KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer or Mjlonir

Surfer or Mjlonir
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Surfer or Mjlonir

Is Surfer more durable than Mjlonir? The debate is, the Sun destroyed Mjlonir but Surfer has flown through Stars. Is Surfer durability greater than that of Mjlonir.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

Mjolnir obviously.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:11 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

They're both pretty shit, but SS is about 1000x more durable.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Your mom is more durable than both, carv.

Serious answer? Mjolnir, no contest.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Is Surfer more durable than Mjlonir? The debate is, the Sun destroyed Mjlonir but Surfer has flown through Stars. Is Surfer durability greater than that of Mjlonir.

stop

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:19 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Mjolnir, KMCer.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 09:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Mjölnir is more durable than Silver Surfer. So Silver Surfer getting his head pierced by Mjölnir makes sense. However, Silver Surfer can also regenerate pretty well, something that has been ignored for the sake of the plot. In an issue of the Defenders Silver Surfer has regenerated from almost total annihilation... but thinking how Thanos almost killed him with a couple of punches years ago, the regeneration feat in Defenders might be a space cheese cosmic feat for Silver Surfer.

Neither Silver Surfer nor Mjölnir SHOULD be affected by the Sun. However, I COULD get along with both of them melting down after a prolonged vacation in the very core of the sun.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:29 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Hard to argue when Mjlonir just got destroyed by being thrown into the sun

Historically speaking, the hammer should obviously be more durable. After Thor 705, that looks like it was changed. But then again, under Aaron, Odin would have perished from the Sun. Mangog is more powerful than the Destroyer, Odin, and Phoenix Force. And of course, Odin says things like "when Thor dies, i want that hammer"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:35 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hard to argue when Mjlonir just got destroyed by being thrown into the sun

Historically speaking, the hammer should obviously be more durable. After Thor 705, that looks like it was changed. But then again, under Aaron, Odin would have perished from the Sun. Mangog is more powerful than the Destroyer, Odin, and Phoenix Force. And of course, Odin says things like "when Thor dies, i want that hammer"

Superman is historically stronger than Wonder Woman, but as of "insert issue #", that has changed.

How stupid does that sound?

Under Aaron, young Thor/King Thor/Current Thor fought Gorr in a Sun just fine. Thor flies through Stars for excitement. King Thor is wielding Mjolnir in the future. Let's see how it plays out before we forget everything else we know.

This is Mjolnir. It was randomly destroyed off panel? Aaron is shit, but not THAT shit.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 21st, 2018 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

It looks like in a Jason Aaron story the main character gets all the credit, while everyone around him is a clumsy cheerleader.
In Jason Aarons "Thor: God of Thunder" Thor outperformed pretty much everyone else in the story.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:45 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

A well thought out analysis that I agree with.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:52 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman is historically stronger than Wonder Woman, but as of "insert issue #", that has changed.

How stupid does that sound?

Under Aaron, young Thor/King Thor/Current Thor fought Gorr in a Sun just fine. Thor flies through Stars for excitement. King Thor is wielding Mjolnir in the future. Let's see how it plays out before we forget everything else we know.

This is Mjolnir. It was randomly destroyed off panel? Aaron is shit, but not THAT shit.

I normally agree that you can't just assume the new power level of X character should be concluded on the latest comics. IE: WonderWoman getting knocked the F*** out by a bullet.

The thing with Mjlonir is that under Aaron, he specifically retconned the origins of the hammer. He didn't just decide to make the hammer weak. He actually gave it much different explanation.

For now I do agree with you that Mjolnir>SS easily,. There is just too many inconsistencies to use any of these feats. But I'm interested to see where this goes. From what I've read, there is multiple hammers coming, IE GL lantern corps.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:01 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I normally agree that you can't just assume the new power level of X character should be concluded on the latest comics. IE: WonderWoman getting knocked the F*** out by a bullet.

The thing with Mjlonir is that under Aaron, he specifically retconned the origins of the hammer. He didn't just decide to make the hammer weak. He actually gave it much different explanation.

For now I do agree with you that Mjolnir>SS easily,. There is just too many inconsistencies to use any of these feats. But I'm interested to see where this goes. From what I've read, there is multiple hammers coming, IE GL lantern corps.

He retconned the hammers origins by inserting the Mother Storm, the original cosmic storm from the beginning of time that spans Galaxies and is almost as powerful as Odin...In the same comic, he reinforces that the forging of Mjolnir destroyed a Star (One of it's defining traits).

How does that retcon make the hammer weak or any likely to yield to Surfer? Aaron has made Mjolnir (And all the other weapons of Asgard such as Stormbreaker, Thor's axe etc.) more powerful than ever...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:06 PM
Badabing
Karen

Is this thread the result of someone getting triggered in another thread?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:08 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Badabing
Is this thread the result of someone getting triggered in another thread?

The latest issue of The Mighty Thor, and what recently happened in Thanos would likely be my first guess.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Didn't Thanos just impale [a hugely amped] Surfer's head on the handle of Mjolnir? There's your answer. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He retconned the hammers origins by inserting the Mother Storm, the original cosmic storm from the beginning of time that spans Galaxies and is almost as powerful as Odin...In the same comic, he reinforces that the forging of Mjolnir destroyed a Star (One of it's defining traits).

How does that retcon make the hammer weak or any likely to yield to Surfer? Aaron has made Mjolnir (And all the other weapons of Asgard such as Stormbreaker, Thor's axe etc.) more powerful than ever...

He retconned in more than what you stated. Odin clearly was never able to wield it. He still expresses the desire to wield it. Also, he tamed the storm, clearly he was more powerful.

Also, I want to make this clear; I find it perfectly valid that if Mjolnir was forged in a star, that it can probably be unmade to a point. A lot like how a sword is made in a furnace (and other tool) and cane unmade there.

With that said, historically speaking, like you have said already, Mjlonir has survived plenty of times in similar situations. I agree with you!!!!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 11:25 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

He retconned in more than what you stated. Odin clearly was never able to wield it. He still expresses the desire to wield it. Also, he tamed the storm, clearly he was more powerful.

Also, I want to make this clear; I find it perfectly valid that if Mjolnir was forged in a star, that it can probably be unmade to a point. A lot like how a sword is made in a furnace (and other tool) and cane unmade there.

With that said, historically speaking, like you have said already, Mjlonir has survived plenty of times in similar situations. I agree with you!!!!

He changed Odin's relationship with the hammer partially, yes. How is that relevant in this thread exactly, regarding Mjolnir's durability in general?

I think you need re-read Thor #12. The dwarves brought Odin a chunk of Uru, the strongest metal in all creation, even unsmeatable in the forges of the dwarves.

They hooked a Star, and then pounded on the entire race pounded on the metal for 17 days. The forging of Mjolnir was so intense, it destroyed the Star just to HEAT the metal enough for it to be shaped. Then Odin enchanted it.

What about that issue, suggests that Mjolnir isn't at least as durable as before, much less weaker?

Fair enough.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:02 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

typical forum idiocy. thor says the hammer is destroyed, so everyone just what? goes ahead and assumes it was destroyed? geezus, it's like some of you have never read a comic in your lives. a new forum rule should say that no one can open a thread based on the immediate result in current comic (that would serve the double threat of keeping prep from ever opening ANY threads). christ, we don't even know if it's true and people are calling for retcons? laughing out loud get a phukin grip.

IF it turns out to be true, THEN we can all go ape-sh!t. for the moment, this thread serves no purpose other than to troll. nice carv. thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:42 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:49 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote