KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Trust me kid, I don't need to brag. I lifted more than most kids dabbling with gear before my first course. Team America have more people to draw from than the whole of Europe and the worlds strongest man is still a Brit. wink

Good for the britssmile Those folks sacrifice alot to achieve those goals, if the Brits win it over the USA then I say good on them.

One thing that is difficult for many people to grasp is the sacrifice athletes make to achieve their goals. In the USA we don't support our amateur athletes as well as other countries.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:34 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Originally posted by snowdragon
Good for the britssmile Those folks sacrifice alot to achieve those goals, if the Brits win it over the USA then I say good on them.

One thing that is difficult for many people to grasp is the sacrifice athletes make to achieve their goals. In the USA we don't support our amateur athletes as well as other countries.
You have scholarships to universities for them, something most countries don't do.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:36 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

You have scholarships to universities for them, something most countries don't do.

You and I both know scholarships are for academics and do not help you perform in athletics unless you mean, of course, it eases financial responsibilities so they stress less.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:48 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Originally posted by snowdragon
You and I both know scholarships are for academics and do not help you perform in athletics unless you mean, of course, it eases financial responsibilities so they stress less.
Another example of "Academic Integrity" falling by the wayside in the US is just how some of the academic scholarships are attained. wink

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:52 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Who cares! There are far better things to worry about then sports, and which country as more medals.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 06:16 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Well, actually population should have exactly that effect.

I'll grant you the British Isles isn't the best choice because we have proven time and time again we are a bit special and even though we are only one and a half states in population, if you scale us up to your size nobody else in the world would win anything. As for MMA, the rules favour wrestlers and tbh, the modern UFC is pretty much just a way for poor strikers and college wrestlers to pretend they are martial artists.

Pride rules were much fairer.

I say Khmer boxing rules all round for striking + football kicks to the head. Now that's real MMA.

But, it doesn't.

While I preferred most of Pride rules too, UFC rules don't favor wrestlers over anyone. When you can wall walk and guard stall for a ref reset, there's definitely added work for the wrestler. Pride rules actually helped the wrestler by preventing this. The poor strikers and college wrestlers comment is just bias on your part. Olympic wrestlers and world class strikers abound. They, like everyone else, require adjustments to their game once in MMA environments, so they remove "pure" elements that work better in a single-art environment. That's why it looks different.

Khmer boxing isn't MMA any more than Muay Thai or kickboxing are. You're not going to tune in to GLORY if you want to see ankle picks.
Originally posted by SquallX
Who cares! There are far better things to worry about then sports, and which country as more medals.

I agree. And there's been great athletes from all over the world. I just have too much time on my hands tbh.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 9th, 2018 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 06:18 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
But, it doesn't.

While I preferred most of Pride rules too, UFC rules don't favor wrestlers over anyone. When you can wall walk and guard stall for a ref reset, there's definitely added work for the wrestler. Pride rules actually helped the wrestler by preventing this. The poor strikers and college wrestlers comment is just bias on your part. Olympic wrestlers and world class strikers abound. They, like everyone else, require adjustments to their game once in MMA environments, so they remove "pure" elements that work better in a single-art environment. That's why it looks different.

Khmer boxing isn't MMA any more than Muay Thai or kickboxing are. You're not going to tune in to GLORY if you want to see ankle picks.

I agree. And there's been great athletes from all over the world. I just have too much time on my hands tbh.
World class strikers do not abound, seriously Floyd Mayweather is a world-class striker and I honestly believe he carried McGregor. The lack of downward elbows in the clinch and actually anywhere favours wrestlers as you cannot drop elbows on the top of the head, you can in Khmer boxing.

Hey we had these chats a lot once and in the old days you could see through my motives better.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:37 PM
Flyattractor

You and your enjoyment of watching violence. You should be institutionalized.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

World class strikers do not abound, seriously Floyd Mayweather is a world-class striker and I honestly believe he carried McGregor. The lack of downward elbows in the clinch and actually anywhere favours wrestlers as you cannot drop elbows on the top of the head, you can in Khmer boxing.

Hey we had these chats a lot once and in the old days you could see through my motives better.

Nah, there's plenty. Wonderboy, Joanna, Valentina, Overeem, etc. Plenty of people of people could outstrike Mayweather in UFC though. There's more to striking than boxing. Heck, Mayweather would get mauled under the same Thai-style rules you're mentioning. We've already seen the pure boxing vs Muay Thai/kickboxing style-against-style days. Almost never ended well for the boxer. Punches+kicks/knees/elbows > punches only. UFC 223 just reinforced that too with Kyle/Kabit and Moicano/Katar.

Ah. I admit you fooled me, although I had a hunch. Nice to see you lmao.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 9th, 2018 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:49 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Nah, there's plenty. Wonderboy, Joanna, Valentina, Overeem, etc. Plenty of people of people could outstrike Mayweather in UFC though. There's more to striking than boxing. Heck, Mayweather would get mauled under the same Thai-style rules you're mentioning.

Ah. I admit you fooled me, although I had a hunch. Nice to see you lmao.
Nice to see you too smile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:52 PM
Flyattractor

Nice to see you too smile

Something NO ONE has ever said about Pootybutt.

smokin'

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Something NO ONE has ever said about Pootybutt.

smokin'
No crazy rightist anyway smile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:59 PM