KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cosmic Spider-man Vs Sinestro

Cosmic Spider-man Vs Sinestro
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Cosmic Spider-man Vs Sinestro

(please log in to view the image)

Pictured versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 03:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Spiderman..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:34 AM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What did SM do?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:34 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

I am fairly certain it's Captain Universe (correct me if I am wrong) Spiderman. So his powers would be to counter the yellow lantern ring and beat Sinestro. If not Captain Unoverse Spiderman, I say Spiderman still..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:42 AM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He didn't do much, IIRC.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Have not read much about him, but the powers it grants it's "host" would be the power to beat a lantern ring if he fought a lantern user.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:45 AM
Senor Cage

He didn't have it for long, so I'll go with Sinestro, based on feats.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:46 AM
Byond

Doesn't matter how long he had it as his powers when he did is above Sinestro.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:53 AM
Senor Cage

Agree to disagree. I go by feats, not implied power.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:00 AM
Byond

So what makes Captain Universe Spiderman below Sinestro, a Green Lantern level character (slightly more powerful than the top lanterns)?

The fact is that Captain Universes power grant's its wearer the power he/she needs to beat the enemy. No mater the host, the powee still apply.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:13 AM
Senor Cage

Not seeing it, TBH.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:15 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Byond
So what makes Captain Universe Spiderman below Sinestro, a Green Lantern level character (slightly more powerful than the top lanterns)?

The fact is that Captain Universes power grant's its wearer the power he/she needs to beat the enemy. No mater the host, the powee still apply.

Agreed. The Unipower uses the best methods to win the fight, like against Blaastar here for example

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Dying is the best way to win. Of course.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:57 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

This is Sinestro with just the Yellow Ring right? No Parallax or outside amp? If so, IMHO, Spider-man wins.

The Unipower amped his strength to ridiculous levels and he'd shatter the ring's constructs and shields and put Sinestro down. He vaporized the Tri-Sentinel, punched Grey Hulk into orbit, he effortlessly lifted a garbage barge weighing hundreds of tons, he shattered Quasar's quantum constructs despite Quasar's best efforts to reinforce them, etc...

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:50 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by zopzop
This is Sinestro with just the Yellow Ring right? No Parallax or outside amp? If so, IMHO, Spider-man wins.

The Unipower amped his strength to ridiculous levels and he'd shatter the ring's constructs and shields and put Sinestro down. He vaporized the Tri-Sentinel, punched Grey Hulk into orbit, he effortlessly lifted a garbage barge weighing hundreds of tons, he shattered Quasar's quantum constructs despite Quasar's best efforts to reinforce them, etc...
Those feats don't simply seem like enough though. And Quasar was a little piece of shit back then. It doesn't carry as much weight as Quasar later on. That was issue 7 of Quasars run.

I firmly believe to get a full measure of the Uni-Power against heralds you need to average out every feat minus the ones where people already have vast powers. Because any one avatar simply lacks in that department. Rann has probably had it the longest and you'd be assed to find anything too helpful there.
And only considering Spider-Man's portrayal only leaves you the aftertaste of a no limits fallacy. He might not have had the greatest feats, but he also really didn't have low feats. Where do you build from there? Just ignore the other hosts entirely?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:16 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sinestro wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by One Big Mob
And only considering Spider-Man's portrayal only leaves you the aftertaste of a no limits fallacy. He might not have had the greatest feats, but he also really didn't have low feats. Where do you build from there? Just ignore the other hosts entirely?

The other hosts aren't in this thread though. Only Spider-Man is. He had some interesting showings with the Unipower and the majority of it was good. He even had matter manipulation feats. All this and he wasn't even using it to it's full potential because the process to transfer it to him was interrupted somehow (I forget how but it was mentioned in the Tri-Sentinel issue).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:28 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by zopzop
The other hosts aren't in this thread though. Only Spider-Man is. He had some interesting showings with the Unipower and the majority of it was good. He even had matter manipulation feats. All this and he wasn't even using it to it's full potential because the process to transfer it to him was interrupted somehow (I forget how but it was mentioned in the Tri-Sentinel issue).
And that's my point.

"All this and he wasn't even using it to his full potential"

Yes I know he had some decent feats. But he had nothing to say he could beat Sinestro and nothing to say he'd lose against Sinestro either besides a lack of feats. Captain Universes aren't around enough to get a full measure of the power, which is my point. They'd be a lot better if you just cobbled everything together for better or worse.

Cosmic Spider-Man has always been a big benefactor in this as "We don't even know his limits", but I guarantee you'd try to Zop me if I brought up a limitation of another user in one form or another.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:59 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Cosmic Spider-Man has always been a big benefactor in this as "We don't even know his limits", but I guarantee you'd try to Zop me if I brought up a limitation of another user in one form or another.

Nah, I realize that various CU hosts are all over the place showings wise. It's just that CU SM was one of the better ones and IMHO could take Sinestro.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:04 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Well it's like that old saying
"Lick my asscheeks Zopzop."

People have their own opinions, but I believe this ancient saying has carried itself well over the centuries and will continue on indefinitely.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:09 PM