KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Thread for Leftist Hypocrisy and Other Immoral Behavior.

Thread for Leftist Hypocrisy and Other Immoral Behavior.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (138): « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another fine example of leftist hypocrisy:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Why is it fake news always seems to go against conservatives?

State Department Spent $52,701 on Curtains for Residence of U.N. Envoy

No problem here. Except the original title of the article was:

"State Department Spent $52,701 on Curtains for Nikki Haley’s Residence"

Spoiler alert:

This was ordered under Obama.

The outcry has largely died down now that it has been revealed it was the Obama admin that did this. Weird, I wonder why? Does anyone have any explanation for why it suddenly stopped being a big deal when it was discovered you couldn't blame it on Trump? Care to hazard a guess?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 10:28 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't almost everything Donny says when fact checked is a lie.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 12:26 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do love whenever a media outlet gives trump ammo to call them fake news.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 12:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know it's not a country dick measuring comp but if you look at PISA metadata over each 3-year cycle, what you're saying simply isn't true every PISA test pattern shows the same thing, that the US is below the UK. Although you are right about Wales and Scotland. For Science and Maths, the UK does considerably better, but that is only to be expected.

Actually, there's no room left for debate. You were wrong and your premise was illogical.

I cited research that shows literacy equality when only considering England and Northern Ireland. Both (UK and US) have scores of 252. That excludes Scotland and Wales who are the bottom performers with Wales being significant lower than the other 3 countries in the UK. Meaning, the UK and the US, when comparing almost the entirety of the populations, do not have literacy parity: the UK significantly lags behind.

Comparing almost all of the adult populations against each other is a much fairer comparison than just a certain set of school age children.

When you want to compare the literacy rates in a country, you don't compare a small subset of the population. You compare the largest sampled set possible so that your sample statistic is representative of the populations.

Else I can just cite the research that shows the lead the UK children have is not only lost but they drop below the US to last place out of all top 23 countries in the world. Last place. Ages 16-19. The UK.

There is no equality: the UK has lower literacy than the US.

Why is that? We have a ton of Latino immigrants are are largely illiterate (look at Texas and California literacy for examples of how large of an impact their immigration has on US literacy).

Why is the UK, the originator of the English language, less adept with the language than us dumb Yanks?

Last edited by dadudemon on Sep 16th, 2018 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Compare the two from the last full cycle in 2015, sorry DDM, but this is from Source.

http://www.compareyourcountry.org/p...untry/gbr?lg=en

http://www.compareyourcountry.org/p...untry/usa?lg=en

You'll see the US is below the UK. It's the same with 2012 and 2009, the US has been in decline since 2006... The UK have remained stable since 2006.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:49 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Leftists on Kavanaugh: accusations seem credible, she needs to be heard!

Leftists on Keith Ellison accusations: *crickets*

Now the spin will be "he's not up for the supreme court", as if he's just some janitor for the DNC not about to potentially be in a position of power.

laughing

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:32 AM
dadudemon

Compare the two from the last full cycle in 2015, sorry DDM, but this is from Source.

http://www.compareyourcountry.org/p...untry/gbr?lg=en

http://www.compareyourcountry.org/p...untry/usa?lg=en

You'll see the US is below the UK. It's the same with 2012 and 2009, the US has been in decline since 2006... The UK have remained stable since 2006.

And everything else I posted is more recent and covers almost all of the populations. Sorry, there's no room left for debate.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
And everything else I posted is more recent and covers almost all of the populations. Sorry, there's no room left for debate.
Of course there is. You haven't even got the end of this 3 year cycle so any data is incomplete and the last3 complete cycles showed the same trend. If this data is different it bucks a 9 year, cycle on cycle trend... And no short term study has the relevance of a longer one for reasons I don't think you need explained.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:57 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Leftists on Kavanaugh: accusations seem credible, she needs to be heard!

Leftists on Keith Ellison accusations: *crickets*

Now the spin will be "he's not up for the supreme court", as if he's just some janitor for the DNC not about to potentially be in a position of power.

laughing

Also, news just broke about the Kavanaugh accuser:

The accusers' lawyer raised $29k for Hillary, attended a women for Hillary finance event, and Diana Feinstein, the senator the accuser reported the accusations to, was also at that fundraiser with the lawyer.

Since Democrats are obsessed with collusion, looks like they are colluding with each other every bit the same.

Oh, hey, lookie here, just what I said it was: a partisan character assassination job.

