KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Questions for our Leftists Posters.

Questions for our Leftists Posters.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

And you, as a veteran, have direct knowledge of this very topic because you served "in the shit" and know exactly how it goes down.

More like he was also TRAINED, EDUCATED and Also EXPERIENCED to be fair. All the Parkland Kids "EXPERIENCED" could be descreibed as Extreme School House Bullying.

Originally posted by cdtm
As a vet, can you imagine a Christmas truce ever playing out? (Or any of the various truces that were said to happen organically, and that the brass frowned upon.)

"Hey German buddy, share a fag. We can go back to shooting each other later."

But that did happen. It was the Corrupt Government Leaders on each side that put an END to Peace.

Oh and

*REPORTED for using Homophobic Slurs*

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 07:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Most people here knows nothing of warfare. Most of them views a few warfare movies, now they believe their experts.

There’s a reason guerilla warfare is still to this day one of the best tactics ever implanted in any war.

Vietnam was a good example. A SFC showed us a video in Vietnam of how a Battalion size element were completely wiped out by just a few Vietcong using guerilla tactics.

Afghanistan is another good example of guerilla tactics working.

It’s seems the left somehow believes, if the people were to rise up against a tyrannical government, all we’ll be using are AR’s. These idiots fails to see and the advantage of the Black Market brings. These people Somehow believes it’s hard to buy arms on the black market!

Worse yet, the second we begins to fight, we would be invaded by either Russia, North Korea, ISIs, ISIL or who’s ever our enemies are.
Too paranoid

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 08:06 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by cdtm
As a vet, can you imagine a Christmas truce ever playing out? (Or any of the various truces that were said to happen organically, and that the brass frowned upon.)

"Hey German buddy, share a fag. We can go back to shooting each other later."

That would never happen in this day age. For the second it begins, morons would go to social media and claims Christmas is racist or phobic to the other races in the world. All this would be happening while those morons are safe in their little underground bunker.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:03 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Firefly218
Too paranoid

Please explain why am paranoid?

Imagine if the British Empire was a tad more paranoid a few hundred years ago.

Paranoia is not a bad thing. It’s only bad when it’s all you can think off.

Am I paranoid to believe the US government can become a dictatorship in my lifetime? No I don’t. But do I believe it might happen? Nothing is for sure. It might happen. Should one be ready? Yes. Why? Because the government is an entity being run by human beings, and human beings are corrupt, or essay corruptable.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:13 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please explain why am paranoid?

Imagine if the British Empire was a tad more paranoid a few hundred years ago.

Paranoia is not a bad thing. It’s only bad when it’s all you can think off.

Am I paranoid to believe the US government can become a dictatorship in my lifetime? No I don’t. But do I believe it might happen? Nothing is for sure. It might happen. Should one be ready? Yes. Why? Because the government is an entity being run by human beings, and human beings are corrupt, or essay corruptable.
Real people are being hurt today by the guns you need to defend yourself from fantasy fears.

It's like the guy digging a radioactive bunker to protect himself from a potential nuclear fall out and unintentionally sabotaging the underground water supply while doing so.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:20 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Real people are being hurt today by the guns you need to defend yourself from fantasy fears.

And knives, and cars, and fists, and baseball bats. Don't forget those.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
And knives, and cars, and fists, and baseball bats. Don't forget those.
I know this might be controversial to you, but knives, baseball bats and fists are not as dangerous as fuccking AK-47s

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:29 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yes real people are being hurt by guns, but it's not unreasonable to be hesitant to pass legislation restricting the liberty and property rights of the entire US population.

It's not just a matter of you can stop people from being killed without having to sacrifice anything of value to do so. It's a matter of to pursue some of these policies you would explicitly necessarily have to restrict the liberty and property rights of every American citizen (and in the case of say a proposed ban on semi-automatic rifles you'd actually have to take people's property by force or threat of force), and that isn't an insignificant cost. Beyond that point there's also the uncertainty of potential other costs that result from the legislation, such as the hypothetical of a tyrannical government, or even on the smaller scale of what if certain people have a harder time getting weapons and then confront genuine threats to their lives they are unequipped to deal with. And furthermore the intended benefit of the legislation isn't even a given, it could be passed with the cost of everyone's liberty to the effect of minimal impact on gun homicides.

I don't think it's irrational or paranoid to approach the subject of what we should get our government to restrict from us with serious hesitancy.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:37 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I know this might be controversial to you, but knives, baseball bats and fists are not as dangerous as fuccking AK-47s

Then explain how knives kill more people per year than AK-47s.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:40 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Too paranoid

Too paranoid... really? Just think about how many people have been slaughtered by tyrannical governments in the last 100 hundred years. It's not like people are worried about something human beings as a species have actually evolved beyond.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:42 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes real people are being hurt by guns, but it's not unreasonable to be hesitant to pass legislation restricting the liberty and property rights of the entire US population.

