KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The New Gods

The New Gods
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ava DuVernay New Gods rumored plot details:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: NEW GODS centers on Big Barda and Mister Miracle fleeing from Apokolips after falling in love while being pursued by the Female Furies. Orion makes an appearance. Highfather and Darkseid kept in the background as "mythical" figures. Big Barda is the main character and the whole movie revolves around her breaking away from the Furies after falling in love with Mister Miracle, who at this point is still a prisoner of Granny Goodness as part of the peace treaty.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:03 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

....Guh...That is what they did with the first Ghost Rider Movie...and that worked out SO WELL!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:07 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Mister Miracle is such an awful name

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:56 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Mister Miracle is such an awful name

Not if you go with the story line of him escaping to earth and becoming a Las Vegas Style Act.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 07:17 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Inhuman

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: NEW GODS centers on Big Barda and Mister Miracle fleeing from Apokolips after falling in love while being pursued by the Female Furies. Orion makes an appearance. Highfather and Darkseid kept in the background as "mythical" figures. Big Barda is the main character and the whole movie revolves around her breaking away from the Furies after falling in love with Mister Miracle, who at this point is still a prisoner of Granny Goodness as part of the peace treaty.

If done well, that could be good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 08:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Yeah, i'm all for that.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 12:09 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bring on weak Darkseid.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 01:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it even worth it for DC anymore to sink so much money into these products? Are they making a profit on these films anymore?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 03:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sounds good.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 03:47 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Wouldn't surprise me if Oprah plays Granny Goodness thumb up

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 04:25 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Oprah is a natural **** so it makes sense.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 05:42 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

sounds interesting...

Wouldn't surprise me if Oprah plays Granny Goodness thumb up

the film will bomb if she is cast

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Surtur
Is it even worth it for DC anymore to sink so much money into these products? Are they making a profit on these films anymore?

They all made profit, for the exception of JL. WW was the most profitable super hero film of that year.

Anyway, this could be good, if done right. Focusing on Scott and Barda is the way to go. I hope they have Orion in the story somehow.

Mister Miracle is easily the top 3 books of this year. If they have a Ton King type of flavor, id be down.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 01:16 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zack M
They all made profit, for the exception of JL. WW was the most profitable super hero film of that year.

Anyway, this could be good, if done right. Focusing on Scott and Barda is the way to go. I hope they have Orion in the story somehow.

Mister Miracle is easily the top 3 books of this year. If they have a Ton King type of flavor, id be down.
Dc was a huge failure thus far. Laughable save WW tbh.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 03:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

for the exception of JL.

Which was the whole point of the DCEU. So the Shared Universe concept has completely failed them.

Wonder Woman would have made the same as a stand alone outside of the DCEU. But at this point her success has been a blessing and a curse simply because shes the reason they couldnt simply reboot the Universe and start over.

Ironic though that was the one film you always claimed was a bad idea erm

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 03:52 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc was a huge failure thus far. Laughable save WW tbh.

Funny how you have to see a box office before you can make your mind up.

But then Shill Is as Shill Does.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 05:41 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Which was the whole point of the DCEU. So the Shared Universe concept has completely failed them.

Wonder Woman would have made the same as a stand alone outside of the DCEU. But at this point her success has been a blessing and a curse simply because shes the reason they couldnt simply reboot the Universe and start over.

Ironic though that was the one film you always claimed was a bad idea erm

It'll still survive. I'm looking forward to what they have planned, including New Gods.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 06:38 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I personally still have a hard time accepting DC somehow managed to turn JL into such a disappointing experience. This is literally merging franchise that were proven profitable over decades all over different media.

It's weird to think they'd probably better off releasing a Metal Men film at this point.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 07:34 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If only they had more polar bears and giant spiders....

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 08:07 AM
Darth Thor

It'll still survive. I'm looking forward to what they have planned, including New Gods.

So surviving is the goal now? Lol

Im looking forward to Shazam. I should have been really looking forward to the Flash film, but they have totally messed that up. From the casting, character portrayal, to the zig zagging around unearned Flashpoint nonsense.

So there are some things to look forward to but They have a Ton of house clearing to do as well.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 10:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote