KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are your political principles?

What are your political principles?
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What are your political principles?

Simple question, what are your political principles, and how do those impact your positions on policy?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 07:10 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Everything for me starts with the presupposition that each individual is made in the image of God, which indicates the inherent moral worth of each individual that must be upheld and respected by other people and the state, and our capacity as human beings to create the physical and social structures we dwell within, and from there comes the conceptualization of a society built on a harmony and mutual respect between the individual and the overarching social structures.

This leads me to the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism set forth by John Locke, with two overarching political principles the others develop from. The first is Individual Rights, life, liberty, and property, the protection of which must be the highest value of society, to foster mutual tolerance and respect towards the cultivation of the dignity of every person. The second of which is that of the Social Contract, the social and legal structure emergent from the articulation and creation of human beings banded together for the protection of their individual rights, to which some sacrifices must be made.

From there stems my other points of political principle:

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of expression is a necessary and fundamental pillar of a free society, because it is the mechanism by which we think, express ourselves, understand other people, keep our society functioning, and continue a conversation spanning back thousands of years responsible for the development and progress of human civilization well beyond our rate of biological evolution. The fact that we possess the capacity for articulate speech is one of the most important, fundamental, and powerful things about who we are, and as such it is one of our most essential freedoms that must be preserved. Thus aside from speech that serves as evidence of one's involvement in criminal activity or perjury, the individual's speech must not be infringed upon by the government.

Democracy
Some form of Constitutional Democracy (such as a democratic republic) is the best way for a free citizenry to maintain a state and resist tyranny, it is the link between the individual and the overarching societal structure so that the individuals within a society may adopt the responsibility for maintaining and rejuvenating the structures we dwell within. In this respect it is also important to have an armed populace, such that the people within a nation may serve as a check against the tyranny of the state.

Economic Freedom/Capitalism
Property rights that begin with personal self-ownership and private property creates the most productive societies.
Private property is important because of how it connects to the individual, it becomes an extension of their own personal expression (similar to speech), and also becomes a mechanism for self-actualization and the cultivation of virtue and competency, the development of skill (such as someone cultivating skill through something like a skateboard or video game), personal responsibility (the maintenance and caring for one's own property like a house (cleaning your room will cultivate your ability to keep the things around you in order), and the extension of the influence of the individual to being able to carve a slice of the world out for themselves where they can be secure as well as being able to reach out to other people and extend their sovereignty beyond themselves in order to more effectively participate in the process of generating the physical and social structures we dwell within. It is because of the nature of property, it's cultivation of the individual and their influence, and the harnessing of the merits and virtues of the individual that capitalism is such an effective system at generating wealth and prosperity, as well as social ties between individuals reliant on each other for a better life.

Blind Justice
Each individual should be governed by the same laws as their peers without arbitrary discrimination and be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a fair trial.
Whereas democracy is one side of the mediation between the individual and social contract, the arbitration of justice is the other messier side of that coin. To maintain the social contract and protect the rights of the innocent it is sometimes necessary for individuals to face the revocation of some of their property or liberty through criminal justice proceedings, however the protection of the individual must be paramount in this process in order to try and err on the side of protecting the individual from state force. Thus the necessity of a fair trial, the governance of individuals by the same laws as their peers, and the presumption of innocence must be built into this process.

Separation of Church and State
The Separation of Church and State is necessary to protect the individual from having the religion of another thrust upon them, and to protect religious institutions from the state (so long as they do not violate the rights of others). Religion should not be instantiated in the law, and individuals should not have their religious freedom impeded upon by the state. This does not mean however that law cannot be based upon values or culture derived from religion, (for example a religious person could push the pro-life position because their religious values lead to a respect for the sanctity of life, and that would not be thrusting religious practice on the populace), however culture must be the buffer and mediator between religion and the state. Additionally, in regards to separation of Church and state I do not think the state should tax religious institutions, but I think that carries the caveat that religious institutions shouldn't lobby... so basically a tradeoff IMO where a religious institution can have tax exemption or lobbying but not both.

Self-reliance
People possess agency and should be treated as such because treating people like victims becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
When this principle falls by the wayside a few things happen. First individuals become infantilized and weakened, trapped in a self-defeating loop the individual doesn't trust themself to escape, and this exacerbates issues such as poverty. And when this principle falls by the wayside in government we see the erosion of individual rights, the personal liberty of a person to make their own life decisions when the government decides a person isn't self-reliant and must be protected from themselves, or the erosion of property rights as a government sets up the economic system more around the principle of a safety net and redistribution of wealth rather than the protection of individual rights.

