KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread

Worthy Tournament - Odds Thread
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Ok so we got our final 4 in.

LoB - Cyborg Supes.
Leo - Loki.
Super M - Silver Surfer
Id- Shaman X-Man

Um...so from a drafting point of view. This shit is fiercely competitive.

But the matchups are interesting.

LoB vs Loki: The result Shenanigans, some way in some form LoB will pull a scan of a Prego whopping on Loki. laughing

Id vs Super M: I am doing all the exposing *unzips.

thumb up

With the start point of 4:1 odds for all combatants, I see no reason to alter Surfer or Nate's odds. Both of you know your sh*t and have good drafts. Leo's still the 2nd most prolific tourney participant in KMC history, so LoB is the underdog (pun intended) but has the beast that is Cyborg Supes. 6:1, 3:1 adjustments for them, respectively, would probably approximate a Vegas line, if they were to be made.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 06:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm up for judging future matches.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

The one good thing that came out of this thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:23 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

LoB - Cyborg Supes.
Leo - Loki.
Super M - Silver Surfer
Id- Shaman X-Man

I still find it hilarious that the final 4 comes down to 4 completely distinctive characters who are often portrayed as the pinnacle of their respective category.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 08:50 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

On reflection, I'm thinking Dr Doom would have been an awesome pick.

Definitely the best odds of any herald character actually being able to absorb/become the mother storm.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 09:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

pretty sure that doom wouldn't have been given access to mother storm powers because he is not a 'thunder god' by tourney standards, but....i could be wrong. /shrug

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Doom still would have been an insanely tough out; definitely on par with the remaining four. But as it is, I don't think anyone's kicking themselves for not switching picks or drafting someone else.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2018 11:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh yeah--doom was someone i considered for a little bit then....just stopped thinking about for no real reason at all. lol i was lured by the irony of loki using the hammer methinks. but yeah, he'd have been deadly in this.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:34 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The number of times Loki has interacted with the hammer makes him underrated here, giving him feats no one else has access to. Doom may have also been a liability against Henshaw. It's hard to hack his armor, but no one's more hax in that department than Cyborg Supes. Might be a blessing neither of you selected Doom.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:40 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Real life responsibilities blows. Feel this is the last time I participate in a tournament.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 06:07 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Digi
The number of times Loki has interacted with the hammer makes him underrated here, giving him feats no one else has access to. Doom may have also been a liability against Henshaw. It's hard to hack his armor, but no one's more hax in that department than Cyborg Supes. Might be a blessing neither of you selected Doom.

He can’t be that underrated if you gave him the best tournament odds. confused

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 06:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

As much because of the strength of his past record than Loki alone. And Supermutant had the same odds. If I were looking at drafts alone, Surfer would probably be 1, Nate 2, Loki/Henshaw 3, though the gap between any of them is small.

But the comment was made in the context of the current discussion about Doom, who gets top billing (in the comics) more often than Loki. My underrated comment was mostly just making that comparison. I'd personally rather have Loki due to the circumstances of the tourney, but Doom would often be my preference in other formats.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 02:46 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh, their odds were also lower because they had the 3-way first round matchup, so all three were statistically more likely to advance by a significant margin. It's likely the odds gap would have disappeared with default 1-v-1 matches in R1.

Id with the fake news up there...smh

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 02:52 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

bada won't be pleased with you stealing his schtick.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 01:27 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Meh, the Raptor and I are on good terms. I can borrow schticks from time to time.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 03:00 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I feel like the next reference coming out of digi is labeling members as crooked-Leo.

Which is totally fine and fair when he speaks of Leo.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 05:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I feel you with the commitment to these things, Id. I hopped out of this one when I realized it wasn't a one-match free-for-all. My days in full scale tourneys are almost certainly over.

Originally posted by "Id"
I feel like the next reference coming out of digi is labeling members as crooked-Leo.

Which is totally fine and fair when he speaks of Leo.

thumb up

I'm always Fair and Balanced. Crooked Leo can't get any brownie points with his transparent pandering.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 06:48 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Don’t you miss the earlier days back in 2006 or 2007. When it was pure Chaos.

14 members would sign up.

Draft was first come first serve.

It didn’t matter what tier you drafted. With 3 picks and 5 min of prep ppl would bring out universal Wreckage.

A shit ton of drama.

Pure chaos

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:34 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

@Id (can't quote) - Yeahhh. I don't "miss" those days, per se, but they were great at the time. As a college kid (and eventually post-grad) with way too much free time, it was a wonderful clusterf*ck. But if those happened today, I would neither enter nor judge.

One time I commandeered...I think it was a massive, space-faring Gundam ship, that had planet destroying capabilities and advanced mechs in the hangars. Whoever I drafted was entirely pointless (it was a high meta tourney, iirc). My entire strategy was due to the battlefield. I knew f*ck all about Gundam, and spent about a week researching and asking questions on Gundam message boards just to pull that nonsense.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:15 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
I feel you with the commitment to these things, Id. I hopped out of this one when I realized it wasn't a one-match free-for-all. My days in full scale tourneys are almost certainly over.

thumb up

I'm always Fair and Balanced. Crooked Leo can't get any brownie points with his transparent pandering.

Transparent. Pfft. My pandering is extremely sly.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 12:11 AM