KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Fox News contributor quits in disgust

Fox News contributor quits in disgust
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Fox News contributor quits in disgust

http://uk.businessinsider.com/ralph...3?r=US&IR=T

Full letter of resignation:

quote:
On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 08:48 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yet CNN reporters wallow in their own shitty lies and degrading values but have no prob with it.

Oh well.. Who give a shit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 09:23 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Fox News contributor quits in disgust

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://uk.businessinsider.com/ralph...3?r=US&IR=T

Full letter of resignation:
Fascinating and brave.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:29 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

LHM, y'all don't know who this guy is do you? He was the most staunch anti Trumper there was. The guy was literally seething with hate for Trump. Good riddance.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:55 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
LHM, y'all don't know who this guy is do you? He was the most staunch anti Trumper there was. The guy was literally seething with hate for Trump. Good riddance.

LOL yep, this is the guy who called Tucker Carlson a nazi.

But hey, he bashed FOX, so...they gotta pounce(lefties gotta left, just like players gotta play)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

unhinged.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:12 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

unhinged.

It is strange to be against working with Russia to fight ISIS. Imagine if people had that attitude about Russia during WW2.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder why Obama was never able to defeat ISIS.

Remember the grand coalition, the one that was just the US doing something (barley)

Trump gets in office a year later, and ISIS caliphate is non existent.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:29 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

unhinged.

he makes sense. tucker carlson is an idiot. russia is not our ally

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:29 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Small minds dont understand the term "The enemy of our enemy.."

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:34 PM
dadudemon

When the letter got to this part:

quote:
I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. More self-righteous grandstanding and bullshittery from someone with a clear political bias.

Replace Fox with CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, New York Times, etc. This is not specific to Fox. This is why I see this as clearly a political grandstand.

If he had said anything at all about Mass Media being this cesspool instead of singling out just Fox News, I'd applaud him.

Likely, he will join another team that will have the same exact issues he outlined about Fox. Meaning, he's just a blowhard and a hypocrite making a political statement in the public forum as part of his application and interview process with another organization. Who wants to take bets that it is an organization that is very clearly anti-Trump?

Someone revive this thread from the dead when he goes to work for another news org. Quote my post and tell me I'm right about this douche-nozzle.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon

I groaned and rolled my eyes. More self-righteous grandstanding and bullshittery from someone with a clear political bias.

Replace Fox with CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, New York Times, etc. This is not specific to Fox. This is why I see this as clearly a political grandstand.

If he had said anything at all about Mass Media being this cesspool instead of singling out just Fox News, I'd applaud him.

Likely, he will join another team that will have the same exact issues he outlined about Fox. Meaning, he's just a blowhard and a hypocrite making a political statement in the public forum as part of his application and interview process with another organization. Who wants to take bets that it is an organization that is very clearly anti-Trump?

Someone revive this thread from the dead when he goes to work for another news org. Quote my post and tell me I'm right about this douche-nozzle.

thumb up

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and longtime Fox News analyst Ralph Peters recently severed ties with the network, which he accused on Tuesday of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

smile

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sin I AM
he makes sense. tucker carlson is an idiot. russia is not our ally

Exactly. Doesn't mean we can't work alongside Russia in given conditions and for certain reason, but an 'ally', they are not. Should never confuse being able to work alongside and even sharing goals with another country with being an ally. eg The UK is an ally, Canada is an ally, Japan is an ally.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 21st, 2018 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Robtard
Retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and longtime Fox News analyst Ralph Peters recently severed ties with the network, which he accused on Tuesday of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

smile

A totally ridiculous statement, almost as ridiculous as believing that Fox is a news channel.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:35 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Small minds dont understand the term "The enemy of our enemy.."

dont be a pussy. innuendo is for the weak.

Exactly. Doesn't mean we can't work alongside Russia in given conditions and for certain reason, but an 'ally', they are not. Should never confuse being able to work alongside and even sharing goals with another country with being an ally. eg The UK is an ally, Canada is an ally, Japan is an ally.

imo the states should sever all ties with Russia. even if it appears so we share no common goals

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:52 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sin I AM

imo the states should sever all ties with Russia. even if it appears so we share no common goals

That could be a geopolitical mess, Russia is still a major player on the world stage and keeping an open channel is needed, imo. Doesn't mean our POTUS should lick Putin's asscrack and throw American under the bus in his defense, but a relationship should be had.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon

Bingo.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:02 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

How is Fox news harming our government? It's CNN who launches a 24/7 campaign to discredit and de legitmamize this presidency.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:08 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

That could be a geopolitical mess, Russia is still a major player on the world stage and keeping an open channel is needed, imo. Doesn't mean our POTUS should lick Putin's asscrack and throw American under the bus in his defense, but a relationship should be had.

maybe. you either deal with terrorists or not. cant have it both ways

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:28 PM