KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?
Started by: JMANGO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

Was he ever a Dark Lord of the Sith? Did he ever stop being a Sith Lord, and if so, when did he stop being one?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 08:47 AM
Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

He Gave Out Titles of Darth, to Malak/Revan. So I'd assume he was one technically, even though his comments to the Outlander indicate he never truly followed Sith dogma. You could say, by the time he found Valkorian, sometime after the events of Revan's Novel. His ideology, could not be applied to being Sith.

But i'm sure omniscient Fresh, can explain it more accurately.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes, he is a Sith Lord. Failkorion's debatable but it's downright retarded to argue that Vitiate isn't.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:00 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Re: Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JMANGO
Was he ever a Dark Lord of the Sith? Did he ever stop being a Sith Lord, and if so, when did he stop being one?

Well, what's your criteria for Sith Lord?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 10:54 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, what's your criteria for Sith Lord?

A loose one. In other words, if a quote says sidious is the most powerful DLOS, does that include vitiate ?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 08:45 AM
Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

He was for a little time. But he saw those ways were flawed.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Re: Re: Re: Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

A loose one. In other words, if a quote says sidious is the most powerful DLOS, does that include vitiate ?

Yes, because his title is Sith. What his personal beliefs on the matter are is irrelevant. I could literally show you a quote saying Palpatine was nothing more than a mask of Sidious, but only an absolutely, mind-numbingly stupid person would say he wasn't the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. He was still the leader of a democratic system, just as Vitiate was the leader of a Sith Empire. That's all there is to it.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 10:19 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

The Sith are a religious movement, shmuck.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

FYI: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...se-sith/131155/

He can be viewed as a Sith Lord until he reached the stage of Voices and began to wear both Sith Emperor and Immortal Emperor masks for two different Empires respectively.

Prior to Voices = YES

Voices (and later) = NO

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 08:44 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I consider myself to be an IRL sith. That is why I'm going to law school smile

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Vitiate was never a Darth, if that's what you mean by "Dark Lord of the Sith."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 11:33 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Vitiate a Sith Lord?

Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, because his title is Sith. What his personal beliefs on the matter are is irrelevant. I could literally show you a quote saying Palpatine was nothing more than a mask of Sidious, but only an absolutely, mind-numbingly stupid person would say he wasn't the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. He was still the leader of a democratic system, just as Vitiate was the leader of a Sith Empire. That's all there is to it.

So you agree he stopped being a Sith when he becomes Valk. He becomes Valk before Exar Kun's death.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 01:58 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Azronger

thumb up

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:11 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by The Ellimist
thumb up

LMAO, wut? If I was once a Russian, but defected to the United States, but still maintained my role in their armada as a spy, would I still be allied to the Russians?

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:23 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
LMAO, wut? If I was once a Russian, but defected to the United States, but still maintained my role in their armada as a spy, would I still be allied to the Russians?

A better analogy would be that whether a certain member of Stalin's politburo really believed in communism doesn't change whether they were a member of said politburo. The question here is whether "Sith Lord" is better defined as a member of an organization or a believer in a faith. I personally think it's the former. E.g. Palpatine himself didn't really "believe" in the Sith code.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:25 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

He did believe. He just had his own Rule of One. And Sithism and Jediism are religios movements. It's not the same as being a chancellor or whatsover.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:28 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

A better analogy would be that whether a certain member of Stalin's politburo really believed in communism doesn't change whether they were a member of said politburo. The question here is whether "Sith Lord" is better defined as a member of an organization or a believer in a faith. I personally think it's the former. E.g. Palpatine himself didn't really "believe" in the Sith code.

It's not a matter of him rejecting the philosophy. To quote a Senior TOR writer, "he left the Sith faction." Palpatine's allegiances remain with the sith whereas Valkoriate has ostensibly left the faction all together. The problem with your analogy is that the member of Stalin's politburo still belongs to that group, he is not a spy for the Americans.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:30 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
It's not a matter of him rejecting the philosophy. To quote a Senior TOR writer, "he left the Sith faction." Palpatine's allegiances remain with the sith whereas Valkoriate has ostensibly left the faction all together. The problem with your analogy is that the member of Stalin's politburo still belongs to that group, he is not a spy for the Americans.

I guess that's true, or at least reasonable, for Valkorion, but as of vanilla SWTOR Vitiate was very clearly aligned with the Sith.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:35 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

I guess that's true, or at least reasonable, for Valkorion, but as of vanilla SWTOR Vitiate was very clearly aligned with the Sith.

Well, that is where you are wrong. I can demonstrate with 99% certainty that SWTOR Vitiate was Valkorion. In fact, so was Novel Vitaite.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 04:36 AM