And I also stated that both sides do this. It just so happens it is the Dems trying this time.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:59 PM
dadudemon

Of course there is. You haven't even got the end of this 3 year cycle so any data is incomplete and the last3 complete cycles showed the same trend. If this data is different it bucks a 9 year, cycle on cycle trend... And no short term study has the relevance of a longer one for reasons I don't think you need explained.

Actually, there's no room left for debate. You were wrong and your premise was illogical.

I cited research that shows literacy equality when only considering England and Northern Ireland. Both (UK and US) have scores of 252. That excludes Scotland and Wales who are the bottom performers with Wales being significant lower than the other 3 countries in the UK. Meaning, the UK and the US, when comparing almost the entirety of the populations, do not have literacy parity: the UK significantly lags behind.

Comparing almost all of the adult populations against each other is a much fairer comparison than just a certain set of school age children.

When you want to compare the literacy rates in a country, you don't compare a small subset of the population. You compare the largest sampled set possible so that your sample statistic is representative of the populations.

Else I can just cite the research that shows the lead the UK children have is not only lost but they drop below the US to last place out of all top 23 countries in the world. Last place. Ages 16-19. The UK.

There is no equality: the UK has lower literacy than the US.

Why is that? We have a ton of Latino immigrants are are largely illiterate (look at Texas and California literacy for examples of how large of an impact their immigration has on US literacy).

Why is the UK, the originator of the English language, less adept with the language than us dumb Yanks?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:00 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what you are saying is that pre 2006 people who became adults were behind in the UK and since 2006 the children in the UK have gone ahead of the children in the US on the cusp of adulthood? That seems to be what your saying based on evidence.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, news just broke about the Kavanaugh accuser:

The accusers' lawyer raised $29k for Hillary, attended a women for Hillary finance event, and Diana Feinstein, the senator the accuser reported the accusations to, was also at that fundraiser with the lawyer.

Since Democrats are obsessed with collusion, looks like they are colluding with each other every bit the same.

Oh, hey, lookie here, just what I said it was: a partisan character assassination job.

And I also stated that both sides do this. It just so happens it is the Dems trying this time.

Lol these people are so slimey it is hilarious.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:22 PM
dadudemon

So what you are saying is that pre 2006 people who became adults were behind in the UK and since 2006 the children in the UK have gone ahead of the children in the US on the cusp of adulthood? That seems to be what your saying based on evidence.

(please log in to view the image)

smile

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

HA, UK? More like U gay.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:29 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting we glitched down to the US level. Those are not up on the PISA site yet. I'll wait till they are like I said the full cycle isn't complete. It seems strange we have dropped so far from the end of the last full cycle. What's your source on that? It looks pre 2006 because the graphs aren't like that now.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:33 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hang on the OECD one is 20 for the UK and 40 for the US. That looks right. So basically those figures agree with me. 're adult literacy both probably were shit in the 60s 70s 80s and 90s in school, with Britain slightly worse offsetting recent improvement overall between 16 and 65.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Sep 18th, 2018 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:37 PM
dadudemon

Hang on the OECD one is 20 for the UK and 40 for the US. That looks right. So basically those figures agree with me. 're adult literacy both probably were shit in the 60s 70s 80s and 90s in school, with Britain slightly worse offsetting recent improvement overall between 16 and 65.

Looks like you are one of the ones that fall under the less than level 2 literacy.

You want a source? How about reading my posts where the sources are already listed.

On the chart: one section is for literacy and the other is for numeracy.

I guess that puts you into a less than level 2 for numeracy as well?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:07 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahh I see it's literacy below level two not overall lower levels. In that case my data still stands.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 07:25 PM
dadudemon

Ahh I see it's literacy below level two not overall lower levels. In that case my data still stands.

Translation: "I don't like it that people in the UK are more illiterate than people in the US, on average and I was wrong to correct you when you made the point, earlier."

But my original point was wrong: the UK doesn't have English as the official language.

But, hey, at least we established the illiteracy issues with the UK.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:57 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Translation: "I don't like it that people in the UK are more illiterate than people in the US, on average and I was wrong to correct you when you made the point, earlier."

But my original point was wrong: the UK doesn't have English as the official language.

But, hey, at least we established the illiteracy issues with the UK.
Translation even in your own selective data they are equally bad. In contrary data different picture for the young has emerged. Which is a 9 year trend. Which is not open to argument.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:01 PM