KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Coruscant a light side nexus?

Was Coruscant a light side nexus?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Came across these little tidbits and thought they were worth posting here...

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Canon?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's from the 2016 Nexus of Power Sourcebook(I'm sure it's been mentioned here before.) It lists most of the noteworthy force nexuses/vergences in the galaxy... Seems to be a mix of canon and Legends, tbh.

That said, I only posted those excerpts in this thread because they help corroborate information we were given in the Tarkin novelization:
quote:
"The two of them were in Sidious's lair, a small rock-walled enclosure beneath the deepest of the Palace's several sublevels that had once been an ancient Sith shrine. That the Jedi had raised their Temple over the shrine had for a thousand years been one of the most closely guarded secrets of those Sith Lords who had perpetuated and implemented the revenge strategy of the Jedi Order's founders. Even the most powerful of Dark Side Adepts believed that shrines of the sort existed only on Sith worlds remote from Coruscant, and even the most powerful of the Jedi believed that the power inherent in the shrine had been neutralized and successfully capped. In truth, that power had seeped upward and outward since its entombment, infiltrating the hallways and rooms above, and weakening the Jedi Order much as the Sith Masters themselves had secretly infiltrated the corridors of political power and toppled the Republic. Save for Sidious, no sentient being in close to five thousand years had set foot in the shrine... Even Vader was unaware of the shrine's existence."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 13th, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Does that undermine Plagueis and Sidious' cosmic feats against the Jedi Order or Sidious' use of periodic Sith rituals to fog the Jedi's Force foresight?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

To some extent, yes.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:11 PM
Darth Thor

In Canon Nexus are mostly pretty negligible in terms of combat performance.

Exception of course being Mortis.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I don’t think the Sith shrine under the Jedi temple exists in legends.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:41 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
To some extent, yes.

Wait a moment. Isn't that Sith shrine depicted in Sithisis? Palpatine does same real job there.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Ultimate Visual Guide explains the events of Sithisis a bit:

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 07:03 PM
Freedon Nadd

It is confirmed. Palpatine needed a dark side nexus to do what he did.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 09:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not necessarily. Though the evidence does suggest that the shrine's influence may have made the task easier for Palpatine in the long run.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 01:45 AM
Freedon Nadd

Uh, yeah!?

On Kalakar Six and in Sithisis(a single torrent of his Force lightning turned into charred husk and ash three Dark Side Prophets and that Sith wyrm) Yet, he isn't able to do so with Windu(who is kind of 'unarmed' and receives his full power from the Force lightning)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 06:46 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Which is exactly why I don't like comparing Legends to canon, and vice versa.

No need to make the franchise more inconsistent than it already is.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 12:42 PM
Freedon Nadd

Yes, but the Sith shrine is Legends, though.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 03:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Where canon is concerned, all we know is that the Sith shrine existed under the Jedi Temple, and helped to corrupt/weaken the Jedi(to *some* extent) over the years. We also know the shrine's influence may have ultimately made it easier for Palpatine to overthrow the Order as a whole.

That doesn't necessarily canonize the events of Sithisis by default, however.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 14th, 2018 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:08 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Palpatine has to turn one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order into ash or his power is called into question? Wouldn't that signify the amount of power Windu has in his (one armed) body as opposed to a lack on Palpatine's part?
You might as well be putting everyone on the same resistance level to lightning if that's the case.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:25 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
Where canon is concerned, all we know is that the Sith shrine existed under the Jedi Temple, and helped to corrupt/weaken the Jedi(to *some* extent) over the years. We also know the shrine's influence may have ultimately made it easier for Palpatine to overthrow the Order as a whole.

That doesn't necessarily canonize the events of Sithisis by default, however.

Sithisis is non-Legends, then?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:34 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Palpatine has to turn one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order into ash or his power is called into question? Wouldn't that signify the amount of power Windu has in his (one armed) body as opposed to a lack on Palpatine's part?
You might as well be putting everyone on the same resistance level to lightning if that's the case.

Mind=blown.
Windu>Palpatine. I knew it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:35 PM
Freedon Nadd

Also, Revan was able to deflect an ashy lightning attack against Nyriss with a bare effort.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:36 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Mind=blown.
Windu>Palpatine. I knew it.
Palpatine not turning Windu into ash while killing him wouldn't lead you into that false dichotomy. It means his power wasn't enough to instantly vaporize him, and he cut it off before that happened.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Also, Revan was able to deflect an ashy lightning attack against Nyriss with a bare effort.
Do you think this would strengthen or hinder your case when looking at this without full context would imply the resistance to force lightning would have a direct correlation to your power, and is the difference between ash and unharmed? That of course would naturally flow into varying degrees of damage depending on your resistance.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 05:59 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote