KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sheev's supremacy debunked.

Sheev's supremacy debunked.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

"Darth Bandon, who had far surpassed Exar Kun in power, could not hold a candle to a teenage Mara Jade, let alone Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history by both Force power and combative ability" - Leland Chee's Ultimate Legends Sourcebook

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 01:01 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
@Sel AP should make a decent thread as an april's fool prank.

PS: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: F-uck your unquotable apostrophes.

That’d be a great prank ngl. He’d need someone else to write it but other than that...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Surprised people like Thor so much.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Since Sidious is no longer supreme, I guess we have a lot of reason to take Kun's quotes placing him close to DE Sidious seriously again. That really means nothing.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:55 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I agree that the Sidious quotes where he's the greatest should only apply to characters that exist at the time, as opposed to the characters that retroactively existed at the time.

Otherwise it writes them into a corner and they can never surpass Sidious no matter what they do. Character destroys another galaxy? Sub Sidious level.

The issue is, no one has actually written a Sith above Sidious yet. So even if his claims were faulty (which the reasons in this thread are the most pathetic shit ever), who is actually written higher than Sidious? There's only one who comes close and he's not Exar Kunt.

Ancient Power seems like this forum's Carver9

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 04:49 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by The Ellimist
"Darth Bandon, who had far surpassed Exar Kun in power, could not hold a candle to a teenage Mara Jade, let alone Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history by both Force power and combative ability" - Leland Chee's Ultimate Legends Sourcebook

Looks legit.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 06:46 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

"Leeland Chee is a ****** **********." - George Lucas, Rolling Stone interview, 2009

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I agree that the Sidious quotes where he's the greatest should only apply to characters that exist at the time, as opposed to the characters that retroactively existed at the time.

Otherwise it writes them into a corner and they can never surpass Sidious no matter what they do. Character destroys another galaxy? Sub Sidious level.

The issue is, no one has actually written a Sith above Sidious yet. So even if his claims were faulty (which the reasons in this thread are the most pathetic shit ever), who is actually written higher than Sidious? There's only one who comes close and he's not Exar Kunt.

Ancient Power seems like this forum's Carver9

And I hope there never is a sith introduced who is more powerful than Darth Sidious. I understand the star wars universe can expand quite greatly and do things which seem stupid at first but then become intrinsic parts of the lore. But the main story of star wars, in my opinion, shouldn't be insulted like that.

Thus, I have no problem with them writing themselves into that limitation, because I'd be glad to never see a non-god darksider more powerful than Sidious.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zentrex
And I hope there never is a sith introduced who is more powerful than Darth Sidious. I understand the star wars universe can expand quite greatly and do things which seem stupid at first but then become intrinsic parts of the lore. But the main story of star wars, in my opinion, shouldn't be insulted like that.

Thus, I have no problem with them writing themselves into that limitation, because I'd be glad to never see a non-god darksider more powerful than Sidious.
I'm not saying that I want more to be introduced, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for statements to apply retroactively to characters introduced after that statement.

Sheev should be more powerful based on what he's done, not because a statement was made 2 years before the character was created. Unless that statement can directly correlate in some way or another.

If a writer wants to create some shitty nonsense character more powerful, the avenue should be there. Darth Omnipotent exists for a story and destroys a different galaxy for example, before dying from choking on a piece of corn. As dumb as that sounds, the option should be open (though handled with more tact), and the statement shouldn't apply to him. Otherwise you get into even worse scaling arguments.

That being said, it is refreshing to see Sheev being the top Sith Puppy still. Other "universes" like to shit all over the prior lore in an effort to one up or just piss off everyone (A little black girl is now way smarter than Reed Richards and Dr Doom for example).

Hell, Sheev still continues to rack up feats and he died a few decades ago.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:58 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zentrex

So you like the taste of Sheev's balls and his salty semen?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I'm not saying that I want more to be introduced, I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for statements to apply retroactively to characters introduced after that statement.

Sheev should be more powerful based on what he's done, not because a statement was made 2 years before the character was created. Unless that statement can directly correlate in some way or another.

If a writer wants to create some shitty nonsense character more powerful, the avenue should be there. Darth Omnipotent exists for a story and destroys a different galaxy for example, before dying from choking on a piece of corn. As dumb as that sounds, the option should be open (though handled with more tact), and the statement shouldn't apply to him. Otherwise you get into even worse scaling arguments.

That being said, it is refreshing to see Sheev being the top Sith Puppy still. Other "universes" like to shit all over the prior lore in an effort to one up or just piss off everyone (A little black girl is now way smarter than Reed Richards and Dr Doom for example).

Darth Sidious is nonsense in terms of feats.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Although it is a statement. It is also retarded. Therefore Lee is retarded. Or he did it for Sheev's balls.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:34 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by MythLord
"With the galaxy now ripe for conquest, the Emperor has become the most powerful Sith Lord of all and a master of the Dark Side of the Force, ordering the extermination of the Jedi Order with the aid of his apprentice, the deadly Darth Vader."
-- Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Volume 1
"Yoda was a master at masking his emotions, but not even he could hide them from the greatest Sith Lord ever known."
-- Clone Wars: Wild Space
"Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh."
-- RotS novel

I mean, even if you "debunk" all of them and prove they aren't 100% concrete, there's still so many of them, across so many sources and so many eras of Star Wars writing that they are obviously pointing to a certain theme. That theme being: Palpatine is the MVP.

Because Star Wars is about Luke, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine? Even the EU. If some high ranking authority were to say openly that X>these characters. Then, they'd be more important than Lucas' characters.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:38 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Well, in the case of Sidious's accolades I think that their relevance doesn't end when new characters are added because the position of Sidious as the top is thematically relevant regardless of exactly which set of characters from past eras have been described. (Also what would be the point of such accolades if they get called into question as soon as someone publishes a book a few months later?)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:52 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

"With the galaxy now ripe for conquest, the Emperor has become the most powerful Sith Lord of all and a master of the Dark Side of the Force, ordering the extermination of the Jedi Order with the aid of his apprentice, the deadly Darth Vader."
-- Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Volume 1

Which doesn't at all imply that this refers to all of history.

"Yoda was a master at masking his emotions, but not even he could hide them from the greatest Sith Lord ever known."
-- Clone Wars: Wild Space

Greatest =! Most powerful

More importantly, this was a novel set in TCW's TV canon, it has no bearing on what was formerly C-canon.

"Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh."
-- RotS novel

None of this says Sheev is the most powerful Sith Lord ever or of all-time. erm

I mean, even if you "debunk" all of them and prove they aren't 100% concrete, there's still so many of them, across so many sources and so many eras of Star Wars writing that they are obviously pointing to a certain theme. That theme being: Palpatine is the MVP.

I don't care if you think that there's a 'certain theme'.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:11 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

@Sel, as opposed to you, something who's ass got ripped so far open that it can't spew anything but sh!t.

Go back to alcoholics anonymous already.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:17 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting.

--The Complete Visual Dictionary

When Yoda crosses sabers with the movie's arch-villain, he doesn't launch into a pinwheeling display of acrobatics, as he did against Count Dooku in Episode II. Instead, Yoda faces the dark side's fury, channeled by the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Insider #86: Yoda's Right Arm

Emperor Zaarin? The idea isn't as ludicrous as it sounds. Demetrius Zaarin gambled everything on an audacious coup d'état and nearly killed the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever known.

--Insider #66: Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals

And what of the Emperor? He was mighty in the Force, perhaps the mightiest being who has ever lived.

--Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:22 PM
Freedon Nadd

AP already debunked these.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:27 PM
Freedon Nadd

Well, in the case of Sidious's accolades I think that their relevance doesn't end when new characters are added because the position of Sidious as the top is thematically relevant regardless of exactly which set of characters from past eras have been described. (Also what would be the point of such accolades if they get called into question as soon as someone publishes a book a few months later?)

This is the specific version of why writers keep sucking up Lucas' characters' balls.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:30 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ell, did you even read the OP? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:42 PM