KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ziost's Drain - Ritual or Not?

Ziost's Drain - Ritual or Not?
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It should be noted that even if it weren't a ritual (which seems to be mostly a game of burdens of proof) he doesn't just do this on a whim, it takes quite a bit of effort and build-up. (that he appears to go through the most immediate execution quickly doesn't contradict that fact)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 11:59 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

It's not a Ritual, the text clearly indicates otherwise, Revan's comments during the Novel indicating he didn't need as such, indicate it was his own personal power that did this.

Their is more of a case for than against, with the burden of proof being on you guys to prove it were a ritual.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
What's the basis for it then

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Also, I feel like everyone overlooks the fact that Ziost was a dark side nexus, so Vitiate was amped.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, I feel like everyone overlooks the fact that Ziost was a dark side nexus, so Vitiate was amped.

Vitiate wasn't even at full power. no expression

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

^^

Vitiate, preformed the Death field, and after killing all life on the planet from it, he became even more powerful.

And the amusing thing is he did so, while as a Spirit.(Weakened)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

FYI: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...t-ziost/105050/

Expect an update with important in-game dialogues soon.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 13th, 2018 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:31 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Haschwalth the text clearly indicates otherwise,

No, it doesn't. The wording of the text is pretty ambiguous.

quote:
Revan's comments during the Novel indicating he didn't need as such,

No, the most Revan's comments imply is that he can pull it off by himself over an unknown period of time on a dark side nexus - that tells us nothing about whether or not it was a ritual.

At this point it's just a question of which explanation is more plausible given the limited direct evidence we have. It doesn't make sense to say "it looked different from Nathema, so it must not be a ritual" (as though Vitiate only had one possible type of ritual) - the guy does all sorts of rituals on a memetic basis, and given that rituals let you do X with greater ease than through raw power, if a ritual were possible logically the energy/time-constrained Vitiate would use it first. None of this proves things either way, but it does establish a good deal of doubt even in the best case for Vitiate.

Now, regardless of whether it was a ritual or not, it certainly required more prep time and buildup than, say, Palpatine's Force storms, which he generates casually in multiple locations across light-years.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:59 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Eating a planet and generate a Force storm are not the same things, girl.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Irrelevant. He would still be amped by the nexus in his weakened state. Whether that puts him above his natural level is not known, which is why the feat is ambiguous - or a ritual, as the codex implies (note, Skillz: I said implies, not that it definitively states that, so no need to jump on my back, kay?).

Or do you finally have some proof that it factually, inarguably, was a product of his own power, like you have been raving for months now? Here, I'll even link the video, so you can timestamp me.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 06:44 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Az, you are the one claiming that it was a ritual, it is not our job to prove the negative.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 07:01 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

No, I said it was implied to be a ritual or ambiguous if you're generous to Failk, based on the codex entry that everyone's familiar with (or if not, I can post it when not on mobile). Your posse's the one that's claiming it was of his own power, and I've been asking for proof this entire thread.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 08:09 AM
Haschwalth

No, I said it was implied to be a ritual or ambiguous if you're generous to Failk, based on the codex entry that everyone's familiar with (or if not, I can post it when not on mobile). Your posse's the one that's claiming it was of his own power, and I've been asking for proof this entire thread.

Az, you have misinterpreted that Quote you are referring too.
You are not quite understanding the context of how it was written.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 08:22 AM
Freedon Nadd

He doesn't understand context in general. 👍🏻 🤛🏻

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
He doesn't understand context in general. 👍🏻 🤛🏻

You’re Erkan if Erkan didn’t debate.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 10:17 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
'Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4--but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.'

The text pretty clearly seperates Ziost's destruction from those caused by rituals or machines and suggests its the corrosive power of the dark side that caused it instead. At the very least it doesn't indicate a ritual at all.

lol

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Well, Neph is half-right: The text does indeed offer a clear distinction between Ziost and planetary cataclysms of the past.

That distinction is whispered rumors vs. clear displays.

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Az, you are the one claiming that it was a ritual, it is not our job to prove the negative.

Technically Ant was the first one in the thread to make an absolute positive claim about this.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:53 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

thumb up

And the quote I used as evidence for my claim was posted by Nephtard (was gonna post it myself but why bother when you have unwitting pawns to do it for you?) so as far as this thread goes, I'm clean of any faulty debating tactics.

Instead, the ones whose backs you should be jumping on, DS0, would be your teammates, who've not posted a shred of evidence for their claims.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:21 PM
Freedon Nadd

quote:
You’re Erkan if Erkan didn’t debate.

Thank you for the compli(men)t

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:41 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Nephthys
'Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4--but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.'

Not sure if it does. In the first sentence it is rumored how planets are snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or dangerous machines. Then, the text tells that Ziost is a clear effect of the Sith ritual.

I mean, don't Sith rituals need the power of the dark side to use them?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:44 PM