KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What was your SAT/ACT score?

What was your SAT/ACT score?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Tongue What was your SAT/ACT score?

Post it and also the date, or at least the version as it's changed drastically.

You might notice that I'm being hypocritical and not posting mine, but whatever.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 10:14 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Didn't the potential high scores change like 10 years ago? You may have to define those so that responses are comparing apples to apples. You say to post the date, but that doesn't help us know the differences.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 9th, 2018 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 10:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The differences are on record.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 10:58 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

1,000,000 Verbal

1,000,000 Math

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:04 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

2003/2004 - 34 on English ACT

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:20 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i don't remember. all i know is i did pretty solid in math and screwed the pooch with the other half. to be fair, i never studied or gave a shit because i was kind of a slacker back then. but i did liked the maths.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:34 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

i got 0 points

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:43 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I took mine in 1998 and scored 1380.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:57 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

DMD should've gotten a perfect on the vocab section with that fancy language he's throwing around

Anyway (I'm gonna be brutally honest here so feel free to judge)

SAT (600-2400 version pre 2016)

Took a prep class, took the test twice. First time I was in upper 1700's second time I was in the mid 1800's. Did exceptionally better in non-math sections. Unfortunately it is partially an aptitude/IQ test so I didn't bother trying to retake it. Mediocre score all-around.

ACT: 29

Took it one time. I gave myself the weekend before to prepare with some books from the library and somehow pulled off a (percentile speaking) better score than I did on the SAT with class prep and PSAT exposure. To me this doesn't make any f*cking sense as the math section on the ACT is harder than the SAT yet I scored a 30. Ironically enough, reading, which is what I performed best at on the SAT I performed the worst at on the ACT with a score of 26/27. I don't remember what I got on the other sections.

In the end it doesn't really matter though (to an extent).

Next up is the LSAT.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 01:17 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I am from Illinois, and we take the ACT. I got a 36.

In fact, the year I graduated, my friend Josh, the class valedictorian, and I all got perfect scores on the ACT.

My class rank is only in the 99th percentile though.

Even though I had a weighted 5.0 GPA, I began accumulating high school credit in middle school, so I did not have a full course schedule in my senior year.

Since my school factors credit hours into the ranking calculation, I got bumped along with some of the other AP students.

It did not hurt my admissions, grants, or scholarships though.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:00 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

We never had the SATs where I live. We have an SAT equivalent (the NCEE). Where I scored in the top 99++ percentile (.01%). I was a HUGE slacker tho. Never studied, barely did homework and was more interested in AD&D, PC games and anime. -_-

My wife got a 1450 (or 1460, she can't exactly remember). Her math dragged her score down a bit (she always hated the maths). Mid 90's SAT.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:39 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the UK we don't have SAT we have O-level (now GCSE) taken at 16 and A-levels, Exams where you mainly write essays based on two years of study beyond O-level in chosen subjects, they are narrow, focused exams but still harder than AP or IB in each subject. I took my maths O-level a year early and did further maths in the 5th year (now grade 11) I did 10 O-levels in total, and my lowest grade was a B in only one Exam, this is in the days before A star. I got three straight A's at A-level again this is in the days before A star. In those days O and A levels had no coursework element, unlike US high schools, no continuous assessment like GCSE or High School pass and were entirely on the exam.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 10th, 2018 at 09:28 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 09:24 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Unfortunately it is partially an aptitude/IQ test so I didn't bother trying to retake it.

The SAT/ACT is correlated with IQ but you can still increase your score by quite a bit.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 09:05 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

My ACT score was 31. Scored 35/34/29 in English/Reading/Math, but did poorly in the Science portion. I didn't really study for it beyond taking one of those online PSAT's to get a feel for what I was getting into.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 09:49 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Took it in 1997 in the 8th grade - We were all forced to pay for and take the ACT in the 8th grade at my school as part of their "high school to college" prep strategy.

30/36

That's the only one I took and I didn't have to take them after that.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 10:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I am from Illinois, and we take the ACT. I got a 36.

In fact, the year I graduated, my friend Josh, the class valedictorian, and I all got perfect scores on the ACT.

I remember a conversation we had about this from almost exactly 10 years ago and this is what you said:

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Of my class of approximately 600 students, only one student scored higher than I on the ACT. He received a perfect score, I missed one question in Mathematics, and my friend, Josh, missed one question in English.

Edit - I also remember you telling me about the 5.0 thing but I don't remember when you told me that.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 11:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
The SAT/ACT is correlated with IQ but you can still increase your score by quite a bit.
±only so much. ACT isn't very logic based like the SAT, so I wouldn't associate it with IQ. It comes down to how much you remember from your classes coupled with your ability to work efficiently.

The SATs were always much more correlated with IQ than the ACT (Idk about the new version). Analogies, quantitative reasoning, analytical reading; there's only so much a person can prep for.

Now if you want something that's pretty much an IQ test, try the LSAT. Not a whole lot of prep material even exists for it lol. It's nothing more than a whole bunch of logic games in a short period of time.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 12:51 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

300 point increases in the 2400 SAT from freshman -> senior year aren't that unheard of, and a 100 point jump with a few months of studying is pretty common. Even the LSAT can be gamed to an extent, though I agree it's more IQ-based than any of the college exams.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 02:34 AM
dadudemon

quote:
1. The LSAT is not an IQ test.
Contrary to popular belief, the LSAT does not measure intelligence. Therefore, the test does not render those with higher scores smarter than those with lower scores. The LSAT is one of many factors relied upon by law schools to predict a person's chances of first-year success. The LSAT's predictive value is limited, however, and small variations in scores are insignificant.

http://www.nova.edu/career/resource...hould_know.html

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 03:40 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The LSAT is very strongly correlated with IQ; indeed, by some measures it's about as correlated with an IQ test as IQ tests are correlated with one another.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 03:52 AM