It's not just a matter of you can stop people from being killed without having to sacrifice anything of value to do so. It's a matter of to pursue some of these policies you would explicitly necessarily have to restrict the liberty and property rights of every American citizen (and in the case of say a proposed ban on semi-automatic rifles you'd actually have to take people's property by force or threat of force), and that isn't an insignificant cost. Beyond that point there's also the uncertainty of potential other costs that result from the legislation, such as the hypothetical of a tyrannical government, or even on the smaller scale of what if certain people have a harder time getting weapons and then confront genuine threats to their lives they are unequipped to deal with. And furthermore the intended benefit of the legislation isn't even a given, it could be passed with the cost of everyone's liberty to the effect of minimal impact on gun homicides.

I don't think it's irrational or paranoid to approach the subject of what we should get our government to restrict from us with serious hesitancy.
Here are some good regulation I saw that don't infringe on liberties or rights

http://www.upworthy.com/5-easy-comm...ll-never-happen

Limit all magazines to 10 bullets or less

Enhance mandatory background check requirements and standardize them across all states, including for private sales

We should make sure the National Instant Criminal Background Check System is built for confidence, instead of speed

We could treat firearms like cars — with licensing, registration, and mandatory insurance

Empower the government to actually collect and study information about trends in gun violence

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:42 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by darthgoober
Too paranoid... really? Just think about how many people have been slaughtered by tyrannical governments in the last 100 hundred years. It's not like people are worried about something human beings as a species have actually evolved beyond.

Firefly has 100% faith in the government. BTW, he also thinks that the Trump admin is full of morons, racists and probably Nazis.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not a practical concern in America, especially when we keep having mass shootings

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:44 PM
SquallX

It's like the guy digging a radioactive bunker to protect himself from a potential nuclear fall out and unintentionally sabotaging the underground water supply while doing so.

You do know when the 2nd amendment was written, there were already fully auto weapons in circulation right?

Acids are also being use in England and Afghanistan.

Slavery is still being practiced on Blacks by Muslims!

Yet, gun! gun! gun!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:45 PM
Silent Master

It's not a practical concern in America, especially when we keep having mass shootings

What about all the guns deaths that aren't from mass shootings, why don't you care about them?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:47 PM
SquallX

Yet more Blacks are kill in Chicago related to illegal ownerships of handguns? Yet you’re side are nowhere to be seen! Why? Because Blacks killing other Blacks, the innocent ones also, doesn’t fit you’re agenda!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:49 PM
darthgoober

It IS a practical concern. Think about the rights we've already had stripped from us by things like the Patriot Act. Giving up our ability to effectively fight back in a worst case scenario is a horrible idea because once we do that we're screwed if/when the impending threat of a true tyrant presents itself.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:53 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote:
Limit all magazines to 10 bullets or less

Admittedly I haven't given this one much thought, though I honestly don't think it'd be much of a deterrent. Logically finding away around that seems like something that would be a pretty easy thing to do.

quote:
Enhance mandatory background check requirements and standardize them across all states, including for private sales

"Enhance" is a vague term, it depends on what enhancements you have in mind. Also I don't disagree with universality of background checks, but at the same time it seems virtually impossible to regulate hand to hand transactions in any seriously effective way.

quote:
We should make sure the National Instant Criminal Background Check System is built for confidence, instead of speed

Again that's a vague sound good statement with not a lot of substance as to what specifics it's actually proposing.

quote:
We could treat firearms like cars — with licensing, registration, and mandatory insurance

Yeah I definitely don't agree with that one. I think it partially defeats the purpose of accessible self-defense if you're going to institute something that would significantly bump up the cost of owning a fire-arm. I don't think it's reasonable to charge someone a monthly insurance fee for a rifle they keep in their house and only use in the situation that someone tries to break into their house, or that someone whose poor enough that they're stuck living in a high crime rate area would have to dedicate that much of their income to paying insurance monthly, as opposed to making a one time purchase that will help them secure their safety in their own neighborhood.

quote:
Empower the government to actually collect and study information about trends in gun violence

I can understand gun owner's apprehension to expanded government intelligence on their gun ownership when you have politicians and political activists calling for the government to restrict and confiscate certain type of guns. To someone seriously concerned with protecting their property, I can see why they wouldn't want to consent to something that would make it easier for the government to disarm them if they chose to do so.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 09:59 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet more Blacks are kill in Chicago related to illegal ownerships of handguns? Yet you’re side are nowhere to be seen! Why? Because Blacks killing other Blacks, the innocent ones also, doesn’t fit you’re agenda!
What agenda do you think I have?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 10:00 PM
SquallX

What agenda do you think I have?

You’re citing ban guns, yet you’re refusing to look at the bigger picture.

I’ll say this again, fully auto weapons were around before the 2nd amendment was ever put to paper, let alone thought off.

Knives kill more people each year than semi auto. Handguns kills more people each year. Handguns are also the go to weapon for suicides.

Bad people don’t care about rules and laws. If theirs a will, theirs a way. The black market would actually sky rocket in sales.

Anywhere there’s strict gun laws, more shootings happens.

The agenda I cite is simple. You and your side seem to care more about rhetoric than facts.

What happen was a tragedy, but screaming ban is not gonna make any change.

Let’s say you actually ban all form of guns? You actually believe the evil people that wishes to commit those atrocities won’t just find another way?

Do you even know how easy it is to make an IED in this day and age?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 10:15 PM