KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So you need a license to braid hair in Tennessee...

So you need a license to braid hair in Tennessee...
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's what you and I missed on our first go-around:

Paid vs. not Paid

If any of these "naturalist braiders" are taking money, it's illegal. It's unlicensed professional services being exchanged for money. Doing any sort of hair styling, for money, falls under the regulatory umbrella of Licensed Cosmetology practices. Any state that requires cosmetology licensing for hairstylists would be beholden to this regulation.

We may be upset about having to go to Cosmetology school to obtain a license to be in business but this is just how it is. Also under cosmetology:

1. Nail Technicians
2. Hair Stylists
3. Esthetician
4. Cosmetics (Beauticians)
5. Barbering

If you wish to style hair and be paid, in any form, you must obtain the license. It does not matter that you wish to only braid hair. If you want to be a professional, you must follow the regulatory laws that govern your discipline.

Obviously, the libertarian part of my political beliefs says that this regulation is absolutely stupid. The only way the government should interfere with this client-business relationship is to tax it.

"If two or more parties, under sound-mind, seek to undertake a private contract, whether complex or simple, whereupon all parties agree in the exchange of goods, services, or currency, the government shall not infringe upon said relationship. The greatest extent that the government - hereafter defined as all aspects of the Federal, State, and Municipal governments that are best fit to tax the heretofore mentioned "private contract" - is taxation that is assessed and levied at the current date of signature of the 'private contract.' All signatories, unless otherwise specified in the 'private contract', are responsible for taxation."

Addendums and clarifications to the above would include things such as "doesn't matter if one or more of the parties are not US Citizens, Permnanet bla bla bla".

Something like that.
As I said, I'm perfectly fine with these braiders having to have schooling and a license, especially if they're taking in income; it should also be taxed.

My concern is the state requiring them to do the same hours of schooling for something so minor in comparison. Imo, the schooling system should be revamped, to more accurately reflect the proper amount of schooling ($$$ paid) for level of profession. As it is now, some people are being ripped off in their chosen profession.

eg A friend of my owns her own tiny beauty shop in San Francisco, she does facials (black head/zit removal) and body hair removal, anything from eyebrows to buttholes and everything in between. I think she did over 300hrs of schooling to be licensed for that. I see no reason why a glorified hair-braider needs the same amount of schooling hours, does seem like it's just a money-grab from the state of TN here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
As I said, I'm perfectly fine with these braiders having to have schooling and a license, especially if they're taking in income; it should also be taxed.

My concern is the state requiring them to do the same hours of schooling for something so minor in comparison. Imo, the schooling system should be revamped, to more accurately reflect the proper amount of schooling ($$$ paid) for level of profession. As it is now, some people are being ripped off in their chosen profession.

eg A friend of my owns her own tiny beauty shop in San Francisco, she does facials (black head/zit removal) and body hair removal, anything from eyebrows to buttholes and everything in between. I think she did over 300hrs of schooling to be licensed for that. I see no reason why a glorified hair-braider needs the same amount of schooling hours, does seem like it's just a money-grab from the state of TN here.

I agree with everything in this post, 100%.

No-nonsense regulations would make people like you and I happier.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 06:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
i went to school for cosmetology and tbh this new law is not racist its just another govt cash grab. it affects low income people moreso than anything. u can also see this sorta "crack down" in the asian communities with unliscensed massage parlors amd nail technicians

Oh shit don't say that, leftists only give a shit about minorities being impacted if the minorities aren't Asian.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Are you making up another narrative and applying it to "leftist", then being outraged over it? Seems like it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you making up another narrative and applying it to "leftist", then being outraged over it? Seems like it.

You triggered? Neat. Also irrelevant, but neat.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Or you could have cited all these examples and proven your claim as true? Nah, that would be silly.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or you could have cited all these examples and proven your claim as true? Nah, that would be silly.

Triggered? Neat.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

IOW: You're unable to support your claim with posted proof so you're doing your usual "you triggered!" routine to deflect away from that.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IOW: You're unable to support your claim with posted proof so you're doing your usual "you triggered!" routine to deflect away from that.

Not at all. You have claimed multiple times you have a legendary memory. If true, you'd remember we've talked about some of the things Asians go through here.

Use that legendary memory. Now, I will be happy to elaborate on what I was talking about if you admit you don't have a legendary memory.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 09:58 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's not up to me to prove your claims. It's up to you. :/

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not up to me to prove your claims. It's up to you. :/

Isn't it up to you to prove your claims though? You've claimed you have a legendary memory.

I repeat: simply state you do not and I will elaborate on what I meant.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:09 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So instead of just citing these many examples that would prove your claim correct, you're playing your "baby games" yet again. Very telling; have fun with that I guess.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So instead of just citing these many examples that would prove your claim correct, you're playing your "baby games" yet again. Very telling; have fun with that I guess.

I just go by what you have claimed. You have, on multiple occasions, claimed you have a legendary memory.

If you did..you would recall we had a specific discussion about at least one example of what I mean.

You don't recall?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:16 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
I just go by what you have claimed. You have, on multiple occasions, claimed you have a legendary memory.

If you did..you would recall we had a specific discussion about at least one example of what I mean.

You don't recall?

If we are being honest, Robtard never originally claimed that. People put that on him and he just went with it.

These are the things I can remember (and this took a shit load of time to find):

I'm hoping he can see through his anger and quote me where I apparently made this comment he claims I made in regards to the ambassador to Mexico? My memory is "legendary" as many have put it here and I don't recall making it.

I do recall, since my memory is legendary and why that seemed that some sort of attack is because you often like to mimic/say back what others said in attacks. But as I said, no worries, it was a joke on you part and nothing more.

Repeat: I didn't say a word about the being off topic. I posted an on-topic story, you made what I thought was a snide comment and here we are

Happened almost three years ago to the day. My memory is awesome. Many call it "epic"

Seems you're still in a state of crippling paranoia over Robtard's Legendary Memory. Relax :0

I have no recollection of this and I have a Ninth Level Memory

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
If we are being honest, Robtard never originally claimed that. People put that on him and he just went with it.

These are the things I can remember (and this took a shit load of time to find):

He calls it epic, awesome, and "ninth level'. That's good enough for me.

Which is why I await proof...

Though I am fair. He doesn't have to admit he doesn't have a legendary memory. He can swap out the word legendary for "epic" or "awesome".

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

My legendary memory is epic, awesome and ninth level.

But reality here is, you're still playing your "baby games" and trying to make this about me because you're unable to cite proof of your claim, sport.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My legendary memory is epic, awesome and ninth level.

But reality here is, you're still playing your "baby games" and trying to make this about me because you're unable to cite proof of your claim, sport.

The reality is your memory is none of those things lol. You've just demonstrated this.

I'll give you a hint with these questions: Are Asians treated fairly? Is the bar for them to gain entry into certain places...higher than it is for other races?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 10:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

IOW: More "baby games". Who has time for that shit.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 11:02 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh just ignore the squirt.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 11:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote