KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs Superman

Captain America vs Superman
Started by: gauntlet o doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gauntlet o doom

Smile Captain America vs Superman

Captain America is given the same flight, durability, strength and speed as Superman, however he will lack X-Ray Vision, Freeze Breath and the other exotic powers Superman only-sometimes uses. But he keeps his shield. How will he do if he fights Superman?

1. Comic versions
2. MCU vs DCEU versions

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:48 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Does he get any time to train with his new powers?

If he does, he owns Superman in both scenarios.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:34 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Captain America in both scenarios (obviously assuming he knows how to use the powers otherwise he will be smashing through mountains like DCEU Superman at the beginning of Man Of Steel).

Steve wins both for the same reason that Superman defeated Wraith (a more powerful alien being with powers similar to his, just at a greater level, in Superman Unleashed ...a good read). In that story, Superman defeated Wraith at one point hand to hand, stating that he (Superman) often had to fight more powerful foes with no backup support, while Wraith always relied on just his powers and anyways had the full might of the US military behind him (Wraith was the secret weapon for the US military, and was allegedly what caused either the Hiroshima or Nagasaki blast in WW2).

Steve would defeat Superman for ironically the same reasons. Steve is used to fighting more powerful opponents, and has adapted his skills and fighting abilities towards that. Giving him the strength, speed, invulnerability etc of Superman would basically result in ...a Black Adam type character with the fighting abilities of Batman.

Superman dies.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:57 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Steve beats Superman relatively easy if he has learned to control his powers.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:29 AM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Captain America vs Superman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
Captain America is given the same flight, durability, strength and speed as Superman, however he will lack X-Ray Vision, Freeze Breath and the other exotic powers Superman only-sometimes uses. But he keeps his shield. How will he do if he fights Superman?

1. Comic versions
2. MCU vs DCEU versions

If Cap is competent in the use of his powers (and he should be, otherwise the thread premise is basically a character incompetent in the use of unfamiliar powers vs one of the most powerful characters in comics, and i doubt you'd do that), then i believe he wins, KMCer.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Byond
Steve beats Superman relatively easy if he has learned to control his powers.

No, he wouldn't.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:37 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Given that they have equaled everything for the 2, yes he would.

Steve would beat Batman in a h2h fight. He would stalemate WW if their stats were equaled in a h2h fight.

Wonder Woman and Batman is both above Superman in fighting ability. And Captain America's tenacity and strong will is greater than Superman's.

You really are sucking Superman's dick.. but then again, that is what every fanboy of any character does. So I am not surprised.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:57 PM
Byond is currently offline Click here to Send Byond a Private Message Find more posts by Byond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

They haven't equalled though, just pointing out.

Supes still has freeze breath and HV, for example.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Superman sundips for the sh_t stomp thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:34 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

If Supes can sundip to become stronger and Steve can't, it wouldn't be fair. Also, I doubt that HV and FB would be a decider in the fight.

This all comes down to what the OP really want the battle rules to be. Can Superman sundip to become stronger? And can Steve also sundip to increase his strength to become stronger? Too vague fight description imo. Should have been more precise about that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:43 PM
DarkSaint85

The FB was strong enough to stop Bizarro.

Who is at least on the same level, if not stronger.

And if we're going the powerset route, being incapacitated for even a split second is an age to someone like Supes.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:45 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

If Supes can sundip to become stronger and Steve can't, it wouldn't be fair. Also, I doubt that HV and FB would be a decider in the fight.

This all comes down to what the OP really want the battle rules to be. Can Superman sundip to become stronger? And can Steve also sundip to increase his strength to become stronger? Too vague fight description imo. Should have been more precise about that.

More explicit? You get clearcut the powerset he gets and that he doesn't get further powers. Steve gets punked hard.

And T.Voed to death thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

Do you forget that in this fight, Steve have the same physical abilities as Superman. I would assume with speed he means that he can do anything Superman can with his speed. So their perception of things should be equalized.

FB wouldn't really matter for Steve since you know, he can and will avoid it when Superman uses it. And HV would also be useless against Steve because he can block it with his shield. This will come down to a h2h fight (and if Superman isn't allowed to sundip), Steve would beat Clark.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:51 PM
Byond

Originally posted by Bentley
More explicit? You get clearcut the powerset he gets and that he doesn't get further powers. Steve gets punked hard.

And T.Voed to death thumb up

The OP really should not allow Sundip, and if he does, Steve should also get it. Because otherwise it's just an unfair fight. And it would all be a pointless thread.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:52 PM
DarkSaint85

Yes, their perceptions are the same.

That's not what I meant, lol.

It means that a milisecond (for example) would be ages for BOTH of them.

Except Steve once more is trapped in ice. Even if it only traps him for a milisecond, that's ages.

To both of them.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:54 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes, their perceptions are the same.

That's not what I meant, lol.

It means that a milisecond (for example) would be ages for BOTH of them.

Except Steve once more is trapped in ice. Even if it only traps him for a milisecond, that's ages.

To both of them.
but can Supes actually hit him with his ice breath?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:00 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm assuming with equalised stats, they'll be like you and I in a fight.

And I sure as hell will not only blow all over you first chance I get, but I reckon I will succeed too thumb up

Because equalised stats. You're not gonna be faster or slower than mem. We'll be the same, except I have long range attacks and you don't.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Given that they have equaled everything for the 2, yes he would.

Steve would beat Batman in a h2h fight. He would stalemate WW if their stats were equaled in a h2h fight.

Wonder Woman and Batman is both above Superman in fighting ability. And Captain America's tenacity and strong will is greater than Superman's.

You really are sucking Superman's dick.. but then again, that is what every fanboy of any character does. So I am not surprised.

Superman would destroy Cap with HV and far superior knowledge of fighting at such levels.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Byond

If Steve have learned to utilize his powers to the fullest, and Superman doesn't sundip to increase his speed and strength and durability, Steve would win simply because he is a better and smarter fighter than Superman. If Superman is allowed to sundip,, and Steve have not learned to control the powers he have, he would most certainly win. HV would do jack shit since Cap have his shield. As for FB, wouldn't really matter as Steve can avoid it due to his increased speed.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:20 PM
DarkSaint85

If Steve have learned to utilize his powers to the fullest, and Superman doesn't sundip to increase his speed and strength and durability, Steve would win simply because he is a better and smarter fighter than Superman. If Superman is allowed to sundip, he would most certainly win. HV would do jack shit since Cap have his shield. As for FB, wouldn't really matter as Steve can avoid it due to his increased speed.

But avoiding it implies he's faster than Superman.

But he's not. He's the same speed.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 03:21 PM