National Interest
On the basis of the social contract for the protection of the rights of the individuals who dwell within and make sacrifices to the maintenance of that contract, the state has an obligation to its own people before any other, which is something that should be seen reflected in something like immigration policy. Regulated borders are thus necessary to ensure the protection of the individuals within a nation from the malevolence of anyone outside of the nation (ie. terrorists or violent criminals), or the exploitation of a nation's economic prosperity to the detriment of its own citizens (such as the migrants in Germany coming for that Merkel money), as well as the preservation of the culture within a society. Additionally this principle of national interest and respect for the social contract extends to international relations. I am not opposed to international diplomacy or agreements, but the structure of international diplomacy must be severely restricted in its capacity governance of the individuals within a nation, because international governance is removed from the input of the individual an order of magnitude more than the national government, which is too much a divide, which sets me into opposition to organizations such as the European Union. This principle could also be extended to a favorable attitude of devolution of power within a nation.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 07:13 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quite the idealist you are DMD.

My guiding principles (not just political) are:

Eat or be eaten

Everything is a means to an end

The majority of people are helpless and too ignorant to survive without being dependent on others (with the end being complete interdependence on the state and/or large companies)

Individualization is an antiquated model that's being eroded away by 21st globalization and mass media.

The illusion of civil rights, democracy, what DMD said, etc is nothing more than a facade to appease the masses (at least at the national level).

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 07:49 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

As someone who moves from Country to Country working, I have a globalist opinion. Individual states and countries mean little to me, people mean more. I strive to improve communication between people. Most people do not have the skillset of qualification to live my kind of life, as a result, they think in a small-minded and bigoted fashion. Often only for personal gain. it's sad.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 07:58 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

you sound like a migrant sympathiser putinbot

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 08:33 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I will always sympathise with the displaced Beni. I've seen it from Cambodia to Somalia and many, many places in between over the years.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 08:53 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Putinbot1
As someone who moves from Country to Country working, I have a globalist opinion. Individual states and countries mean little to me, people mean more. I strive to improve communication between people. Most people do not have the skillset of qualification to live my kind of life, as a result, they think in a small-minded and bigoted fashion. Often only for personal gain. it's sad.

So you are an Elitist that costs by on the Power of Your White Privilage? Hmmm Not surprised by that.

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Nice to see the British Privileges are still set at the dry snark setting.

Originally posted by Kurk
Quite the idealist you are DMD.

My guiding principles (not just political) are:

Eat or be eaten

Everything is a means to an end

The majority of people are helpless and too ignorant to survive without being dependent on others (with the end being complete interdependence on the state and/or large companies)

Individualization is an antiquated model that's being eroded away by 21st globalization and mass media.

The illusion of civil rights, democracy, what DMD said, etc is nothing more than a facade to appease the masses (at least at the national level).

Kurk is a horrible person.

I approve.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 08:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So you are an Elitist that costs by on the Power of Your White Privilage? Hmmm Not surprised by that.

Nice to see the British Privileges are still set at the dry snark setting.

Kurk is a horrible person.

I approve.

Thing is, in real life I would just beat you up.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 08:58 PM
Flyattractor

Thing is, in real life I would just beat you up.

Thing is. I am sure you think you can.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Thing is. I am sure you think you can.
Thing is, I would.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:00 PM
Silent Master

^

Internet tough guy

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:02 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
^

Internet tough guy
No, that's you with your war stories. Me, I eat sqauddies for breakfast. I have never seen a soldier win a bar fight, ever.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:03 PM
Silent Master

^
See what I mean, Classic internet tough guy

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:05 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
^
See what I mean, Classic internet tough guy
Classic Internet soldier.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:06 PM
Flyattractor

No, that's you with your war stories. Me, I eat sqauddies for breakfast. I have never seen a soldier win a bar fight, ever.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:09 PM
riv6672

I love my Country. I dont always agree w. my Government.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Everything for me starts with the presupposition that each individual is made in the image of God, which indicates the inherent moral worth of each individual that must be upheld and respected by other people and the state, and our capacity as human beings to create the physical and social structures we dwell within, and from there comes the conceptualization of a society built on a harmony and mutual respect between the individual and the overarching social structures.

This leads me to the political philosophy of Classical Liberalism set forth by John Locke, with two overarching political principles the others develop from. The first is Individual Rights, life, liberty, and property, the protection of which must be the highest value of society, to foster mutual tolerance and respect towards the cultivation of the dignity of every person. The second of which is that of the Social Contract, the social and legal structure emergent from the articulation and creation of human beings banded together for the protection of their individual rights, to which some sacrifices must be made.

