KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Questions for our Leftists Posters.

Questions for our Leftists Posters.
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Are those the tears of the families with dead children that you’re drinking

LOL!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The fundamental human issue is that we are self-conscious of our own vulnerability and have to find a way to best deal with that.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:09 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
The fundamental human issue is that we are self-conscious of our own vulnerability and have to find a way to best deal with that.

Yeah, but the left keeps telling us if we disagree we love dead kids lol.

Firefly will say he is joking, but I know he is at least half serious.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Violence is not a USA problem, it’s not a humanity problem, it’s a nature of life problem. You’re not going to solve violence, that’s like saying you’re going to solve sex or gluttony. These are vices that every living thing is biologically equipped with.

As far as the root causes of violence. None of the most prominent mass shooters have been motivated by the same root causes that regular gun homicides have been motivated by. You’d agree that most gun homicides foster in areas of poverty and low-education right? A mass shooting is a different type of crime motivated by different reasons, it largely takes place in middle-income white areas and has nothing to do with poverty or lack of education.

So even in a hypothetical utopia where we eliminate poverty, bring the poor into upper class society, make sure every soul if fed and provided for etc. that would certainly reduce violence, but it would do nothing for mass shootings.

Dude, lo, that's the biggest strawman I've ever seen.

Fine, let's play your word game. Eliminate the word "stop."

Stop dodging, stop trolling, and stay on the topic. Enough with things like nukes, "OMG! you can't stop violence" bullshit. Actually reply on topic. Try it. Get out of your comfort zone and talking platforms.

Do you want to reduce violence or do you want to only reduce a specific type of gun violence?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 12:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you want to reduce violence or do you want to only reduce a specific type of gun violence?
Since you completely avoided directly responding to me and just parroted yourself again, I'll quote my answer

As far as the root causes of violence. None of the most prominent mass shooters have been motivated by the same root causes that regular gun homicides have been motivated by. You’d agree that most gun homicides foster in areas of poverty and low-education right? A mass shooting is a different type of crime motivated by different reasons, it largely takes place in middle-income white areas and has nothing to do with poverty or lack of education.

So even in a hypothetical utopia where we eliminate poverty, bring the poor into upper class society, make sure every soul if fed and provided for etc. that would certainly reduce violence, but it would do nothing for mass shootings.

^ Mass shootings and general violence have different causes and solutions. It's completely possible to reduce violence but still be vulnerable to mass shootings, and it's possible to eliminate mass shootings but still be plagued by violence.

And if you're only going to ignore my point and repeat your same thing over again then don't bother, there's better things to do in life than that

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 01:05 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How would any of your suggestions actually stop or reduce mass shootings.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 01:18 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Since you completely avoided directly responding to me and just parroted yourself again, I'll quote my answer

^ Mass shootings and general violence have different causes and solutions. It's completely possible to reduce violence but still be vulnerable to mass shootings, and it's possible to eliminate mass shootings but still be plagued by violence.

And if you're only going to ignore my point and repeat your same thing over again then don't bother, there's better things to do in life than that

You didn't answer my question, at all. You presented 0 solutions in your reply.

Try again, pretty please?

Please, no more dancing, dodging, etc.? Can you just stop with that stuff? Try to have a conversation with me.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:02 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
You didn't answer my question, at all. You presented 0 solutions in your reply.

Try again, pretty please?

Please, no more dancing, dodging, etc.? Can you just stop with that stuff? Try to have a conversation with me.
Dude something is wrong with your brain. I directly responded to the question you posed with my point and you’re stuck in some weird denial loop. Anyways I’m not gonna waste anymore time on responding to this, some people are clearly too set in their beliefs to budge one centimeter

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:15 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Quick question: do you think you are flexible in your beliefs?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:19 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Quick question: do you think you are flexible in your beliefs?
Yes

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:24 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Addendum. Ideally it’s good to be flexible in your beliefs but inflexible in your values.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:28 AM
dadudemon

Dude something is wrong with your brain. I directly responded to the question you posed with my point and you’re stuck in some weird denial loop. Anyways I’m not gonna waste anymore time on responding to this, some people are clearly too set in their beliefs to budge one centimeter

I'm pretty sure it is obvious to everyone here that you're not being honest at all. You've dodged and danced and played word games.

I have not read a single solution from you.

Here's a possible answer to the violence problem:

Fund a public outreach program to help get police more involved with the community.

Do you see what an actual idea for a solution looks like (it's not my solution, but it just an example of one)? This is the type of answer you should be exploring.

Now do you want to decrease violence or do you want to continuing dodging? Or do you just want to blame everything on guns and hope doing stuff with guns solves the violence?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:54 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

^ Addendum. Ideally it’s good to be flexible in your beliefs but inflexible in your values.

And which “values” are you being inflexible about in this discussion?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 03:54 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If your "Flexible" in your Beliefs, don't that make you kind of Wishy Washy in most things?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 05:58 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote