KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Y: The Last Man (FX)

Y: The Last Man (FX)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I enjoyed the first episode but, yeah, I’m not the least bit surprised that basic biology would be rewritten for the “woke brigade”. I rolled my eyes at “cisgender” being in the Hulu description of the episode menu. I think it’ll be a good series, but very pandering.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2021 11:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

really wasn't impressed.. Why is he called Y????

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 03:18 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

His name is Yorick.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 12:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
His name is Yorick.

So the last Y chromosome can conveniently be called Y?

Not sure if clever is just silly.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 01:37 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

His name is Yorick.

what type skills does he have?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 07:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what type skills does he have?

He’s an escape artist.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

He’s an escape artist.

that's all?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 03:25 AM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that's all?

It’s not a superhero story.

It’s a science fiction graphic novel about a global pandemic where all men die, except Yorick, and all women still live.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 09:36 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoyed the first ep, not sure of the backlash it's gotten from sensitive male types.

So far all we know is some disease, attack or other event caused all men (except the protagonist) to die, it's not some anti-male show thus far just because of that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 09:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It’s not a superhero story.

It’s a science fiction graphic novel about a global pandemic where all men die, except Yorick, and all women still live.

thanks matt

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 09:21 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

My only real complaint after the first episode is that none of the characters are really that likeable.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 12:03 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

How I felt about Parallel Paradise.

The spinoff for men of culture.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 12:15 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this episode was much better

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 11:13 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I actually warmed to Yorick in episode 2 then he went right back to being an idiot from that point. I'd suggest that this show change it's title to People Making Stupid Emotional Decisions, but then The 100 would need a new name.

It's improving slightly but I'm still not really rooting for anyone so to speak, maybe Agent 355 or whatever her name is, her 'get the job done' attitude is interesting.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2021 09:01 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This show is beginning to lose my interest. I’m on episode 5 and there have been multiple instances of characters saying “Not everyone with a Y chromosome is a man”, “All the Y chromosome carries on Earth died, but not all men”, and especially “There’s no such thing as men and women” more than two genders shit.

The “woke PC” washing adaptation of this amazing and acclaimed graphic novel isn’t at all surprising to me. This is gonna be a travesty

Old Post Oct 1st, 2021 05:22 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, I can see the woke on the horizon too, as long as it's not rampant it's bearable. That Asian geneticist needs to be bludgeoned to death though, don't care that she might be able to find answers, if someone is going to be that unpleasant, I'd rather not have any answers.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2021 01:17 PM
Impediment
Endless

I’ve decided to drop this show. It’s painfully slow and the stupid language is irritating.

The graphic novel is light years better

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 09:51 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I’ve decided to drop this show. It’s painfully slow and the stupid language is irritating.

The graphic novel is light years better

Think I'll probably do the same, might give it another episode or two, still hoping they'll find a way to use Marin Ireland's acting talent properly. As charming as Diane Lane is, she's not charming enough to carry a show full of shitty characters, don't think anyone is really and I lose respect for Agent 355 every time she doesn't blow Yorick's or Dr. Mann's heads off or push them off a cliff or something.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2021 12:53 PM
Impediment
Endless

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-205338426.html

Cancelled and I’m glad.

This series was a slap in the face to the legacy of the brilliant Vertigo comic.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2021 11:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

On Ep 7 I believe, I think it's an okay enough show despite the lead being a whiny millennial moron. I mostly want to know the how and why of the pandemic.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 07:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote