KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should a citizenship question be added to the census?

Should a citizenship question be added to the census?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should a citizenship question be added to the census?

Some are throwing a fit over Trump announcing that a citizenship question will be added to the census.

And other countries ask the question.

Citizenship question in census brings U.S. into line with worldwide practice

"The answer, apparently, is: yes. Hans von Spakovsky writes:

[E]ven the United Nations recommends that its member countries ask a citizenship question on their census surveys, and countries ranging from Australia to Germany to Indonesia all ask this question. Only in the U.S. is this considered at all controversial — and it shouldn’t be.

Throughout nearly all of our history, we too have asked about citizenship:

President Thomas Jefferson first proposed a citizenship question in 1800. It was added to the census in 1820 with a question that asked for the number of “foreigners not naturalized” in the household. . .[D]ecennial census surveys consistently asked citizenship questions up until 1950.

Nor, contrary to the impression the mainstream media has tried to convey, did 1950 mark the end of Census Department inquiries into citizenship:

When the census switched to sending out two different census forms, the short form and the long form, the long form (which went to one out of every six households) contained a citizenship question. The long form was discontinued after the 2000 census and replaced with the American Community Survey (ACS)."

I have zero problem with this and I can't understand why people would. If you have so many illegals in your state you're worried about losing funding or congressional seats if you can't count them...shouldn't that be a huge red flag? Don't such states deserve to lose some power? IMO they do.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 01:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Lefty Immigrant Reply: Ehhhhh (whiney voice) Questions Are HARD! I already had to walk here. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH! GIMME FREE STUFF!!!!!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Meh, I've no real problem with it. Should also add "Do you own a gun(s)?" and if yes, "what types of guns?" to the census.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes. Seems good.

Identify:

1. Citizen.
2. Permanent Resident.
3. Temp Resident.
4. Illegal Alien.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

"Are you going to Support the Democrat Party no matter how Fascistic and or How Large the Stance they take against your own Cultural Values?"

If Yes.

Welcome to the New Permanent Underclass....But Only as long as Each and EveryOne of You Vote LEFT ONLY!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah it's fine.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I knew you would approve.

Man You Banned Fire"FeeFeeFooFooFascist"Fly!

You are Horrible.

I may love you

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:50 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well he did ask.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 08:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

California is, of course, suing lol.

I encourage more states to do the same. I really want to see them expose themselves for what they are. This is sheer lunacy to be so up in arms over this question being added.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
California is, of course, suing lol.

I encourage more states to do the same. I really want to see them expose themselves for what they are. This is sheer lunacy to be so up in arms over this question being added.

Of course, if the census were to stop counting illegal immigrants towards total population they lose federal dollars and reps in the house.

Next, we should find a way to audit California, NY, OR (a few other states as well) for automatically registering folks to vote when they are issuing drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. smile

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:11 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Of course, if the census were to stop counting illegal immigrants towards total population they lose federal dollars and reps in the house.

Next, we should find a way to audit California, NY, OR (a few other states as well) for automatically registering folks to vote when they are issuing drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. smile

Bingo. And what does it say about these states that they admit some of their representatives can be attributed to the number of illegals they have?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:19 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by snowdragon

How about no? California has a pop of 39.54mil, the number of illegal immigrants is estimated around 2.6 (high side), but let's make it 3mil for argument's sake.

Subtract all the illegal Sanchos, Joses and Marias, California is still at 36.5 million. Still the most populous state and still a very healthy lead on the the no.2 Texas which is at 25.1mil (illegals in).

Ca wouldn't lose much, if anything Federally, should the illegals not be counted. Hope that clears that confusion up.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
How about no? California has a pop of 39.54mil, the number of illegal immigrants is estimated around 2.6 (high side), but let's make it 3mil for argument's sake.

Subtract all the illegal Sanchos, Joses and Marias, California is still at 36.5 million. Still the most populous state and still a very healthy lead on the the no.2 Texas which is at 25.1mil (illegals in).

Ca wouldn't lose much, if anything Federally, should the illegals not be counted. Hope that clears that confusion up.

Why are they suing?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/27/cal...020-census.html

"The state is concerned a lower population could ultimately jeopardize billions in federal funding as well as a congressional seat."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Sorry if my facts destroyed your feelings though. But as you can see the numbers speak for themselves.

edit: And yes, I still don't have a problem with the question being added

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 29th, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry if my facts destroyed your feelings though. But as you can see the numbers speak for themselves.

You didn't destroy anything, nor did your numbers. I ask again: why is California suing over this?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:38 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BackFire
Well he did ask.

Interesting .....

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 05:46 AM
snowdragon

Your numbers didn't illustrate anything in regards to my statement about losing federal dollars and house seats.

As a matter of fact, DHS does put the illegal immigrant population a touch under 3 million and that alone would be worth nearly 4 seats in the house of representatives let alone the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars lost in federal dollars.

So great you acknowledge the problem and want to assist in a solution for it, super.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 01:01 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hillary2020
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a bunch of racist xenophobes. Why should citizen have anything to do with a census? LOL @ the racists here. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 05:21 PM
Hillary2020 is currently offline Click here to Send Hillary2020 a Private Message Find more posts by Hillary2020 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jill Stein
Restricted

Account Restricted

This question should not be added. Did you know I am not a US citizen? I’m a doctor.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:42 PM
Jill Stein is currently offline Click here to Send Jill Stein a Private Message Find more posts by Jill Stein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote