KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you still use Facebook?

Do you still use Facebook?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Lol, "honey"

I have several IRL gay friends who call me honey all the time. Only old women, black women, and gay men call me honey. It doesn't bother me at all. smile

thumb up

No joke, in the time between my last post and this one, someone asked me about freelance web design work on my FB page. I was proud of my company's recent redesign, which I led, and was just putting it out there for friends to look at who had heard about the project from me. But then, bam, I might have a client.

It might not come to anything. But it was an exciting moment. I can't say I've had other moments like that (other than unsolicited recruiters messaging me on LinkedIn for crap jobs), but I do think it helped me land my current full-time position (which is a good job).

Do you want to "quite your day job" and do Web Design/Update projects full time or do you prefer your day-job more?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kurk
Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied. I do not let my emotions rule me, and yokels like Putinbot1 certainly don't receive too much of my attention. His unjustified arrogance pisses me off on this site, but that's about it. I'd like to move away from KMC, but I can't find anyone IRL who shares my interests in Star Wars on the level that users here do. That's the only reason why I stick around this cesspitt. I actually became sort of excited the other day when I was getting consistent 502 errors for the site. Turns out it was just my browser.

I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you know the solutions. Other than you letting stuff on this site piss you off, we agree. I don't think you should let anyone piss you off on this site.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Honey, I have more than enough side projects to keep my occupied.

Lol, "honey"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:27 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you know the solutions. Other than you letting stuff on this site piss you off, we agree. I don't think you should let anyone piss you off on this site.
You're right. Usually I'm not bothered by internet trolls (I am one lol); It's just that Putinbot1 reminded me of my father for a moment, and I sort of lost it. But let's not open that box.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:27 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right. Usually I'm not bothered by internet trolls (I am one lol); It's just that Putinbot1 reminded me of my father for a moment, and I sort of lost it. But let's not open that box.
Call me Daddy? Nah, chill man. Seriously I don't hate you or even really think about you, I certainly don't want to upset you. Well not in a way you lose it like that. So peace.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:29 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Oh god, you're literally giving it to him for free, man. sad

I'm thinking "you'd be right cuz I am your father" kind of reply coming. Gonna spoil it early before he gets the chance. stick out tongue You're welcome.

Edit. Dammit, he posted before me, lol. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:30 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Oh god, you're literally giving it to him for free, man. sad

I'm thinking "you'd be right cuz I am your father" kind of reply coming. Gonna spoil it early before he gets the chance. stick out tongue You're welcome.

Edit. Dammit, he posted before me, lol. stick out tongue
Nah, I'm stopping, I don't enjoy taking things to the point where people are actually upset offline. Not my thing, never has been. We are all here to have fun.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Nah, I'm stopping, I don't enjoy taking things to the point where people are actually upset offline. Not my thing, never has been. We are all here to have fun.

Peaked into your reply.

Respect. thumb up

Taking you off ignore.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:34 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Putinbot, like my father, is weak and insecure, yet tries to cover up his flaws by being dismissive to those younger than him.

He can land his corny comebacks on me all he wants, but they'll continue to be empty facades meant to deflect my points.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:34 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Putinbot, like my father, is weak and insecure, yet tries to cover up his flaws by being dismissive to those younger than him.

He can land his corny comebacks on me all he wants, but they'll continue to be empty facades meant to deflect my points.
Whatever mate. As far as I am concerned this is over.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Peaked into your reply.

Respect. thumb up

Taking you off ignore.

O.K. mate.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 12th, 2018 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Do you want to "quite your day job" and do Web Design/Update projects full time or do you prefer your day-job more?

I like my day job and it's WAY steadier than my experience with freelancing. But I have the free time and won't turn down a chance to make a little side cash and boost my portfolio for the (possible) day when I either want to job hop or maybe actually consider going solo.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Get to the point in your mental health that you stop talking about your parents causing your problems. It takes a while. Especially if you had toxic parents. One day, you should wake up and talk about your dysfunctions and problems as your own and your mind doesn't automatically wonder to your parents being the cause. Take ownership of you and your problems.

Try this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SEH80...UTF8&btkr=1

Sounds like you had a narcissistic and verbally abusive father.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

^ This guy thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get to the point in your mental health that you stop talking about your parents causing your problems. It takes a while. Especially if you had toxic parents. One day, you should wake up and talk about your dysfunctions and problems as your own and your mind doesn't automatically wonder to your parents being the cause. Take ownership of you and your problems.

Try this book:

Nah man. I haven't figured out my pop yet. Definitely not verbal abuse. Doubt much narcissism is involved—I am the dark triad person myself lol.

Anyway internet armchair psychology is one of the most AIDS things out there, so let's not.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Try this book:

While I can't disagree with your overall points, you also have to factor in his age, he's what 19? Not uncommon to still be in the 'my parents suck and I know everything!' rebel without a clue phase, we all did it. If he was in his mid+ 20's and still had that parent-son relationship, sure.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Nah man. I haven't figured out my pop yet. Definitely not verbal abuse. Doubt much narcissism is involved—I am the dark triad person myself lol.

Anyway internet armchair psychology is one of the most AIDS things out there, so let's not.

>Tells you to not blame your parents for your problems
>You respond that armchair internet psychology is AIDS

You have some growing up to do. You have the emotional maturity of a 12-14 year old.

smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 06:59 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have some growing up to do. You have the emotional maturity of a 12-14 year old.

smile
Let's draw a line under it DDDM mate. Let's all move on.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:02 PM
dadudemon

Yes sir. thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:06 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes sir. thumb up
thumb up

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:09 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
While I can't disagree with your overall points, you also have to factor in his age, he's what 19? Not uncommon to still be in the 'my parents suck and I know everything!' rebel without a clue phase, we all did it. If he was in his mid+ 20's and still had that parent-son relationship, sure.
My parents are illegal immigrant scum who never assimilated to the social and cultural norms of this country. I was raised here with these standards and they were not. It's as simple as that. This is not a matter of "I know everything and they don't". It's a conflict of two clashing viewpoints: one of adaptability and flexibility to the thrive in this economy; the other of ingrained foreign values that have no worth here.

smile

Absolutely. That doesn't mean your suspicions have any worth though.

I've already said too much. Indeed we should move on.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:18 PM