KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why is American High School Education like American Sport generally so poor?

Why is American High School Education like American Sport generally so poor?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is American High School Education like American Sport generally so poor?

https://www.tes.com/news/school-new...ths-and-reading

America in League tables doesn't even make the top 30 countries for maths at 15 and is behind many non-English speaking countries in English.

Why are American kids behind the rest of the first world?

Secondary Question, has this lack of education led them to be overly influenced by the Internet and vacuous youtube talking heads?

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 8th, 2018 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:34 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

PISA is a joke, so this doesn't really have any merit. US News ranks the US number 2 in the world when looking at the primary school to the high school. Regarding high schools specifically, the Huffington Post has a good article assessing the literature.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:43 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
PISA is a joke, so this doesn't really have any merit. US News ranks the US number 2 in the world when looking at the primary school to the high school. Regarding high schools specifically, the Huffington Post has a good article assessing the literature.

You see here's the problem, he seems like he's looking for a discussion, but he's just gonna dismiss you as someone not worth having a conversation with and only listen to people who already agree with him.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:44 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd wager all the shitty Charter schools have something to do with it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:44 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks to me like the truth hurts DMB and DS. Wahwahwah kids. America doesn't like standardised testing, the resistance to NGSS and CCS prove this. Funny stuff tbh.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 06:50 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Seems America is doing well to me. Room for a bit of improvement, though. I didn't think we were that high. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I should be a bit more proud about American Educational achievement.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Looks to me like the truth hurts DMB and DS. Wahwahwah kids. America doesn't like standardised testing, the resistance to NGSS and CCS prove this. Funny stuff tbh.

We have so many standardized tests over here. I will probably take 11 over the next 3 years.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:03 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because of the hillbilly hicks

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:29 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Seems America is doing well to me. Room for a bit of improvement, though. I didn't think we were that high. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I should be a bit more proud about American Educational achievement.
Haha, I guess that's an interesting American mathematical perspective DDM. I would have chosen "of" instead of about... but then I learnt English in the UK. wink

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:30 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have so many standardized tests over here. I will probably take 11 over the next 3 years.
A great deal of them rely on the American Education systems old friend, the multiple choice question.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:33 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

america seems like a very stupid and unathletic country, yeah

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:39 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
america seems like a very stupid and unathletic country, yeah
I'm being mildly disingenuous Beni, but I find the need these kids here have to tell us they are intelligent, when most of them haven't finished school or chosen a path in life is the sort of ludicrous idiocy you could only get on the internet. Especially when most of them can barely string a sentence together.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 8th, 2018 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:42 PM
Christina B

I dunno, but I'm going back to college and learning German, maybe a BA in German online at Oregon State University, tho I live in the Orlando, FL area. I also went back and took violin lessons. I was originally a piano major and did well in Intro to Music Lit. I was maybe going to take Music Appreciation at a community college in the summer and maybe remedial Intermediate Math online then too, which FAFSA I think pays for or at least loans for, given what I need left to graduate and how many classes I've taken. The Music Appreciation is for my own ego and education.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 07:49 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What do you see yourself doing career wise?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:13 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What do you see yourself doing career wise?
Me? A violinist in a travelling orchestra in Germany.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 09:15 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I will point out the influence of sports on the american education system. There are plenty of documentaries out there discussing how higher education is messed up due to sports. Long story short, schools are incentivized to spend A LOT of money on their athletic facilities, programs, etc over academics.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:12 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Because its run by Leftist Extremists. They RUIN Everything they TOUCH!!!!!!

Much the same way that PootyBot is TOUCHED in the head.

Boop Boop Beep Beep.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kurk
Also I will point out the influence of sports on the american education system. There are plenty of documentaries out there discussing how higher education is messed up due to sports. Long story short, schools are incentivized to spend A LOT of money on their athletic facilities, programs, etc over academics.

Agree. I don’t believe a College coach should be given a six yearly figures compare to the Math teacher.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:27 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Same should go for all Sports. And The Entertainment Industries as well.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:28 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

US News ranks the US number 2 in the world

No bias there -_-

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:40 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote