KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you still use Facebook?

Do you still use Facebook?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never touched Facebook.

Putinbot, congratulations. You are one of the few (and the only one on an internet board) to make my list of people I legitimately f*cking loathe.

You're a pretentious pr1ck who will dismiss any notion made by someone under the age of 30 solely due to their age. I can only assume that you do this because you yourself were a 'late-bloomer' who matured at a later age. Oh how so open-minded and wise you claim to be, yet you coward away from any serious arguments made by us 'youngsters'; choosing to instead deflect with impulsive cries of "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and share ass-slaps with Robtard.

You strike me as an entitled, undisciplined job-hopper desperate to accept the first 9-5 gig that comes their way; so much in fact that you settled for a position requiring constant relocation to shithole countries. Well I guess you finally learned from personal experience that the english degree from your adult daycare center doesn't make you hot shit. Too bad it took you 30 years to realize that.

Learn to accept that not everyone is/was as stupid as you were at the age of twenty. Your behavior towards the younger posters on here resemble that which I have seen from middle-aged men who never got a grasp on their lives due to their late entry into adulthood, unintelligent nature, or envy for the lifestyles of other people. Grow the f*ck up and stop trying to cover your insecurities.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:14 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Never touched Facebook.

Putinbot, congratulations. You are one of the few (and the only one on an internet board) to make my list of people I legitimately f*cking loathe.

You're a pretentious pr1ck who will dismiss any notion made by someone under the age of 30 solely due to their age. I can only assume that you do this because you yourself were a 'late-bloomer' who matured at a later age. Oh how so open-minded and wise you claim to be, yet you coward away from any serious arguments made by us 'youngsters'; choosing to instead deflect with impulsive cries of "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" and share ass-slaps with Robtard.

You strike me as an entitled, undisciplined job-hopper desperate to accept the first 9-5 gig that comes their way; so much in fact that you settled for a position requiring constant relocation to shithole countries. Well I guess you finally learned from personal experience that the english degree from your adult daycare center doesn't make you hot shit. Too bad it took you 30 years to realize that.

Learn to accept that not everyone is/was as stupid as you were at the age of twenty. Your behavior towards the younger posters on here resemble that which I have seen from middle-aged men who never got a grasp on their lives due to their late entry into adulthood, unintelligent nature, or envy for the lifestyles of other people. Grow the f*ck up and stop trying to cover your insecurities.

Also, I'm open to debating anything with you. No bullshit drama. What do you have to lose if you're so much more knowledgeably than us youngsters?
I haven't laughed so much at someone so triggered in years. smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:56 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Putinbot1

So still no Humor in you life then.

I can see that.

eek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So still no Humor in you life then.

I can see that.

eek!
Fly, just a tip, you need to get people emotionally involved in your trolling. Till you do, you will never get a complete meltdown. smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:59 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Fly, just a tip, you need to get people emotionally involved in your trolling. Till you do, you will never get a complete meltdown. smile

Why? You don't.

Or is this another example of "Leftists: Don't Practice What you Preach"?

I am betting it is.

smokin'

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:02 AM
rudester
Tommy

Yeah I use Facebook to talk to my exboyfriend.. But he's like no and I'm like yes. I'm going to marry him one day just need to ask him lol

Okay I'm so gay I'm going to stop talking now. Hachacha!!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:08 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:14 AM
CroftAlice

Yes I do,mostly to stay in touch with other tomb raider fans

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:18 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Never touched Facebook.

wow, lol

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 08:50 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I have an account but I don't ever use it except to check birthdays and contact unavailable people.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:55 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nor have I at insecure middle-aged men who delude themselves in a sad attempt to feel superior to minds they envy.

Again, have a debate with us. You claim to have so much more wisdom and knowledge than us after all. This should be easy for you.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:41 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Lost in this - to me - is a discussion of how these sites can be used as valuable tools. We seem to want to just take the high ground and say "Oh, I don't use it much because blah blah blah..." or take pride in not having an account. But while I pride myself on several accounts I never had or no longer have on various sites, there are cool reasons to want to leverage the power of these sites.

My current employer thoroughly looked at my LinkedIn profile, for example, and the fact that I pushed for 500+ contacts (beyond which your profile just lists 500+ instead of the exact number) and filled out a TON of professional accomplishments, probably helped me land the job. Facebook is an amazing way for me to manage my social calendar, and I use it to remember names of "friends" who are on the fringes of my friend groups and hobbies. I've found it mildly useful for dating as well, as following the recent posts of either an SO or a potential love interest can spark discussions organically.

I dropped my Twitter account because it was just a time-sink, and certainly isn't a good platform for nuanced discussion. And wouldn't restart it unless I have a business where I need to build a personal brand, to interact with fans/customer/etc. And I've never had Instagram for similar reasons, but would pick up an account if I started an endeavor that required building an audience and was through a visual medium.

What useful things do you use these for? They're tools like anything else. The security stuff is unfortunate but, for most of us, likely not life-changing. And the rest is up to us.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 12th, 2018 at 02:07 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nor have I at insecure middle-aged men who delude themselves in a sad attempt to feel superior to minds they envy.

Again, have a debate with us. You claim to have so much more wisdom and knowledge than us after all. This should be easy for you.
"please debate with me whirly, I want to mass debate with you." -Kurk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 02:01 PM
SquallX

laughing

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 02:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"please debate with me whirly, I want to mass debate with you." -Kurk
Is that a yes?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 02:54 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Digi
My current employer thoroughly looked at my LinkedIn profile, for example, and the fact that I pushed for 500+ contacts (beyond which your profile just lists 500+ instead of the exact number) and filled out a TON of professional accomplishments, probably helped me land the job. Facebook is an amazing way for me to manage my social calendar, and I use it to remember names of "friends" who are on the fringes of my friend groups and hobbies. I've found it mildly useful for dating as well, as following the recent posts of either an SO or a potential love interest can spark discussions organically.

Your linked in story is on-point and quite awesome. I've also considered writing some LinkedIn blogs about some of the business management and process design stuff to beef up my professional "social network" presence.

One of the most successful business process professionals out there is so successful (she started her own business and she is rolling in so many pleas for her company's services that she cannot hire people fast enough to meet the demand) is because of how positive she is, how large her social network is, and how prolific her blog is.

She found me. She added me. Because I matched some criteria she looks for. Because she wants people like me in her network to see her blogs, posts, and contact her for business.

And it works. Though, I would never ask her for her company's services because we are actually somewhat competing in the same space...

Anyway, yes...that LinkedIn social presence is powerful as hell. It directly translates into dollars and contracts.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 02:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Never touched Facebook.

Don't let him bother you so much. You look pathetic to literally everyone. Even people like me who only want to see you grow, develop, learn, and be successful. It's not okay to let the internet and especially professional trolls like Sir Whirly Splatt, affect you this much. Sign out. Take a breather. Play some video games. Go on a date or 10 with a gal you like. Study cool stuff. Paint. Sculpt. Write poetry, stories, or music. Go camping. Go hiking. Go to the gym and workout. Make some food based on a random recipe you found. Organize your room/junk and make it look nice (and throw away stuff you haven't used or needed in 2 or more years). But don't sign into an internet website full of assholes like me and post lengthy and embarrassing diatribes like that above. It's not okay for you.

Don't wallow in the cesspool of anger and frustration: it's a terrible hole to crawl into. You're a good person. Capitalize on your abilities and good qualities.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't let him bother you so much. You look pathetic to literally everyone. Even people like me who only want to see you grow, develop, learn, and be successful. It's not okay to let the internet and especially professional trolls like Sir Whirly Splatt, affect you this much. Sign out. Take a breather. Play some video games. Go on a date or 10 with a gal you like. Study cool stuff. Paint. Sculpt. Write poetry, stories, or music. Go camping. Go hiking. Go to the gym and workout. Make some food based on a random recipe you found. Organize your room/junk and make it look nice (and throw away stuff you haven't used or needed in 2 or more years). But don't sign into an internet website full of assholes like me and post lengthy and embarrassing diatribes like that above. It's not okay for you.

Don't wallow in the cesspool of anger and frustration: it's a terrible hole to crawl into. You're a good person. Capitalize on your abilities and good qualities.
Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied. I do not let my emotions rule me, and yokels like Putinbot1 certainly don't receive too much of my attention. His unjustified arrogance pisses me off on this site, but that's about it. I'd like to move away from KMC, but I can't find anyone IRL who shares my interests in Star Wars on the level that users here do. That's the only reason why I stick around this cesspitt. I actually became sort of excited the other day when I was getting consistent 502 errors for the site. Turns out it was just my browser.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:25 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol, "honey"

Originally posted by dadudemon
Your linked in story is on-point and quite awesome. I've also considered writing some LinkedIn blogs about some of the business management and process design stuff to beef up my professional "social network" presence.

One of the most successful business process professionals out there is so successful (she started her own business and she is rolling in so many pleas for her company's services that she cannot hire people fast enough to meet the demand) is because of how positive she is, how large her social network is, and how prolific her blog is.

She found me. She added me. Because I matched some criteria she looks for. Because she wants people like me in her network to see her blogs, posts, and contact her for business.

And it works. Though, I would never ask her for her company's services because we are actually somewhat competing in the same space...

Anyway, yes...that LinkedIn social presence is powerful as hell. It directly translates into dollars and contracts.

thumb up

No joke, in the time between my last post and this one, someone asked me about freelance web design work on my FB page. I was proud of my company's recent redesign, which I led, and was just putting it out there for friends to look at who had heard about the project from me. But then, bam, I might have a client.

It might not come to anything. But it was an exciting moment. I can't say I've had other moments like that (other than unsolicited recruiters messaging me on LinkedIn for crap jobs), but I do think it helped me land my current full-time position (which is a good job).

Last edited by Digi on Apr 12th, 2018 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote