KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Armitage Hux the biggest tool in Star Wars??

Is Armitage Hux the biggest tool in Star Wars??
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Armitage Hux the biggest tool in Star Wars??

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

He is a Hax.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Probably. I think tool is being generous though.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's better than Maul. Hux has actually been successful occasionally.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

He's...he's a victim of circumstance...(sigh)

Okay, so in the first film, he was trying to be this NAZI-esque sort of crazy person. Nothing too memorable, but y'know, he was trying to emulate the insanity, pointlessness, and the ludicrity of all the kinds of psychopathic destruction someone like him would be causing.

This lead people to react to him by laughing. His delusions of granduer, and his belief that he's really powerful all played into this pathetic character, who would serve terribly as a villain:
https://youtu.be/V--IYoEBdwA?t=11m4s

So, then in the next film, Johnson decided that he was going to exploit this part of Hux's personality, and used it as an excuse to make the villain completely incompetent. This would allow for comic relief, and explain away the problems with Gleeson's last performance.

Domhnall Gleeson, in my opinion, does a great job at what he's trying to do. He even made me laugh a few times with that scream of his, and I don't even like that type of comedy. But yeah, this doesn't serve the plot too well. The villain now just seems incompetent, and makes for a completely unenticing victory. But that's not what TLJ was trying to go for, so I don't care too much.

In universe, his delusions of granduer make sense. He's not up there because he's gifted as a general, or because he's trained or learned or anything, it's because he happened to be able to yell good. Snoke kept him alive to get lots of people indoctrinated. He also believes, falsely, that he's important, but only because that lie is told to him constantly. I don't blame him for being what he is.

tl;dr: bad writing.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 12:53 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

hes right up there with the Jedi Council lol

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:56 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

He's a megalomaniacal unstable homicidial freak!!!!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep. He's a terrible villain. I kinda enjoyed him in TFA what with him tearing up when Starkiller fired but TLJ turned him into an absolute joke. He (and the FO as a whole really) seem to be the neo-nazis to the GE's Nazi Germany. They are pathetic wannabes trying to emulate the presumed "greatness" of their forebearers.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:11 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

starkiller is in TFA? now im definitely not watching that movie (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:19 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys

Geez, you got your wish.. Kenobi > Maul.

Let it go now.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by ares834
Yep. He's a terrible villain. I kinda enjoyed him in TFA what with him tearing up when Starkiller fired but TLJ turned him into an absolute joke. He (and the FO as a whole really) seem to be the neo-nazis to the GE's Nazi Germany. They are pathetic wannabes trying to emulate the presumed "greatness" of their forebearers.
Yeah, and what I also don’t like about the FO is that the seem to be evil, like, just evil’s sake. I mean, the Galactic empire was evil, but from a certain point of view it could be considered a positive organization: it controlled most of the Galaxy, thus preventing a new galaxy-wide war from happening; thanks to its limitless resources it could invest a lot of funds in research and scientific progress; humans within its borders could live a good life; well most aliens could live peacefully, only a very small percentage of them was used as slaves, but 99% of aliens in the galaxy still lived like their human counterparts; hell even criticism was tolerated to a certain extent, at least until the Senate existed, this is still better than North Korea; obviously from other points of view (slavery, lack of true freedom of speech etc) it was bad. But the GE wasn’t really that evil. And if it did something evil it had its reasons behind it. But the FO seems to be evil, like I said, just for evil sake. Like, they had some spare time and nothing to do, why not invade the galaxy? Yeah, why not kill innocent civilians because of raisins? FO is like a typical Disney villain, it was born to be evil, it’s its nature, you know, like there are 0 valid reasons for the bad things it does. Yeah, the reason is to imitate the GE, but imo the movies make them look like a bunch of kids who pretend to behave like adults

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

the link I posted in my post was wrong, it was meant to be this one:

https://youtu.be/mPhosAq2wz0?t=20m58s

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote