KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you still use Facebook?

Do you still use Facebook?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you still use Facebook?

We all remember Myspace except Darthskywalker0 who was in his Cot in 2008 and Kurk, DMB, Squall X and Ellimist who were too young to have accounts. People left myspace for destination facebook in 2009. In 2014 I made a personal choice to shut my Facebook account, I had about 1000 "friends", I realised I only talked to about 10 people regularly whom I didn't talk to in real life and maybe 20 others occasionally, I had strange people from Highschool, Rugby Clubs, University and past jobs who I hadn't seen for decades liking posts and pictures, it all seemed weird. Wattsapp came out and I realised I could have groups with the people I cared about and needed to have groups for other purposes. Now we have the data mining scare, I ask who is still on Facebook and if so why? What does Facebook do for you? The only KMCer I ever had on Facebook was Marius, who is a genuinely good guy.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 11th, 2018 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never used Myspace. Was a very late joiner to Facebook, and aside from the "It's XXXX Birth Day Today" reminder, I rarely use it. It's on my phone, can't recall the last time I logged in on a computer.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Never used Myspace. Was a very late joiner to Facebook, and aside from the "It's XXXX Birth Day Today" reminder, I rarely use it. It's on my phone, can't recall the last time I logged in on a computer.
Yeah, it does seem redundant.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Never used Facebook.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:33 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I use it every day to set up ad campaigns!

Although I don't use it for keeping in touch with people nor do I allow my son on the platform.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:45 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
I use it every day to set up ad campaigns!

Although I don't use it for keeping in touch with people nor do I allow my son on the platform.
Out of interest Snow Dragon, genuine question no trolling, do you think Facebook is declining from what you see in advertising revenue?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:48 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Out of interest Snow Dragon, genuine question no trolling, do you think Facebook is declining from what you see in advertising revenue?

Facebook isn't a great platform to sell directly on, it is, however, a good lead generator, list builder, great for CPA marketing (where you just need an email type form signup.) I don't see a decline because it can create instantaneous gratification on micro transactions or downloads.

For direct selling google, yahoo, bing (secondary search engines not included here) with SEO is better.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:54 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Facebook isn't a great platform to sell directly on, it is, however, a good lead generator, list builder, great for CPA marketing (where you just need an email type form signup.)

For direct selling google, yahoo, bing (secondary search engines not included here) with SEO is better.
Do people use Yahoo still, that's very interesing. I think I stopped using Yahoo maybe 98. I've seen loads of Arabs with Yahoo emails though.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:56 PM
Impediment
Endless

I use FB, but it’s become stagnant lately.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Look at the stats: everyone still uses FB, despite the recent security kerfuffle. It lost a sh*t-ton of value, but is still a juggernaut.

It's a social calendar for me. I could take or leave 99% of updates, which is why I unfollow literally everyone (aside from, like, SOs). But I couldn't exist socially without it at this point. Or rather, I could, but it would increase the logistical overhead astronomically.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Digi
Look at the stats: everyone still uses FB, despite the recent security kerfuffle. It lost a sh*t-ton of value, but is still a juggernaut.

It's a social calendar for me. I could take or leave 99% of updates, which is why I unfollow literally everyone (aside from, like, SOs). But I couldn't exist socially without it at this point. Or rather, I could, but it would increase the logistical overhead astronomically.

Pretty much, this is just a small blip in the bigger picture. People will still be addicted to Social Media and FB has close to 1/3rd of the world's population using it in some fashion, from the very passive user like me, to people who can't go an hour without logging on and posting what they ate, the color shirt they're wearing or the circumference of the last turd they plopped into the toilet.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Had an Account. Almost never even Visited it. Deleted it a couple of months before the Big Info Steal.

So HA! Sucks to be those Losers!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:28 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Never used Facebook.
Yea, it wasn't always a big deal to me.

Yes, I still used Facebook. I've had like 50 accounts, but not much happens.

I follow an orchestra from Germany on Facebook and Twitter. I'm flying to see them perform in NYC a day before my birthday. I'm trying to go to Germany for a week of classes with some of them, too. I like one violinist in it but like the rest. I don't know if she'll be at the performance and she's not teaching this time at the school.

Why not get a BlogSpot?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:29 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

No. I disabled my account.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
No. I disabled my account.

^ All the Thai prostitutes he banged but never paid started tracking him down

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:52 PM
Flyattractor

Worked for Bill Clinton.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 07:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Had an Account. Almost never even Visited it. Deleted it a couple of months before the Big Info Steal.

So HA! Sucks to be those Losers!

Are you referring to when it was made public? The actual acquisition of the info happened well before that. Just like how we hear about info-hacks (Yahoo, Ashley Madison, etc.) months or even years after it actually took place. For whatever reason, these things take time to come to light.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway. The amount of info Google and Amazon (among other, smaller players) collects on us is similarly onerous. None of us have anything resembling security or privacy online. Our only defense is the anonymity of large numbers.

But hey, laughing at millions of people for something that's not their fault... thumb up

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 08:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah. It was Months even before that.

But yes. Everyone's Info has been STOLEN at some point.

And I only LAUGH at thoe Facebookers that are ADDCITED to the site and are Stupid enough to put Private Info on a Public Site.

That I DO DO!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 08:16 PM
dadudemon

*Thai ladyboys

Fixed that for you.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 10:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
*Thai ladyboys

Fixed that for you.

Speaking my language buddy.

I use Facebook. I have a large family, lots of cousins and aunts and uncles that live across the country, as well as many online friends from my years at KMC that I keep in touch with via facebook. Without it I'd just lose touch with too many people I care about.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 10:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote