KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Education Levels of KMCers

Star Wars Education Levels of KMCers
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
They're not above you. A masters is a masters; you're all specialized in different areas. You're reclassified now; How am I supposed to know who's PMing you?

The way I see it:

PhD knows enough about SW; well rounded in all areas but also specialized. They are professors capable of educating the "advanced casual" star wars fan (e.g Stupendous Wave, Star Wars Theory)

Masters are also very specialized and can choose to educate at the college level; again meaning advanced casual SW fans, but only in their specialized area. Their knowledge in other areas is on the level of the "advanced casual" people they're teaching. If not college lecturers, they can serve as high-school teachers (high-schoolers are casual SW fans--have seen TCW and all movies, some reference books, but not in-depth literature) and educate all around.

Bachelors may have weak spots within the SW continuity where their knowledge is no greater than that of an average SW fan (e.g mine is ToR era), but it is balanced out by areas where they are specialized enough to match a PhD in their non-specialized area. Bachelors are like middle-school/elementary teachers. They educate the casual fans only.

Associates only have superficial specialization in a select area. They are not qualified to teach casual fans due to their lack of knowledge in too many areas (e.g Quanchi is specialized with Maul, Snoke, Kylo; but knows nothing about EU or canon literature)

Highschooler is a casual, mainstream, fan aka normie.

Anything less than that is someone who at some point had an interest in SW but never pursued it to "casual fan" level.

Even under that rubric, your list is still wrong.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:56 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ILS
If you can supply the rope, I don't mind kicking the chair, Kurk. Just let me know.

Savage.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Even under that rubric, your list is still wrong.
You do it then

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Your memes certainly are.

This statement makes no sense. . .

Did it ever ooze through your brain I do that because they are main-stream or because some moments in movies are more cringeworthy than video-games?

How can you even judge my education based on memes?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
This statement makes no sense. . .

Did it ever ooze through your brain I do that because they are main-stream or because some moments in movies are more cringeworthy than video-games?

How can you even judge my education based on memes?
I have not seen a single non-troll post from you until now, when you're getting butt-hurt over a nobody's opinion.

Simple as that.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This thread is cringier than most of what Nadd posts, ngl.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I have not seen a single non-troll post from you until now, when you're getting butt-hurt over a nobody's opinion.

Simple as that.

Your opinion sounds like facts, though. And the reason I troll is when someone posts something that is cringeworthy. And for sometime KMC has become cringeworthy.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 11:50 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Nephthys
This thread is cringier than most of what Nadd posts, ngl.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/59n1F7A8LTGM/giphy.gif

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 11:52 AM