From there stems my other points of political principle:

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of expression is a necessary and fundamental pillar of a free society, because it is the mechanism by which we think, express ourselves, understand other people, keep our society functioning, and continue a conversation spanning back thousands of years responsible for the development and progress of human civilization well beyond our rate of biological evolution. The fact that we possess the capacity for articulate speech is one of the most important, fundamental, and powerful things about who we are, and as such it is one of our most essential freedoms that must be preserved. Thus aside from speech that serves as evidence of one's involvement in criminal activity or perjury, the individual's speech must not be infringed upon by the government.

Democracy
Some form of Constitutional Democracy (such as a democratic republic) is the best way for a free citizenry to maintain a state and resist tyranny, it is the link between the individual and the overarching societal structure so that the individuals within a society may adopt the responsibility for maintaining and rejuvenating the structures we dwell within. In this respect it is also important to have an armed populace, such that the people within a nation may serve as a check against the tyranny of the state.

Economic Freedom/Capitalism
Property rights that begin with personal self-ownership and private property creates the most productive societies.
Private property is important because of how it connects to the individual, it becomes an extension of their own personal expression (similar to speech), and also becomes a mechanism for self-actualization and the cultivation of virtue and competency, the development of skill (such as someone cultivating skill through something like a skateboard or video game), personal responsibility (the maintenance and caring for one's own property like a house (cleaning your room will cultivate your ability to keep the things around you in order), and the extension of the influence of the individual to being able to carve a slice of the world out for themselves where they can be secure as well as being able to reach out to other people and extend their sovereignty beyond themselves in order to more effectively participate in the process of generating the physical and social structures we dwell within. It is because of the nature of property, it's cultivation of the individual and their influence, and the harnessing of the merits and virtues of the individual that capitalism is such an effective system at generating wealth and prosperity, as well as social ties between individuals reliant on each other for a better life.

Blind Justice
Each individual should be governed by the same laws as their peers without arbitrary discrimination and be presumed innocent until proven guilty by a fair trial.
Whereas democracy is one side of the mediation between the individual and social contract, the arbitration of justice is the other messier side of that coin. To maintain the social contract and protect the rights of the innocent it is sometimes necessary for individuals to face the revocation of some of their property or liberty through criminal justice proceedings, however the protection of the individual must be paramount in this process in order to try and err on the side of protecting the individual from state force. Thus the necessity of a fair trial, the governance of individuals by the same laws as their peers, and the presumption of innocence must be built into this process.

Separation of Church and State
The Separation of Church and State is necessary to protect the individual from having the religion of another thrust upon them, and to protect religious institutions from the state (so long as they do not violate the rights of others). Religion should not be instantiated in the law, and individuals should not have their religious freedom impeded upon by the state. This does not mean however that law cannot be based upon values or culture derived from religion, (for example a religious person could push the pro-life position because their religious values lead to a respect for the sanctity of life, and that would not be thrusting religious practice on the populace), however culture must be the buffer and mediator between religion and the state. Additionally, in regards to separation of Church and state I do not think the state should tax religious institutions, but I think that carries the caveat that religious institutions shouldn't lobby... so basically a tradeoff IMO where a religious institution can have tax exemption or lobbying but not both.

Self-reliance
People possess agency and should be treated as such because treating people like victims becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
When this principle falls by the wayside a few things happen. First individuals become infantilized and weakened, trapped in a self-defeating loop the individual doesn't trust themself to escape, and this exacerbates issues such as poverty. And when this principle falls by the wayside in government we see the erosion of individual rights, the personal liberty of a person to make their own life decisions when the government decides a person isn't self-reliant and must be protected from themselves, or the erosion of property rights as a government sets up the economic system more around the principle of a safety net and redistribution of wealth rather than the protection of individual rights.

National Interest
On the basis of the social contract for the protection of the rights of the individuals who dwell within and make sacrifices to the maintenance of that contract, the state has an obligation to its own people before any other, which is something that should be seen reflected in something like immigration policy. Regulated borders are thus necessary to ensure the protection of the individuals within a nation from the malevolence of anyone outside of the nation (ie. terrorists or violent criminals), or the exploitation of a nation's economic prosperity to the detriment of its own citizens (such as the migrants in Germany coming for that Merkel money), as well as the preservation of the culture within a society. Additionally this principle of national interest and respect for the social contract extends to international relations. I am not opposed to international diplomacy or agreements, but the structure of international diplomacy must be severely restricted in its capacity governance of the individuals within a nation, because international governance is removed from the input of the individual an order of magnitude more than the national government, which is too much a divide, which sets me into opposition to organizations such as the European Union. This principle could also be extended to a favorable attitude of devolution of power within a nation.

Interesting read, thanks.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 09:12 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 10:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 10:06 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 10:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote