KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Sinking City

The Sinking City
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Sinking City

quote:
The Sinking City is a game of investigation and mystery taking place in a fictional open world inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft

The player steps into the shoes of a 1920s private investigator who finds himself in the city of Oakmont Massachusetts, New England. A city suffering from unprecedented floods of clearly supernatural origins. A city trembling on the brink of madness.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:54 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've been following this game for years at this point. I'll eat up anything Lovecraft.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 07:24 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

They put out a teaser and this will be showcased at E3. I cant wait to see what they have in store. I want to see some real terrifying horror elements.

PWNT

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:10 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Super cool idea I'm in

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:54 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

What a badass trailer.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 01:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game is out next week, Hope it ends up being good.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 09:24 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
This game is out next week, Hope it ends up being good.
Holy crap already? I've been actually following this and I'm still being taken by surprise. I hope they advertise better this coming week.

Fingers crossed for some good 3rd person horror.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 05:25 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Damn....

looks like its a dud for some sites

3/10 Gamespot
64% Metacritic
66% PC Gamer

meanwhile IGN gave it a 7.8/10

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 02:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Polygon reviewed saying the investigations resemble real detective work but going through the city a ****ing slog.

I was intrigued by the idea of investigations but it would be ruined by the reviewer explains about navigation. If I have to take 15 minutes of meaningless travel to interview somebody 3-4 times...it zaps all fun out of it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 02:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've watched some of this on a youtube channel.. the game looks okay

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The Stinking City, more like.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 04:00 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Polygon reviewed saying the investigations resemble real detective work but going through the city a ****ing slog.

I was intrigued by the idea of investigations but it would be ruined by the reviewer explains about navigation. If I have to take 15 minutes of meaningless travel to interview somebody 3-4 times...it zaps all fun out of it.

I was hoping the game was going to be good.....oh well.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 04:08 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 08:31 AM
Arachnid1

Yeah, I hear it's a bit rough technically. Lore/story wise and dialogue wise I've heard good things though. I also here the "detective" aspect is well done. It's exactly what I expected from an indy title, so I'll still give it a go. At least it turned out better than Call of Cthulhu.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 05:40 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alot of the glitches/bugs i'm sure will be fixed up with a patch.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2019 02:14 AM