KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you still use Facebook?

Do you still use Facebook?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
My parents are illegal immigrant scum who never assimilated to the social and cultural norms of this country. I was raised here with these standards and they were not. It's as simple as that. This is not a matter of "I know everything and they don't". It's a conflict of two clashing viewpoints: one of adaptability and flexibility to the thrive in this economy; the other of ingrained foreign values that have no worth here.

I suspect your parents are both loving and very giving to you; they only want you to succeed and not have to struggle through life but you're too immature still to see that. Not a rip on you, we all did similar.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I suspect your parents are both loving and very giving to you; they only want you to succeed and not have to struggle through life but you're too immature still to see that. Not a rip on you, we all did similar.
Hopes and emotions don't get you where you need to be. Any undisciplined animal of a human-being can do that. Only by adapting the mindset of Vulcans' like Spock can we move humankind forward.

I enjoy the struggle of life. It gives it meaning. It's a potent, addicting drug really. No one is entitled to anything, Robby. Your children will not inherently have a better life than you. Hope all you want with your pacifist ways, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.

I am the Sith'ari.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 08:55 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Nephthys
You revealing a lot about yourself today.

Its not coming off well....
don't stop tho

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:16 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hopes and emotions don't get you where you need to be. Any undisciplined animal of a human-being can do that. Only by adapting the mindset of Vulcans' like Spock can we move humankind forward.

I enjoy the struggle of life. It gives it meaning. It's a potent, addicting drug really. No one is entitled to anything, Robby. Your children will not inherently have a better life than you. Hope all you want with your pacifist ways, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me.
Who said anything about emotions and hope? No one except you. Seems your parents are hard on you(or you think they are), it's because they want you to succeed in life, not kicking back on their asses and hoping you will succeed. I'm similar with my kids when it comes to school, I'm a hard-ass, because I care, it will only increase the older they get.

Nah, you're just an exceptionally immature 19yo.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me.

You seem to have forgotten things like the desire and frustration which are emotional and certainly have led to the advancement far beyond the scope of simply thinking your way there.

Such as your desire to be like a vulcan, even though you can never remove your limbic system, you can train it with enough desire and intensity and drive.....(emotions.)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:20 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am the Sith'ari.

The Force shall free me.
This is a troll post.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:20 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
This is a troll post.

HA, seriously what a fail. It's clearly a vulcan post that wants to be a sith so he's really a romulan.....not a troll though stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:22 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kurk's very confused, he acts Vulcan one second, then claims to be Sith-like, who are ruled by their emotions and feed into them for their power, the opposite of what Vulcans do by suppressing all emotion. Except of course every seven years when it comes time to mate.

edit: Mark your calendar Kurk, you can try to get laid again in 6 years.

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 12th, 2018 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:23 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Kurk is ****ing with people, he can't be this ridiculous, no one can. Even Fly is more coherent.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:26 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now I have the fight music to 'Amok Time' running round my head.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:29 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now I have the fight music to 'Amok Time' running round my head.
Great Episode, I admit all those years ago when I created the Tiberius sock I did forget the password.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:31 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who said anything about emotions and hope? No one except you. Seems your parents are hard on you(or you think they are), it's because they want you to succeed in life, not kicking back on their asses and hoping you will succeed. I'm similar with my kids when it comes to school, I'm a hard-ass, because I care, it will only increase the older they get.

Nah, you're just an exceptionally immature 19yo.

Do exceptionally immature 19 year olds successfully work in emergency medicine? I've literally seen people come close to death, I have stuck Narcan into people who overdosed on heroin to revive them, I've seen gun-shot wounds, shitty car accidents that cripple people for life. It's not exactly a field where immature, emotionally unsound people can thrive in. I'll upload my credentials if you don't believe me.

Originally posted by snowdragon
You seem to have forgotten things like the desire and frustration which are emotional and certainly have led to the advancement far beyond the scope of simply thinking your way there.

Such as your desire to be like a vulcan, even though you can never remove your limbic system, you can train it with enough desire and intensity and drive.....(emotions.)

I accept that I can only suppress so much. I have emotions, but I never allow them to supersede rational. I get angry, but instead of feeding the beast I meditate it away into long-term energy. Basically, like Raven, I meditate whenever I feel myself losing control.

Kurk's very confused, he acts Vulcan one second, then claims to be Sith-like, who are ruled by their emotions and feed into them for their power, the opposite of what Vulcans do by suppressing all emotion. Except of course every seven years when it comes time to mate.

edit: Mark your calendar Kurk, you can try to get laid again in 6 years.

Well my favorite sith, the one I look up to, is Count Dooku, who is not the traditional type. He brings to the sith his jedi training. Dooku is always very calm and collected, never allowing his emotions to get the better of him. I don't look up to raging sith.

So perhaps the light-sith order is better? Or maybe the Jensaarai?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:58 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what is facebook

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Regardless of your opinions on Facebook, you have to admit that the Senators questioning Zuckerberg have likely never opened an internet browser before. Such profoundly dumb questions coming from a group of the most powerful human beings on the planet.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:10 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Regardless of your opinions on Facebook, you have to admit that the Senators questioning Zuckerberg have likely never opened an internet browser before. Such profoundly dumb questions coming from a group of the most powerful human beings on the planet.

And that comment just shows how up its own BungHole the lefty Millennial Side has its head up said BungHoles.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 06:31 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I've had 3 Facebook accounts, my first 2 existed 5 years ago and I had a great time using those accounts for the few months they existed before they got deleted. But when I created my third account, Facebook life became shit and useless for me for 3 years, but it's improved a lot in the past 6 months, and ever since then I've used and enjoyed it a lot more.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 09:07 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

F#$# Facebook. I hate the site, have never had an account, and never will have an account. The site is directly responsible for a lot of problems in our society, and it makes me sick to my #$#%#%# stomach.

Years ago, someone told me I HAD to get a FB account, because everyone else had one. Yeah, right.

You can take your FB site and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Here are some examples of how FB ruins people's lives:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...t-a8113596.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...r-mental-health

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/12/17...zuckerberg-poll

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-...-happiness.html

Old Post May 11th, 2018 02:32 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rick Deckard
F#$# Facebook. I hate the site, have never had an account, and never will have an account. The site is directly responsible for a lot of problems in our society, and it makes me sick to my #$#%#%# stomach.

Years ago, someone told me I HAD to get a FB account, because everyone else had one. Yeah, right.

You can take your FB site and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Here are some examples of how FB ruins people's lives:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...t-a8113596.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...r-mental-health

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/12/17...zuckerberg-pollGood Post

https://www.thecut.com/article/how-...-happiness.html
Good Post

Old Post May 12th, 2018 04:08 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I just got rid of my account after not logging on for over a year

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:20 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Do you still use Facebook?

Originally posted by Putinbot1
We all remember Myspace except Darthskywalker0 who was in his Cot in 2008 and Kurk, DMB, Squall X and Ellimist who were too young to have accounts. People left myspace for destination facebook in 2009. In 2014 I made a personal choice to shut my Facebook account, I had about 1000 "friends", I realised I only talked to about 10 people regularly whom I didn't talk to in real life and maybe 20 others occasionally, I had strange people from Highschool, Rugby Clubs, University and past jobs who I hadn't seen for decades liking posts and pictures, it all seemed weird. Wattsapp came out and I realised I could have groups with the people I cared about and needed to have groups for other purposes. Now we have the data mining scare, I ask who is still on Facebook and if so why? What does Facebook do for you? The only KMCer I ever had on Facebook was Marius, who is a genuinely good guy.

How old do you thing I am?

Reasons I don’t use social media is because it doesn’t appeal too me.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 09:07 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote