi, nearly all of them in hiding, survived the Sith's purge. Many citizens took this unimaginable event as proof that the Force had turned malevolent, or that cosmic balance was nothing more than a story for children. Despair was palpable, and many planets offered only halfhearted and ragged defense against Sith attackers. Planets throughout the slice surrendered, and the Sith fed on the psychic misery of a shattered Republic.
- The Essential Atlas

Essentially, the Triumvirate manufactured a dark-side miasma across the entire Republic.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 03:23 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

...through their actions, yes.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 05:12 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Which is still incredibly impressive.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 05:18 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
...through their actions, yes.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Why are both of you missing the point? I even said they manufactured it. The point being was that they were feeding off of a miasma fueled by the psychic energy of the entire Republic. It's pretty damn insane when you think about.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 06:28 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suppose you have Krayt above the triumvirate then? Very nice.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 10:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Krayt didn't affect the Force. The Sith ruled more openly and vastly than they had since Revan's Empire, that's a big difference.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:24 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He absolutely did. The Dark Side was more dominant than it ever had been in history, and the misery was palpable all across the galaxy.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:25 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You realise that me and Ant uncovered the quote you're referring to? I know exactly what it says.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:31 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The quote can be found somewhere in here, along with other stuff:

https://imgur.com/a/eJu5E

One might even speculate Krayt himself had a hand in it, eh?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:33 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

These are the pertinent quotes:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Alright everyone, show is over. Kneel before Darth Krayt.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:37 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ah, some of that I was unaware of, honestly. All very impressive stuff. So Krayt Reborn > Emperor Krayt > DE Sheev?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:38 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up Krayt was the embodiment of the Dark Side in a time where it's sway was unparalleled.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 11:39 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

“Not since the days of Darth Revan and Darth Malak has the dark side ruled so convincingly.

Kek. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 01:52 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

wizards of the coast strikes again laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 02:38 PM
Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Darth Revan level thumb up

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

So the difference between these kinds of imbalances and the threat that Sidious posed is that by the end of TPM, Sidious was threatening the stability of the cosmic force through his mere existence even though he hadn't a fraction of the actual power and control of, say, Krayt or Revan/Malak. Likewise, prior to that Plagueis and Sidious unbalanced the Force through meditating on an island when neither of them were even among the five most politically powerful individuals in the galaxy.

So the first stages of the unbalance via Plagueis and Sidious's meditation was an act of raw willpower/exertion, the second stage was an act of influence over the source code of the Force, and the third was Palpatine just being really powerful. There's a clear distinction between this and the other Sith unbalancing the Force through fear and tyranny.

(This doesn't mean the OP isn't impressive, just adding this because some of you are making that comparison)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 07:19 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

In all seriousness yes, Elm is correct. Plagueis and Sheev threw the Force out of balance more thoroughly than it ever had been before, not by hunting the Jedi to nigh-extinction and ruling the entire galaxy with an iron fist, committing genocide etc, but simply by meditating against the Force. Sheev embodied the dark side and maintained the shroud with his sheer power after Tenebrous, his master and Plagueis set the stage for him.

In contrast, in the case of Revan, the Triumvirate and Krayt, the Force fell out of balance and slanted toward the dark side because of the widespread death, misery and most importantly, the annihilation of the Jedi Order. This was no personal achievement on their part, it was an achievement of their respective empires.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 07:34 PM
Unbowed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
In all seriousness yes, Elm is correct. Plagueis and Sheev threw the Force out of balance more thoroughly than it ever had been before, not by hunting the Jedi to nigh-extinction and ruling the entire galaxy with an iron fist, committing genocide etc, but simply by meditating against the Force. Sheev embodied the dark side and maintained the shroud with his sheer power after Tenebrous, his master and Plagueis set the stage for him.

In contrast, in the case of Revan, the Triumvirate and Krayt, the Force fell out of balance and slanted toward the dark side because of the widespread death, misery and most importantly, the annihilation of the Jedi Order. This was no personal achievement on their part, it was an achievement of their respective empires.

As impressive as Plagueis' feat was, the Clone Wars were responsible for the shroud of the Dark side. That was the whole reason for their existence.

quote:
Maul: I have missed soo much. The force feels... out of balance.
Savage Opress: Yes, there is conflict. The Clone Wars.

quote:
The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, the Clone War has.

Plagueis' ritual took place in 42 BBY, ten years before TPM. During all that time, for all of Plagueis' grandiose notions, the Jedi hadn't sensed anything wrong. Yet Yoda immediately senses something is terribly wrong at the end of AOTC.

And at the time of TPM Maul was already a powerful Dark Sider, yet the first thing he notices after Talzin heals him is that the Force is out of balance, and immediately figures out the cause.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ AotC makes it clear that Mace and Yoda had noticed it for a while before Geonosis (and the clone army’s creation started around TPM).

Old Post Mar 11th, 2018 09:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote