KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Apocalypse vs. DCAU Superman

Apocalypse vs. DCAU Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Watch the cartoon
No, post the feats. smile

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Stomped the X-Men several times, went giant and disintegrated them, even (Cable had to alter history to prevent that from happening).

Described himself as being as above mutants as mutants are above humans.

Cyclops stated that despite their best coordinated attacks, they weren't able to put a scratch on Apoc. Wolverine's claws, Rogue's strength, Archangel trying to exploit "weak spots", nothing worked.

He ruled the Earth in future, and even a celestial ship in TAS couldn't find any weakness in Apocalypse.

About TP, remember when Xavier tried to touch his mind or was searching him, when Apocalypse blasted him away, almost putting him in coma, the same with Jean when she was blasted away by him when she tried to touch his mind.

He was a powerhouse in TAS and also Evolution Apocalypse destroys JLU Superman.

TAS Apoc was basically what DCAU Darkseid wished to be.

Indeed thumb up

Last edited by Inedian on May 19th, 2018 at 08:09 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2018 08:00 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by NemeBro
No, post the feats. smile

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Watched this video, then watched a video in the recommended of him fighting Cable, wow it's weird how in none of these videos I'm seeing feats that would put him on par with Superman in strength and much less in speed. So where are the feats that imply he'd dominate him in a physical battle now?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 05:54 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Yeah, lmao. Killing the X-men is something DCAU Superman could do with a glance.

He grew really big and destroyed a building? So??? Lmao, DCAU Superman would literally throw him into the sun. laughing

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:23 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If it was just Superman TAS Supes I could see Apocalypse winning here, but with the better combat feats and stuff DCAU Supes got in the Justice League cartoons, it's a pretty assured win for him here. TAS Apocalypse is a perfect depiction of how powerful he ought to be though, in relation to the X-Men and everything. /shrug

edit: First post says JLU Superman, which is when DCAU Supes is at his best, like when he "cuts loose" against an even more powerful Darkseid, so yeah.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 23rd, 2018 at 06:16 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:10 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apoc was unbeatable in TAS... never got KO'd or damaged in a physical combat, really...

Superman is not stomping anyone. He's the one getting stomped, if anything.

I didn't see the movie but that looks good ! big grin

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:35 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Apocalypse shits on him with a gesture.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:44 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Trocity
Apocalypse shits on him with a gesture.
Nice argument, care to back it up with anything?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 11:40 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Apoc killing Rogue is pretty neat. She did alright against Gladiator.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 11:52 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by RealityWarper
I didn't see the movie but that looks good ! big grin

Not a movie. TAS stands for the animated series wink

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Apoc killing Rogue is pretty neat. She did alright against Gladiator.

He stomped her in their other encounters, too.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:41 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman beats the shit out of the bargain basement Darkseid.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:14 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

erm While he is X-Men's Darkseid equivalent archetype, everything else about him is completely different, with a unique powerset and backstory, and all around effective villain. A discount Darkseid only in feats, but mutants generally aren't as powerful as the best of DC. Would probably put him up there with Grundy going by strength level alone, but yeah.

edit: Oh yeah, comic Apoc restrained the Hulk with one arm, but this is TAS Apocalypse, so IDK.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 24th, 2018 at 09:00 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

TAS Apocalypse would get ragdolled by any of the DCAU JLA members, let alone the strongest one of all.

Again, Superman would throw him into the sun- end of story.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 09:45 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Any of the JL members? I don’t see guys like Batman beating Apocalypse unless they had plot armor or something.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:00 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
TAS Apocalypse would get ragdolled by any of the DCAU JLA members, let alone the strongest one of all.

Don't pretend like you watched X-Men.

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Again, Superman would throw him into the sun- end of story.

DCAU Supes has no feats proving he can do anything even remotely close to that.

He was barely stronger than Metallo, got the shit beaten out of him by Diana and Mongul almost ended him with a rock...

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:11 AM
NemeBro

DCAU Supes has no feats proving he can do anything even remotely close to that.

He was barely stronger than Metallo, got the shit beaten out of him by Diana and Mongul almost ended him with a rock...
All of those characters would body Apocalypse based on what I've seen. One would imagine if you had any showings demonstrating Apoc or the people he's beaten's superiority over Clark you'd do so, but then, you are rather stupid, so it is entirely possible that you simply lack the ability to discern what about Apoc is actually impressive. He might very well beat Clark. I came into this thread thinking about the wrong Apoc and was at first of the impression Apocalypse would win. It's a shame that you're too dumb to prove it.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:03 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It doesn't help that most of the best youtube videos of TAS Apocalypse (at least that I knew of) seem to have been taken down over time. I'd gladly post the ones I remember if they were still there. With how long it's been since I watched X-Men TAS, I don't quite remember all of that Apoc's feats, but he was consistently invulnerable/unstoppable for everyone by conventional means. Growing giant was generally when he was at his strongest, but even at normal size he usually kicked the X-Men's asses on a regular basis, and as far as what I remember of durability, not even Wolverine's adamantium claws could put a scratch/dent in his armor (I'd at least post the gif of that part if I could find it again, but alas). TAS Apocalypse was also repeatedly said to be immortal, except when his lazarus chambers were gone, but JLU Supes knocking him out with a few serious punches would still be enough to do him I reckon, but as far as the strongest DCAU characters TAS Apocalypse could match, ya got me. /shrug

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 26th, 2018 at 04:37 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 04:28 AM
NemeBro

I'm not even really asking for a video, just relevant powerscaling, something like "Apocalypse took Colossus' best punch and floored him in one hit and then countered a blitz by Quicksilver, when Colossus punched a city in half and Quicksilver is able to outrun lightning".

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:26 AM