KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How did the Sith counter dark-side related physical degradation?

How did the Sith counter dark-side related physical degradation?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did the Sith counter dark-side related physical degradation?

I ask because I'm noticing that my health is beginning to fail and it's only been two years since I've emerged myself in the teachings of the Sith.

People close to me have noticed that my overall profile has grown darker, my facial features sharper, etc. I don't mind that, but hand tremors, chronic digestive problems, possible mental degradation, random pangs, etc are all unacceptable sacrifices for the power-boosts afforded by the dark-side.

Tell me, have there been any Sith who have developed cancer? You would think that it has a high prevalence among them.

Like Dooku and Exar Kun, I thought I could use my negative emotions controllably in conjunction with the light, and just like those before me, I failed; now nearly consumed. Raven is the only one who has a chance of pulling me from the darkness now, as her ability to resist the temptations of Satan, despite being his daughter, is very inspirational.

Perhaps Azronger can tell me more about the order of the Sheevites as it pertains to the real world. Immortality can be achieved through biochemistry research; it's one of the few reasons why I haven't dropped out of college yet. I am also studying Comp Sci in order to develop a better understanding of automation and artificial intelligence.

If all the stars line up, I foresee a future where a select few of immortal elitist human beings can begin eliminating the simple-minded through automation-induced job loss. Those who cannot handle the high-level math and problem solving will become extinct. The tentative end goal is for AI to surpass even the smartest, elitist humans and wipe them out.

Whether or not that future includes me, I don't care. Like Darth Bane, laying the foundation is the most important thing at this point, not being a member of the smartest, elitist humans. I was born to peasant parents, but through the power of self-discipline, motivation, and self-education, I have managed to contend with those who naturally have a higher intelligence aptitude than me. Unfortunately, like I said, it has taken a physical toll on me and time is running out for me to fulfill the prophecy of the Sith'ari (or maybe Jensaarai).

I acknowledge that this is poorly written, but I'm literally just rambling out the first things to come to my mind.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Gay.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:49 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Darth Zash used Sorcery to hide her true features and so did Palpatine.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 05:15 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
Darth Zash used Sorcery to hide her true features and so did Palpatine.
That's superficial shit. I'm actually an adapt user of the Quey'tek meditation technique myself (I've been described as being similar to Gustavo Fring by a close friend), but that's to mask a force signature, not stop the actual decay.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

There's no known way to ward it off forever; even Palpatine had to transfer his essence. The closest one has gotten is probably via midichlorian manipulation.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:58 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
There's no known way to ward it off forever; even Palpatine had to transfer his essence. The closest one has gotten is probably via midichlorian manipulation.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:24 AM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Kurk

You can learn it from me.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Ellimist
There's no known way to ward it off forever; even Palpatine had to transfer his essence. The closest one has gotten is probably via midi-chlorian manipulation.

Life-Drain.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Re: How did the Sith counter dark-side related physical degradation?

I ask because I'm noticing that my health is beginning to fail and it's only been two years since I've emerged myself in the teachings of the Sith.

People close to me have noticed that my overall profile has grown darker, my facial features sharper, etc. I don't mind that, but hand tremors, chronic digestive problems, possible mental degradation, random pangs, etc are all unacceptable sacrifices for the power-boosts afforded by the dark-side.

Tell me, have there been any Sith who have developed cancer? You would think that it has a high prevalence among them.

Like Dooku and Exar Kun, I thought I could use my negative emotions controllably in conjunction with the light, and just like those before me, I failed; now nearly consumed. Raven is the only one who has a chance of pulling me from the darkness now, as her ability to resist the temptations of Satan, despite being his daughter, is very inspirational.

Perhaps Azronger can tell me more about the order of the Sheevites as it pertains to the real world. Immortality can be achieved through biochemistry research; it's one of the few reasons why I haven't dropped out of college yet. I am also studying Comp Sci in order to develop a better understanding of automation and artificial intelligence.

If all the stars line up, I foresee a future where a select few of immortal elitist human beings can begin eliminating the simple-minded through automation-induced job loss. Those who cannot handle the high-level math and problem solving will become extinct. The tentative end goal is for AI to surpass even the smartest, elitist humans and wipe them out.

Whether or not that future includes me, I don't care. Like Darth Bane, laying the foundation is the most important thing at this point, not being a member of the smartest, elitist humans. I was born to peasant parents, but through the power of self-discipline, motivation, and self-education, I have managed to contend with those who naturally have a higher intelligence aptitude than me. Unfortunately, like I said, it has taken a physical toll on me and time is running out for me to fulfill the prophecy of the Sith'ari (or maybe Jensaarai).

I acknowledge that this is poorly written, but I'm literally just rambling out the first things to come to my mind.

https://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gi...-who-591171.gif

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:03 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh, you're a chuuni. Got it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh, you're a chuuni. Got it.

"a derrogative colloquial term in the Japanese language used to describe a person which manifests delusional behavior, particularly thinking that one has special powers that no other person has."

I mean not really. Define delusional. I just like to have fun in my mind. I'm kinda like Chirrut Imwe. Believing in the force is my only "religion" so to speak, and it helps me get through some shit. I'm not a Latter Day Saint or anything lol.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:13 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"a derrogative colloquial term in the Japanese language used to describe a person which manifests delusional behavior, particularly thinking that one has special powers that no other person has."

I mean not really. Define delusional. I just like to have fun in my mind. I'm kinda like Chirrut Imwe. Believing in the force is my only "religion" so to speak, and it helps me get through some shit. I'm not a Latter Day Saint or anything lol.

is this u tho

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this u tho
I don't watch anime so idk wtf that means.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:20 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Next time you try to use the Force you should call out 'Judgement Knights of Thunder!' to awaken the true dark power sealed within you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:36 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Next time you try to use the Force you should call out 'Judgement Knights of Thunder!' to awaken the true dark power sealed within you.
Nah, usually I howl out in lascivious pain

Joking aside, I have actually used "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" as a mantra.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:47 AM
Freedon Nadd

https://youtu.be/t8eHJBoWOTg

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:50 AM
Freedon Nadd

Nah, usually I howl out in lascivious pain

Joking aside, I have actually used "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" as a mantra.

Raven's line sounds like some Sith spell.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:50 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Re: How did the Sith counter dark-side related physical degradation?

Immortality can be achieved through biochemistry research; it's one of the few reasons why I haven't dropped out of college yet. I am also studying Comp Sci in order to develop a better understanding of automation and artificial intelligence.

IMHO one of the great mysteries of the future will be the race between AGI, genetic engineering, dysgenics, climate change, and a few other things. Which will win?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 06:05 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 06:06 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Tenebrae countered his via Sith Sorcery. In-fact, he was in the position to prolong his life for indefinite period much like The Ones but external threats forced him to reconsider his decision. He abandoned his corporeal existence for VOICES.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 3rd, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote