KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are our greatest existential threats?

What are our greatest existential threats?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
So Robtard is conceding to the fact that he would rather have sex, knowing that there's a chance he could contract a deadly disease, than sit it out for a while?

All diseases are potentially deadly, and all sex risks transmission of disease. If you need to feel completely safe, then you will never have sex.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:10 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So SEX it Up Then! Sure you could die but hey, 30 Seconds of Fun versus a extremely shortened life because of it.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

If it only takes you 30 seconds, you're doing it wrong.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:19 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If it only takes you 30 seconds, you're doing it wrong.

Actual Sex is Not Foreplay. Big Diff. The Chase is not the Same as Taking the SHOT!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:24 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Still though 30 seconds, that's pretty embarrassing, even impotent dudes can last longer than that I reckon.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 11:24 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Why would AI be unfriendly? From what I'm getting people fear "laughably incompetent AI" that passes off as dangerous due to misreading stuff we do.

Might as well add "alien weapon that misfired at our direction by accident" to the list.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 11:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

All diseases are potentially deadly, and all sex risks transmission of disease. If you need to feel completely safe, then you will never have sex.
Uh no. Both partners will go through all the tests before doing the deed. The problem is that doesn't work for the promiscuous type.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:44 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Bentley
Why would AI be unfriendly? From what I'm getting people fear "laughably incompetent AI" that passes off as dangerous due to misreading stuff we do.

Perhaps it would judge the free existence of humanity to be against its own self-interest?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:48 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Uh no. Both partners will go through all the tests before doing the deed. The problem is that doesn't work for the promiscuous type.

Many people who are promiscuous test before having sex with new partners, so . . .

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:21 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Many people who are promiscuous test before having sex with new partners, so . . .
If there are, I certainly haven't heard of it. Good for them though.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:22 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm not really a moral fan of sexual promiscuity, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that way. I don't think that level of physical intimacy with someone you aren't emotionally intimate with is a good idea, I think it degrades the level of respect people have for each other, I don't think it's a good practice to make yourself little more than someone else's sexual object, and I think we're seeing the consequences of this casual attitude towards sex through the decline of marriage, the ever increasing single motherhood rate, and the uncertainty around what our sexual standards should be.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either. It'd be a pretty awkward experience doing it with someone you don't know too well. That being said, you just gotta know how and when to switch your mindset. Personally, I'd enjoy being Prince Xizor—taking out my sexual urges on random chicks, then wiping their memories and sending them back on their way. Or if that sounds too Bill Cosby-like maybe just having concubines for "quick deeds" and one wife for emotionally intimate relations also works.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:40 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every 6 months because even if you haven't cheated...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:41 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not really a moral fan of sexual promiscuity, I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that way. I don't think that level of physical intimacy with someone you aren't emotionally intimate with is a good idea, I think it degrades the level of respect people have for each other, I don't think it's a good practice to make yourself little more than someone else's sexual object, and I think we're seeing the consequences of this casual attitude towards sex through the decline of marriage, the ever increasing single motherhood rate, and the uncertainty around what our sexual standards should be.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either. It'd be a pretty awkward experience doing it with someone you don't know too well. That being said, you just gotta know how and when to switch your mindset. Personally, I'd enjoy being Prince Xizor—taking out my sexual urges on random chicks, then wiping their memories and sending them back on their way. Or if that sounds too Bill Cosby-like maybe just having concubines for "quick deeds" and one wife for emotionally intimate relations also works.

Are your stances based on the issue that you two cannot form a sexual relationship with the opposite sex or are your positions based on a mature, healthy, set of experiences that have led you to conclude that this is an effective way for relationships to optimally operate?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Are your stances based on the issue that you two cannot form a sexual relationship with the opposite sex or are your positions based on a mature, healthy, set of experiences that have led you to conclude that this is an effective way for relationships to optimally operate?
You have become me... DDDM stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:07 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean I'm only gonna speak for myself... and not attempt to speak for or parrot the guy talking about mindwiping chicks for sex and having concubines while married and shit and shit...

But no my stance is not based on some pent-up sexual frustration or resentful attitude towards women, but rather upon my respect for emotional intimacy and the institution of marriage, the values I have given a lot of thought to, an observance in the societal ramifications for the shifting cultural attitude towards sex, as well as the notion that a phenomenon as powerful, deeply psychologically ingrained, complicated, and consequential as sex is not something optimally pursued between two strangers.

I don't think this is a particularly extreme position for a person to hold, and in fact I know plenty of happily married people who hold roughly the same stance as myself, and is in fact mainstream in the domain of Christian thought (which is the umbrella I would say my own philosophical worldview falls under).

And if I were truly sexually frustrated, would it not be more in keeping with that motivation for me to adopt and promote a moral framework that makes sexual satisfaction cheaper and more readily available as opposed to one that would hold me to more rigorous and selective standards from the person I'm seeking a sexual relationship with?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:37 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You revealing a lot about yourself today.

Its not coming off well....

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean I'm only gonna speak for myself... and not attempt to speak for or parrot the guy talking about mindwiping chicks for sex and having concubines while married and shit and shit...

But no my stance is not based on some pent-up sexual frustration or resentful attitude towards women, but rather upon my respect for emotional intimacy and the institution of marriage, the values I have given a lot of thought to, an observance in the societal ramifications for the shifting cultural attitude towards sex, as well as the notion that a phenomenon as powerful, deeply psychologically ingrained, complicated, and consequential as sex is not something optimally pursued between two strangers.

I don't think this is a particularly extreme position for a person to hold, and in fact I know plenty of happily married people who hold roughly the same stance as myself, and is in fact mainstream in the domain of Christian thought (which is the umbrella I would say my own philosophical worldview falls under).

And if I were truly sexually frustrated, would it not be more in keeping with that motivation for me to adopt and promote a moral framework that makes sexual satisfaction cheaper and more readily available as opposed to one that would hold me to more rigorous and selective standards from the person I'm seeking a sexual relationship with?
DMB seriously why do you make posts like this, honestly. It's just asking for a damn good trolling.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:41 PM