KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who would have the more difficult fight?

Who would have the more difficult fight?
Started by: gauntlet o doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gauntlet o doom

Who would have the more difficult fight?

Who would have the more difficult fight between Thor, Dr Strange & Superman?

Classic Thor vs Odin
Classic Dr Strange vs Dormammu
Classic Post-Crisis versions: Superman vs Darkseid

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:20 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Who would have the more difficult fight?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom

Classic Thor vs Odin

Not sure if the "Classic" designation is only meant to apply to Thor or to Thor and Odin both. Not sure if there's any version of Odin that would NOT completely merc his son if he ever seriously intended to hurt him.

Only thing I can think of that suggests Thor could put up noticeable true resistance to his father is an admirable showing against Marvel Zeus back in the day, largely mitigated because Odin could even deprive Thor of his hammer, Mjolnir, if Odin wished.

As a much younger reader, who stumbled upon a "What If...?" comic by Marvel where Rogue was granted the power of Thor and presented as a legitimate threat to Odin, I thought Thor might be a somewhat even match for his father. Now I know "Grim and Ganglari" means Papa Smurf is no joke ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:27 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Thor has the potential to surpass Odin, as stated by Odin himself. But Thor get's uberstomped still.

Strange is arguably equal to Dormy..

Superman lose more brutally than Strange would be by Dormy.

Strange and Dormy is closer than most people think and the most powerful here..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:59 AM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Byond
Thor has the potential to surpass Odin, as stated by Odin himself. But Thor get's uberstomped still.

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:34 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Have you read any Strange comics in his more prominent years? He was a universal threat, more so than Darkseid and Superman was.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:07 PM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Have you read any Strange comics in his more prominent years? He was a universal threat, more so than Darkseid and Superman was.

Why yes, I have. Bran has too.

Lulz at Strange being universal power.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:05 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

What? Strange is nowhere near equal to Dorm. He does well against him because factors in a lot of issues, but he's also has his ass end blown right the **** out a few times straight up.

The fact that you contrast their levels as closer than Supes Darkseid is odd, especially when you choose to, or seem to only want to use direct comparisons to build this point.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:44 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Has darksied ever just straight up beat the shit outta Clark?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:09 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Has darksied ever just straight up beat the shit outta Clark?

Not really...

Https://static.comicvine.com/upload... /> r_super.jpg

Superman recovered pretty quick after that.

He's omega beamed him before though.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:15 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Originally posted by One Big Mob
What? Strange is nowhere near equal to Dorm. He does well against him because factors in a lot of issues, but he's also has his ass end blown right the **** out a few times straight up.

The fact that you contrast their levels as closer than Supes Darkseid is odd, especially when you choose to, or seem to only want to use direct comparisons to build this point.

His early days he was op AF. In recent decades he isn't at the level he was, but he was at Dormy's powers when his powers was first established. He has been nerfed to the ground ever since they found him too over powered.

I was just pointing out that Strange and Dormy was at 1 point in time equals when it comes to classic Strange's powers.

Last edited by Byond on Mar 20th, 2018 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:45 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

His early days he was op AF. In recent decades he isn't at the level he was, but he was at Dormy's powers when his powers was first established. He has been nerfed to the ground ever since they found him too over powered.

I was just pointing out that Strange and Dormy was at 1 point in time equals when it comes to classic Strange's powers.
No he wasn't. Even his best feats from before the time when his Sanctum was ransacked and books were burned and artifacts stolen aren't anything special. If anything he had better feats after that. Because that's how comics work, they forget important details and carry on. The only time he is portrayed as actually weaker than another timeframe is when he is missing an important piece of equipment or otherwise stated to be weakened. Otherwise Strange is fairly consistent.

Even in a state without his cape he was doing extremely well against the New Avengers in 2009-2010 I believe. Something previously you would have had an extremely hard time proving using comics without that exact showing. A couple months ago he absorbed an entire dimensions energy if what people are telling me is accurate. I would look at his actual history as I don't think I've paid attention to him since Long Pig was around but I really don't think you're worth the effort for me to fact check shit like this. No offense intended, but come on.

If anything his power would only grow over time due to new knowledge and spells, and sometimes it shows. Practice makes perfect afterall and magic isn't exactly like power levels. Hell Doom is now Strange level or above due to that factor.

That being said, no, he's never been Dorm level of his own merits. He's had extremely good showings against him mind you, but he's never been at that full Dorm level without extreme context.

But let's stop beating around the cock bush. Post these Classic Dr Strange feats and Dorm examples, or even vague descriptions of the events and I will explain them in detail. Give me a reason to look at the comics beside just firing shit off I haven't looked at for literal years. Tell me why you feel this way with examples from the comics.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:06 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Who would have the more difficult fight?

Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
Who would have the more difficult fight between Thor, Dr Strange & Superman?

Classic Thor vs Odin
Classic Dr Strange vs Dormammu
Classic Post-Crisis versions: Superman vs Darkseid

I'd say Thor, KMCer.
As a son one wants to surpass, but to do that you have to knock your childhood hero off a pedestal you yourself built for him.
As a father you want your son to achieve, but must come to terms that means having to step aside and watch him do so.

Either way there will be tears.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 09:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote