KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If He Be Worthy - Tournament Invitation

If He Be Worthy - Tournament Invitation
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 34 35 [36]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol yeah, i'm not into complex and teams create too much of a hassle for the poor judges imo. also hard to debate teams in a 3 post event and if you get past that no one wants to judge. i have faith in the saint that he will think of something interesting. thumb up

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
lol yeah, i'm not into complex and teams create too much of a hassle for the poor judges imo. also hard to debate teams in a 3 post event and if you get past that no one wants to judge. i have faith in the saint that he will think of something interesting. thumb up

well I have to admit that while the galactic showdown (the complex build a character) Tourney was by far one of my most fun debates it went a LOT more than 3 posts each (more like 7/8). That and while one forum member on ledger asked about voting we never got a single judgement.

given that comic Ledger was a site where complex tourney's, scenarios and role playing games were the norm that was dissapointing

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:06 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

one of the biggest considerations is certainly the judges in any tourney--things need to be kept pretty simple or no one will want to judge and i can't blame anyone for that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

We are moving away from team building and complex drafting. Because back in the day Ohboy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:44 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

drafting CAN still be pretty flexible, we just generally keep it simple for whatever reason. the picking of characters and the unveiling, is typically my favourite part of any tourney. lol i think having a secret draft is always best. the reveal is just too good not to love.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I unfortunately won't be involved in any way, as I plan on taking a fairly significant hiatus from KMC very soon. But the lone idea I had years ago that I always thought would be cool is a Trans. tourney with zero prep (except shields), but literally no rules after that. Duplicates, time travel, speed force, offensive matter manip., BFR, porting in McGuffins from around the multiverse, etc. Anything goes, if it can be proven via feats and isn't countered. In my idea, each participant would draft a (non-amalgam) team of two. And no more than probably 3 posts total, since they'd be wildly weird battles to judge.

If that tickles your fancies, feel free to run with it. Outside of who might be above Trans., there would be basically no rulings for a host to make since it's an explicitly rules-light format. Garnering judges would be the big thing, as it usually is.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

can you imagine the chaos from something like that... i'd likely be good for whatever though. finally have some free time for the first time in months.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:33 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

laughing out loud

can you imagine the chaos from something like that...

Lol, oh yes, that's the whole point. The insane cosmic ****ery that would ensue would be spectacular.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:35 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

one of the biggest considerations is certainly the judges in any tourney--things need to be kept pretty simple or no one will want to judge and i can't blame anyone for that.

Of course. The wierd thing was on ledger the same debater and I had another tourney battle that went for 8 pages (7 of them actual nattle one of votes and discussion) . The cosmic galactic one where he posted 7 times and me 8 was only 2 pages. Yet our 8 page battle got 5 votes. That was why it was dissapointimg. It was sort of the norm on the site. It had a small membership but they were all usually into intricate and detailed things. Miss that somewhat as for members RL got to busy and most members rarely visit now.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 09:46 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I will try and think of one, and will host.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 07:46 PM