KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Kids and Ehitler

Kids and Ehitler
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Anyway, this is going nowhere, you kids will defend far-right ideology and I will attack it and you will defend it etc.

Kids these days, pfft.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean the left are the ones attacking pride parades and feminism for not being intersectional enough, and telling lighter skinned black people to check their privilege.

Just because someone says you should defend the left doesn't mean you are extreme.

There are several posters here that have a very hard time trimming down definitions and words because their goal is to be right over having a valid discussion.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:42 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Kids these days, pfft.
wink No different to any other day really Rob.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:44 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

A Psychologist did some research on the post-Millennial generation (Gen Z or iGen):

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ar...eration
s

She calls them the 'iGens."

She feels that her research has as isolated 11 key things that are different about iGens compared to previous generations.

For example:

quote:
iGens, more than other generations, are respectful and inclusive of diversity of many kinds. Yet as a result, they reject offensive speech more than any earlier generation, and they are derided for their “fragility” and need for “trigger warnings” and “safe spaces.”

They are more accepting and care for others but they are more likely to want to stifle what they deem as offensive speech.

Generation Z highlights:

quote:
Gen Z is smarter with money than Millennials. In fact, 12% are already saving for retirement and a significant 21% of this generation of people ages 14 to 21 had a savings account before the age of ten!

Generation Z is shaping up to be a true "throwback generation," already working, saving money, and determined not to end up like Millennials. 77% of Gen Z currently earn their own spending money through freelance work, a part time job, or earned allowance. This is a powerful finding given that this is also true for about the same percentage of Millennials surveyed, who are ten years older!

Gen Z is primed to become more influential than Millennials, and it’s happening quickly. Their practical and fiscally conservative behavior is making them part of businesses and our economy even at their young age.

http://genhq.com/gen-z-2017/

In other words, the speculations the SWS makes in the OP is the opposite of what the research shows. They are more inclusive, less racist, more responsible with money, and more forward thinking than previous generations.

When we explore actual research, we see that Baby Boomers like SWS are out of touch with reality and are consuming too much curated news from the tele and Pop-Media sites.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Digi
Is this serious? Or just trolling? Generalizations and /shakefisting at the next generation are boring and cliche. Data or gtfo with this.

It's trolling, just look at his other threads.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
It's trolling, just look at his other threads.

He's a career troll. He makes no secret of it. Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by dadudemon
He's a career troll. He makes no secret of it. Happy Dance

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:13 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Psychologist did some research on the post-Millennial generation (Gen Z or iGen):

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ar...eration
s

She calls them the 'iGens."

She feels that her research has as isolated 11 key things that are different about iGens compared to previous generations.

For example:

They are more accepting and care for others but they are more likely to want to stifle what they deem as offensive speech.

Generation Z highlights:

http://genhq.com/gen-z-2017/

In other words, the speculations the SWS makes in the OP is the opposite of what the research shows. They are more inclusive, less racist, more responsible with money, and more forward thinking than previous generations.

When we explore actual research, we see that Baby Boomers like SWS are out of touch with reality and are consuming too much curated news from the tele and Pop-Media sites.

I don't usually take just one study, I would be interested if you can find a few over a period of years and a metadata Analysis. Otherwise, all we have is an indicator. Add a hyphen between forward and think DDM and perhaps one between much and curated all though that's less obvious.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

and perhaps one between much and curated all though that's less obvious.
(please log in to view the image)

The news has been curated, and they're watching too much of it. It has nothing to do with the extent that the news has been curated...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:27 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Much-curated would be a choice. It's right either way.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:29 PM
Scribble

Much-curated would be a choice. It's right either way.
If he used 'much-curated' in that sentence, it would create a fragmented syntax, as the 'too' would have no purpose. Thus, 'much-curated' would not apply in any way in the context that he was using 'much curated' in. Again:
Originally posted by Scribble
The news has been curated, and they're watching too much of it. It has nothing to do with the extent that the news has been curated...

Example: If I said "They watch too much violent television," it wouldn't make any sense to say instead "They watch too much-violent television."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:36 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he used 'much-curated' in that sentence, it would create a fragmented syntax, as the 'too' would have no purpose. Thus, 'much-curated' would not apply in any way in the context that he was using 'much curated' in. Again:

Example: If I said "They watch too much violent television," it wouldn't make any sense to say instead "They watch too much-violent television."
I just copy and pasted into Grammarly it says much-curated too. Try it if you have it and no, it doesn't fragment.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:39 PM
Scribble

I just copy and pasted into Grammarly it says much-curated too. Try it if you have it and no, it doesn't fragment.
I trust my own knowledge of grammar and language, as well as my ability to understand the context of the sentence, over a computer program without understanding of context. Would you be able to explain why 'much-curated' could work within the context of the sentence? The only way I could see it working is if the sentence was instead: "Watching too much much-curated news."

I'm not shitting on Grammarly, I've heard that it can be very good, but I can't trust it in this case without an explanation for why a compound word works in place of two separate words in this specific context. The compound word orphans the 'too' before it.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:45 PM
Flyattractor

A Thread that reached 3 pages in just a few hours?

Better alert the Mods!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 06:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I don't usually take just one study,

Wonderful!

You have two in my post.

I would be interested if you can find a few over a period of years and a metadata Analysis.

No you wouldn't. You're interested in moving the bar so far in the impossible direction so you can pretend to be right. Someone shit on your troll thread with actual research from two sources. Deal with it like an adult instead of posting about "meta-analyses" which you clearly don't know much about.

Otherwise, all we have is an indicator.

You mean two studies on the attitudes and behaviors of Gen Z? Right. thumb up

Add a hyphen between forward and think DDM and perhaps one between much and curated all though that's less obvious.

No, then it would be wrong. And it is "ddm", not "DDM" if you wish to abbreviate my nickname.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:01 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I trust my own knowledge of grammar and language, as well as my ability to understand the context of the sentence, over a computer program without understanding of context. Would you be able to explain why 'much-curated' could work within the context of the sentence? The only way I could see it working is if the sentence was instead: "Watching too much much-curated news."

I'm not shitting on Grammarly, I've heard that it can be very good, but I can't trust it in this case without an explanation for why a compound word works in place of two separate words in this specific context. The compound word orphans the 'too' before it.
Nah, much-curated becomes vivid and adds a little humour, it's actually as simple as that it's the second way you can use a hyphen which is why I said it was a choice. It's a throwaway, it's actually as simple as that.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:19 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And it is "ddm", not "DDM" if you wish to abbreviate my nickname.
i prefer “dadoodoo”

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:20 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

"adds a little humor"

If only Pootybutt would do that to his miss-information.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonderful!

You have two in my post.

No you wouldn't. You're interested in moving the bar so far in the impossible direction so you can pretend to be right. Someone shit on your troll thread with actual research from two sources. Deal with it like an adult instead of posting about "meta-analyses" which you clearly don't know much about.

You mean two studies on the attitudes and behaviors of Gen Z? Right. thumb up

No, then it would be wrong. And it is "ddm", not "DDM" if you wish to abbreviate my nickname.
Actually I know a great deal about Meta-analysis, in the same way long ago I taught you about significance in statistics. Which is why I believe you still are butthurt.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:22 PM
dadudemon

Actually I know a great deal about Meta-analysis, in the same way long ago I taught you about significance in statistics. Which is why I believe you still are butthurt.

Ah, there it is. No longer playing your game with me. Now you go to direct insults. Poor form. You had the option to continue the game but I guess it was too difficult for you.

Quote the thread you're talking about. smile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:27 PM