KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Triumvirate power wank

New Triumvirate power wank
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I thought Sidious was bullshitting when he said Endor wasn't his only death.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No. Around the end of ANH was the the first time, iirc.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Pretty sure Chee said that he was bullshitting.

Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

When and how did he die?

Lmao.

Ninja'd.

Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Or else, the balance would have been immediattely throw out of the wack the minute he returned,

Pretty sure it was, though I don't have the quote on me.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:20 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by Ursumeles

He did.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:20 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Ursumeles

He's not the only one who brings it up.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:29 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's not the only one who brings it up.

Mind expanding with a source?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Pretty sure it was, though I don't have the quote on me.

If true, wouldn't that outright nulify Anakin fulfilling the Chosen One prophecy, something that he was stated by sources and Lucas himself to achieve?

Lmao.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:42 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

If true, wouldn't that outright nulify Anakin fulfilling the Chosen One prophecy, something that he was stated by sources and Lucas himself to achieve?

OOU, yes, we all know that the Sith existing post-RotJ is problematic.

IU though, Palpatine ended up getting defeated by Anakin's children, so his prophecy lives on in a sense.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:50 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The intent of DE itself was that Palpatine had died multiple times before the events of RotJ:
https://i.imgur.com/b56WAcI.jpg

However, Chee seemingly 'retconned' that concept in a response on the Dark Horse Comics Battleboard:
quote:
TastyTaste/Chee: None of the versions of Palpatine that you see in the films is a clone. The original Palpatine had a normal lifespan. He went through the clone transfer process between Eps VI and DE. (I concede that some "retconning" might need to be considered with the exact wording of the DE text.)
-Source

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

ILS, what's that source?

Descension?

Star Wars Role Playing Game?

Force and Destiny?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Given that it was stated Sidious' first "death" aboard the Death Star allowed Anakin to fulfill it's prophecy, it's seems pretty clear to me that it was more than just Palpatine's power that caused the imbalance.

Or else, the balance would have been immediattely throw out of the wack the minute he returned, and only got stronger as he further increased his power in the events leading to DE.

I'd say his grip on the galaxy, in conjunction with his Force abilities is what caused the imbalance to be as profound as it was. Hence, why his first Death restored it because his political grip of the galaxy had gone and the Jedi Order was to begin anew.

Except that the imbalance of the Force returned just as Palpatine did, and grew stronger throughout DE. Flex that brain a bit, and you might remember.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t640230.html

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

On the contrary sweetheart, I remember that clearly.

Now, mind pointing to me where it's stated the Force was severely out of balance, after Palpatine's return? You've established the presence of the dark side was strong upon Sidious return--which is fair, I've proudly admitted Sids' power played a part in initial disparity of the Force--but that hardly speaks of cosmological imbalance.

Neither does it exactly tie-in with sources that acknowledge DE, yet state Palpatine's death aboard the second Death Star ultimately restored balance to the Force and said nothing about it's return upon his 'rebirth'.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Mar 12th, 2018 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 01:48 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, some dude saying the darkside was getting stronger doesn't mean the Force was unbalanced. erm

The Force waxes and wanes with the darkside all the time. Big deal.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 02:06 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Sith Triumvirate (Kreia, Sion, Nihilus)?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yes.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 12:12 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Wasn't Nihilus a walking Force Imbalance, though?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote