KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most disturbing content in films

Most disturbing content in films
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Most disturbing content in films

Films like Creep take the audience into the mind of a sociopath as he worms his way into his victims life, and movies like The Exorcist, Last Tango in Paris, Cannibal holocaust were all controversial movies for their time. But what are some films you’ve seen that you’re curious how they got released. Movies with subject matter so grotesque or troubling that you wondered, what audience it was aimed for? Was it a box office bomb or a low budget indie film?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:11 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

To this day the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a film was in a movie called the girl next door (no not the Elisha Curthbert film), wasn't a controversial film at all. Basically through out the film a teenage girl is tortured by her very religous aunt and her sons, that was disturbing enough...BUT then came a part in the film that to this day stops me watching it. The aunt takes a blow torch to the teenage girls vagina, you don't see the damage the blow torch does but you do see it happening.

Stephen King said about the film, "The first authentically shocking American film I've seen since Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer over 20 years ago. If you are easily disturbed, you should not watch this movie. If, on the other hand, you are prepared for a long look into hell, suburban style, The Girl Next Door will not disappoint. This is the dark-side-of-the-moon version of Stand by Me."

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:37 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Irreversible (2002) is pretty f*cked up; not something I'd watch again

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Salo
Audition
Grotesque

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's hard to find movie content controversial or disturbing after you've seen real Mexican cartel videos of guys being skinned alive and young kids getting their limbs and heads cut off. Or ISIS slow motion videos of people getting shot in the faces with shotguns or burned alive.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:48 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
To this day the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a film was in a movie called the girl next door (no not the Elisha Curthbert film), wasn't a controversial film at all. Basically through out the film a teenage girl is tortured by her very religous aunt and her sons, that was disturbing enough...BUT then came a part in the film that to this day stops me watching it. The aunt takes a blow torch to the teenage girls vagina, you don't see the damage the blow torch does but you do see it happening.

Stephen King said about the film, "The first authentically shocking American film I've seen since Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer over 20 years ago. If you are easily disturbed, you should not watch this movie. If, on the other hand, you are prepared for a long look into hell, suburban style, The Girl Next Door will not disappoint. This is the dark-side-of-the-moon version of Stand by Me."

Most disturbing thing about this movie is that it was (loosely) based on a true story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sylvia_Likens

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 05:51 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
It's hard to find movie content controversial or disturbing after you've seen real Mexican cartel videos of guys being skinned alive and young kids getting their limbs and heads cut off. Or ISIS slow motion videos of people getting shot in the faces with shotguns or burned alive.

Something I simply won't watch, especially violence to do with children.

Still recall way back when I was new and naive to the internet I watched the video of the Soviet soldier having his throat slowly cut and then left to bleed out by the Taliban. I thought it was fake/SFX at first and then realized that shit was real. Wish I could un-see that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Most disturbing thing about this movie is that it was (loosely) based on a true story.

Yup I know, Ellen Paige was in the movie that was properly based on it

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:10 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nibedicus

****ing hell. Always a bit shocked and amazed with stories like this, where it's clear lots of people knew but still it continued to happen.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:13 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Something I simply won't watch, especially violence to do with children.

Still recall way back when I was new and naive to the internet I watched the video of the Soviet soldier having his throat slowly cut and then left to bleed out by the Taliban. I thought it was fake/SFX at first and then realized that shit was real. Wish I could un-see that.

Its so much worse now. The cartels arguably inflict the most sadistic violence. The ones of flayings are insanely disturbing. The ISIS ones have slow motion, 4k multiple angles and high production values so the gore is extremely brutal but almost feels like a movie so even though its real it feels less so than the cartel ones. There's one where they've skinned a guy's face off and his blood covered skull is screaming as they slowly cut his head off with a box cutter. He tries to shield his face but they already chopped his hands off. There's one where they peel all the skin and muscles off a guy's chest and stomach so his bowels start bulging out. He's still alive and moving when they eventually cut his rib cage open and rip his heart out.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:08 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nuke the cartels.

Here's a list of the most disturbing/unsettling films I've ever seen, several of which have already been mentioned.

Salo, Irreversible, Antichrist, A Serbian Film, Audition, 12 Years a Slave, Come and See, August Underground series, Cannibal Holocaust, Cutting Moments, Aftermath, Megan is Missing, Happiness, Several movies in the Guinea Pig series - A Flower of Flesh and blood, Devil's Experiment and Mermaid in the Manhole - Martyrs, Freaks, Men Behind the Sun, Man Bites Dog, Visitor Q and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer,

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Nuke the cartels.

Here's a list of the most disturbing/unsettling films I've ever seen, several of which have already been mentioned.

Salo, Irreversible, Antichrist, A Serbian Film, Audition, 12 Years a Slave, Come and See, August Underground series, Cannibal Holocaust, Cutting Moments, Aftermath, Megan is Missing, Happiness, Several movies in the Guinea Pig series - A Flower of Flesh and blood, Devil's Experiment and Mermaid in the Manhole - Martyrs, Freaks, Men Behind the Sun, Man Bites Dog, Visitor Q and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer,

Ever seen Grotesque?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:44 PM
BackFire

I don't believe so. Should I?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hilarious Japanese torture movie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotesque_(2009_film)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:47 PM
BackFire

Downloading now.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:48 PM
BackFire

Oh I forgot to mention Bone Tomahawk. There's one scene in that that's really shocking and horrific. Overall solid movie, too.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:50 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah that Bone Tomahawk scene was awesome.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:52 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by BackFire
Oh I forgot to mention Bone Tomahawk. There's one scene in that that's really shocking and horrific. Overall solid movie, too.

You mean the guy who gets scalped and cut in half right down the middle?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:59 PM
BackFire

Well, I didn't want to spoil the magnificence of the scene, but yes.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:08 PM
steverules_2

Doesn't spoil it at all IMO, I watched it just cause I knew that scene was in there and didn't take away from it at all

I'd post the scene if I could, it's on youtube, but this site has a rating

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:20 PM