KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The future of retail outlet stores

The future of retail outlet stores
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
bitter much?

I like that he implied that non-liberals don't really read much; are not into books.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Robtard
People love the feel and smell of books, the feel of turning pages; reading one on a tablet doesn't compare if you need the physical and olfactory inputs to immerse yourself in the story/topic.

Imo this is going away too. I do still run into this sentiment, and actually used to have it myself (until I actually discovered the convenience of e-books). So it will be slow to die. But think about the types of kids who read a lot: their socioeconomic status is usually pretty good, and those parents are buying tablets that can do 100 things for their kids. Those eventual teens and adults won't give two sh*ts about the olfactory input.

Not sure what Kurk was talking about earlier Re: socializing in B&N though. The place is quieter than a library when I go, even with dozens of people around.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I like that he implied that non-liberals don't really read much; are not into books.

Well it is your side that tends to BURN BOOKS.

is that a "BINGO" Moment?

smokin'

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I actually love the smell of books.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:36 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Digi
Imo this is going away too. I do still run into this sentiment, and actually used to have it myself (until I actually discovered the convenience of e-books). So it will be slow to die. But think about the types of kids who read a lot: their socioeconomic status is usually pretty good, and those parents are buying tablets that can do 100 things for their kids. Those eventual teens and adults won't give two sh*ts about the olfactory input.

Not sure what Kurk was talking about earlier Re: socializing in B&N though. The place is quieter than a library when I go, even with dozens of people around.

Yeah, eventually, just not anytime soon, imo. But they'll always be books in some facet even far into the future. eg Look at records, they're still a thing. I transitioned to eBooks probably around 8yrs ago (whenever the Kindle Touch came out) and I still miss the feel/smell factor. But the convenience of having all my books in one small device does it for me. My wife tried for about 6ish months, she didn't like it, she went back to paper books.

Same, I live close to a B&N, it's always fairly quiet. Some people talking in the dining area, but they're not loud. They tend to almost treat it like a library when it comes to etiquette. Conclusion: Kurk's just being his immature teen self again and talking nonsense

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 15th, 2018 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If Teen's are "Immature" then why do Democrats/Leftists want to give them the Vote?

Oh wait....

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment
I actually love the smell of books.

Same, why bookstores and libraries do it for me even though I mostly read eBooks now.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:42 PM
Flyattractor

I prefer books I don't need to have a battery to read.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:43 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

screens strain the shit out of my eyes and I tend to get distracted by the device they're on (e.g e-textbooks on computer; I get distracted by KMC)

I also enjoy taking margin notes in a physical copy. As for smells...ehh not really my thing.

Make no mistake, e-textbooks have their pros (just ask my back and shoulders)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:46 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kurk
screens strain the shit out of my eyes and I tend to get distracted by the device they're on (e.g e-textbooks on computer; I get distracted by KMC)

I also enjoy taking margin notes in a physical copy. As for smells...ehh not really my thing.

Make no mistake, e-textbooks have their pros (just ask my back and shoulders)

Use a device that simulates paper and has no glare or light emissions. Why I stuck with my old kindle touch. Sure I need a light-source when reading at night, but that's the same as if reading on paper.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:50 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, and even non-specific tablets have apps with night-mode reading. The difference on the eyes is negligible from physical books.

I like taking notes in books as well, so that's a transition, I agree. But it's not without e-solutions as well.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Use a device that simulates paper and has no glare or light emissions. Why I stuck with my old kindle touch. Sure I need a light-source when reading at night, but that's the same as if reading on paper.
The lit screens have their perks. For example, I use my phone to read Raven smut while I fap at night. It'd be hard to do that with a paper copy or old Kindle with a second light source on me.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:56 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The lit screens have their perks. For example, I use my phone to read Raven smut while I fap at night. It'd be hard to do that with a paper copy or old Kindle with a second light source on me.

Dude, just lock your door so your mother can't come in. Besides, you're an adult now, she should be knocking first. This guy.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:58 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, and even non-specific tablets have apps with night-mode reading. The difference on the eyes is negligible from physical books.

I like taking notes in books as well, so that's a transition, I agree. But it's not without e-solutions as well.

Eh, still feel that even in night-mode my iPhone and iPad still don't compare to my zero- light emission Kindle, when it comes to eyestrain and making one restless. But night-mode is defo an improvement to standard viewing if you have to read on a back-lite device.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:01 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, just lock your door so your mother can't come in. Besides, you're an adult now, she should be knocking first. This guy.
It doesn't lock anymore; the wood frame is split. Long story short, my mom broke it down last time I tried to lock her out smile

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It doesn't lock anymore; the wood frame is split. Long story short, my mom broke it down last time I tried to lock her out smile

FFS, Kurk. Then I guess she'll risk one of these:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:11 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah man. I'm discrete and quick af. We're talking about less than 30 seconds. I'm a cautious man, remember?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:26 PM
Flyattractor

That is how Robbie's Mom made Him.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:36 PM
Impediment
Endless

I wanna try the Walmart pickup just once so I can say I did it.

Click, buy, pick up.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I do the click, buy , pick up thing. It rocks when the weather is really crappy out.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:11 PM