KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Could American sweatshops be a good idea for orphans

Could American sweatshops be a good idea for orphans
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
have you ever been in a group home, half-way house, etc? what you are basically describing is job corps which is already in place. Troubled ophans dont need a job they need a family. Use those resources to find a suitable home. Not some shit job.

If enough suitable homes existed that were inclined to take in a troubled teen then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place now would there? There are too many foster kids, not enough homes for them, and an aversion to accepting a troubled older teen into the home preventing your ideal from ever actually being a reality. Happy stable households typically want babies and small children, they don't want a 15 year old with an attitude problem and/or violent tendencies even if those issues are rooted in the fact that the teen was repeatedly physically and sexually abused by their previous foster family. A lot of these kids aren't going to get families anyway and are simply going to be tossed out on the street to fend for themselves with zero life skills when they turn 18, how is preparing them to be able to fend for themselves worse than that fate?

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 15th, 2018 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:02 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL @ the retards in here who are pushing for sweatshops/child labor.

Do you really think that voluntary child labor in a safe environment is worst than the sex trafficking that currently plagues the system,...

http://foster-care-newsletter.com/s...k/#.WqrAPejwa00

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:04 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Look people in most places it's already ok for a 15 year old to get a job so I'm really not understanding what the big deal is here. I'm not talking about forcing an 8 year old to work 12 hours a day in a 100 degree factory for 25 cents an hour here, I'm talking about giving teens with a low probability of being placed in a loving home a chance to get a leg up on the real world before they're cut loose on their 18th birthday.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:08 PM
Flyattractor

Sex = Fun
Work = Not Fun.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:08 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
Do you really think that voluntary child labor in a safe environment is worst than the sex trafficking that currently plagues the system,...

http://foster-care-newsletter.com/s...k/#.WqrAPejwa00

Something being worse doesn't mean that another bad idea is good by that merit. They're both bad; one just happens to be worse.

Has been said before in here: what's wrong with these orphans going to school like non-orphaned children? Do some soul-searching, dude. You're better than this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Something being worse doesn't mean that another bad idea is good by that merit. They're both bad; one just happens to be worse.

Has been said before in here: what's wrong with these orphans going to school like non-orphaned children? Do some soul-searching, dude. You're better than this.

I already said that a system for basic education could be worked into it. I'm not proposing that we send the message that math's and English isn't necessary, I just happen to believe that the opportunity to spend 6 hours a day doing busy work in school probably isn't worth being raped repeatedly to those who have to suffer through it.

Or hell let's meet in the middle, would you be ok with the idea as long as the kids at the camps got bused to school everyday?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Or you know, just crack down on the sex-offenders instead of sending orphans to labor camps?

It doesn't have to be an: "you go to the sweatshop or you get anally raped, little Billy." either/or scenario as you're trying to force it to be.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Or you know, just crack down on the sex-offenders instead of sending orphans to labor camps?

It doesn't have to be an: "you go to the sweatshop or you get anally raped, little Billy." either/or scenario as you're trying to force it to be.

We've been trying to crack down on the problem for years, it's still not going anywhere. So why wait for some magic remedy to people being pieces of shit if there's something we can do to help the problem NOW?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, if labor camps are the only solution in stopping orphans from being raped apparently, what happens when an orphan gets raped while at labor camp? *plot thickens*

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:41 PM
darthgoober

Well, if labor camps are the only solution in stopping orphans from being raped apparently, what happens when an orphan gets raped while at labor camp? *plot thickens*

That's why I talked about strict oversight of the whole thing. I'm not talking messing around when I say "strict", I'd damn near want to big brother the entire camps. What's more, it's still a voluntary program. One of it's primary appeals is that the kids are safer from rape, if rape becomes a problem no one's going to choose to stay there. Then they'd have to work AND be raped as opposed to just sitting around the house and being raped.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You're a weird, dude. You know that.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:46 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Sin I AM
i was i retired

a brand new e1 makes about 19000 a year. divide that by 2080 and he makes about 9.25 an hour. Minimum wage is 7.25 (in texas,sc where army/marine/airforce basic training is) and 8.25 in illinois (where navy boot camp is) so not your first statement was wrong. add in the fact that most new enlisted soldiers get promoted twice AUTOMATICALLY within that first year (unless they phuck up) they wont be sitting at 9.25 for long. add in free medical, free dental, life insurance and dependents they make wayyyyyy more.

second part youre comparing forced fun with forced labor

That’s after all the things I mentioned are taken away. How is that so hard to understand.

A brand new private makes around a 1000 a month.

The author was never saying force labor, it’s you guys that’s calling it force labor. He just wanted to see if there was a way to help foster home children learn a trade before leaving the foster care.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:47 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

You're a weird, dude. You know that.

I'm simply pragmatic. As we've discussed before, I don't have faith in human beings. I have no patience in waiting around for some magical shift in human nature or in simply hoping that one day things will somehow work out while children are abused DAILY. The foster system has been broken pretty much since it's inception so I think what we need to focus on is trying to make sure that more and more kids aren't screwed up forever while people who aren't currently suffering under it daily wish as hard as they can for someone to appear with a magic wand that suddenly makes all the bad stuff go away.

Right now under the current system, the kids I'm talking about are just screwed plain and simple. I think it's time we at least gave them another option even if it's not an ideal option.

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 15th, 2018 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:55 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

darth you don't belong here. Go back home to the vs. Forum where you belong. erm

There's a thread right now about SS combat speed!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 09:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by darthgoober
We've been trying to crack down on the problem for years, it's still not going anywhere. So why wait for some magic remedy to people being pieces of shit if there's something we can do to help the problem NOW?

So if u can't crack down on it on orphan homes, tell me why sweat shops will be different?

Your the one proposing the"magic remedy" atm. "Help the problem NOW" Tends to require magic. Real solutions usually aren't easy.

The best solution to "there's an issue with the foster system" is to fix the foster system, not sweatshops, lal.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 12:47 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Facee
darth you don't belong here.

Yeah, he belongs in a sweatshop.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 03:43 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote