KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment

The Appealment Of the 2nd Amendment
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Again, I’m not willing to sacrifice the liberty and property rights of every American citizen for policy that will barely put a dent in gun homicides.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The force of law can be brought down on people who kill people without punishing the vast majority of gun owners who have never murdered someone.
and the dead people? thoughts and prayers i guess sad

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:11 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Also my sense of entitlement? I don’t own a gun and nor am I a gun enthusiast, my statements come entirely from my principles because I have no personal self-interest vested in this policy.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:12 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Again, I’m not willing to sacrifice the liberty and property rights of every American citizen for policy that will barely put a dent in gun homicides.

Fvck their liberty and property rights.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:12 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What a horrifying statement.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Should just raise the age to 30. By 30 people are more grounded and sensible, generally speaking.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not all 18/21 year olds are alike in maturity. I'd like to see the driving age raised from 16 to 18 or at the very least make the driving test more difficult. I was astonished how ridiculously easy it was to obtain my license with basically no preparation before hand. I still wasn't confidently for at least 3 months after getting my license.

We need to increase our standards if anything. Not every 18 year old should have a gun ,but there are also 40 year olds who shouldn't either. If an 18 y/o serves in the army, police, Fire, EMS, etc; I'd consider them responsible/mature enough to handle a firearm.

If on the other hand you have Logan Paul...well I can't say the same.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:14 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Fvck their liberty and property rights.
What do you have to live for then?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:15 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

anime boobs

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:17 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kurk
What do you have to live for then?

I'm pretty sure people live just fine without the miniscule ding in their property rights that I'm suggesting. A lot of people do. You need to have a sense of perspective here, I'm not talking about taking some vital part of the human condition away, merely having people wait a few years to buy a gun. Christ.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:18 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You want gun rights repealed completely iirc. Don’t give me that “I’m not asking for much” bullshit

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:20 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll give up my guns if you also give up your alcohol. Despite the latter being statistically the 3rd leading cause of death worldwide, you'd be against it.

It's pretty obvious that you're fine with banning guns simply because UKers don't have any, so you wrongly believe you can dictate what's good for a completely different society. The same can't be said for booze.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:22 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You want gun rights repealed completely iirc. Don’t give me that “I’m not asking for much” bullshit

Thats not what I was talking about in this conversation.

Though in general I do think your idiotic idea about property rights being more important than human life is absolutely disgusting and despicable, yes.

I'll give up my guns if you also give up your alcohol. Despite the latter being statistically the 3rd leading cause of death worldwide, you'd be against it.

It's pretty obvious that you're fine with banning guns simply because UKers don't have any, so you wrongly believe you can dictate what's good for a completely different society. The same can't be said for booze.

I don't drink. And anyway, in a number of states the legal age to buy alcohol actual is 21. Alcohol and guns are entirely different cases regardless, don't push a false equivalency.

Dude, you agreed with me that the US is uniquely deranged on this issue just today. Since I hail from a saner portion of the world it does inform my perspective, yes. I don't see how that makes my opinion invalid.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:29 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

There is a distinct difference between an irresponsible action that puts your own health at risk, and irresponsible action that puts everyone else at risk. sick

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I think in all states one must be 21 to buy/consume alcohol.

We also did constitutionally ban alcohol outright, it was called Prohibition; it didn't work.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm only concerned about your idealist proposition to ban guns outright. If you were playing god and could do so, would you ban all guns only if alcohol was included too?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:33 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nephthys
Thats not what I was talking about in this conversation.

Though in general I do think your idiotic idea about property rights being more important than human life is absolutely disgusting and despicable, yes.

I don’t think the right to property is equivalent to the right to life, but it’s not a 1:1 ratio. You’re talking about potentially saving the lives of a vast minority of people in the country by sacrificing the property rights of everyone, and I’m not convinced that’s a worthwhile trade off.

Especially since I’m not convinced these solutions will have the outcome you’re hoping for, and also apprehensive about the unintended side effects of people not being able to protect themselves when they need to.

You’re trying to oversimplify a complex situation, and I’m not in agreement with you.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:37 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm only concerned about your idealist proposition to ban guns outright. If you were playing god and could do so, would you ban all guns only if alcohol was included too?

No. I would probably look into what could be done about alcohol-related incidents though. As far as I know there are a significant number of services trying to deal with it. I'd hazard a guess theres more done about alcohol than firearms in fact.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:38 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

owning anything beyond pistols, shotguns, and bolt action rifles should be considered a privilege. it's not your inherent right to have an instrument of mass murder. f*ck your freedumz.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:38 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Should just make it that the guns you're constitutionally allowed to own are the guns that were around in 18th century.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2018 04:42 PM