KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » President Trump authorizes strikes on Syria (4/13/18)

President Trump authorizes strikes on Syria (4/13/18)
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
No Western nation went to war in Iraq 2.0 cos of genocide, that was just an excuse. The people that Saddam was killing, no government cared about.

So Robbie has just stated that He approved of Government Sanctioned Genocide as long as "No One Cares About Them".

Gee I can think of a few others that apperantly Thought the Same Way as Robbie!

(please log in to view the image)

Robbie does fit in with this little Group of Leftists.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 07:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

No Western nation went to war in Iraq 2.0 cos of genocide, that was just an excuse. The people that Saddam was killing, no government cared about.

That was something I heard people start saying after a year of no WMDs being found. "We just had to take the evil Saddam out." More cognitive dissonance.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 07:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

No they didn't, and they didn't in the first to stop an Arab superstate. If they had it might have been much more palatable although I doubt the people at home would have allowed it to happen.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 08:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon
[B]Agreed. Why are people like you trying to change History because you weren't aware that there really were WMDs and Saddam was going to revitalize his WMD programs?

I've already admitted that it's wrong to say there were no wmd's, however to claim that we found what was used to justify the war is wrong.

This was not why we went to war:
quote:

[quote] "The United States had gone to war declaring it must destroy an active weapons of mass destruction program. Instead, American troops gradually found and ultimately suffered from the remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West," -snip

Emphasis on "long abandoned". Bush's pretense for war was bs, getting techincal about the defintion of a wmd isn't going to change that. That you refuse to address the singular point I've made is rather telling of how desperate your revisionism is.

quote:
More cognitive dissonance.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:08 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I don't get it, was the war on Iraq (getting rid of Saddam) a good thing ("stop the genocide") or a bad thing ("but they were not WMD's even tho technically they were?") now?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:19 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Nibedicus
I don't get it, was the war on Iraq (getting rid of Saddam) a good thing ("stop the genocide") or a bad thing ("but they were not WMD's even tho technically they were?") now?

Depends on what point the far left is trying to make.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:29 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

If I'd ever claimed they weren't wmd's, this might be more than strawmanning. Reading is good.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 12:46 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
If I'd ever claimed they weren't wmd's, this might be more than strawmanning. Reading is good.

And who said I was only talking about what you said? A bit presumptuous aren't we?

Also, a little reading comprehension is in order here, too, sport.

Notice the "even tho technically they were" (meaning: an acceptance that they were WMD's but not the WMD's that were "acceptable" as justification) as part of the quotations?

Fail.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 01:20 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I've already admitted that it's wrong to say there were no wmd's,

Thanks! thumb up

...however to claim that we found what was used to justify the war is wrong.

You will look long and hard at my entire posting history and you won't find me supporting foreign wars like that and I was especially vocal about my opposition to the Iraq War. I am very strongly opposed to things like murder and killing, you see. And, for me, the absolute worst thing possible is the taking of innocent life. How many innocents did we kill with "collateral damage" in Iraq? Mistakes?

This was not why we went to war:

The rest of your post is just you going in special ed circles...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 01:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest war is rarely a good thing, but sometimes it's needed to protect the interests of the Euro-American Empire and its allies.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 03:06 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Putinbot1
To be honest war is rarely a good thing, but sometimes it's needed to protect the interests of the Euro-American Empire and its allies.

So it's a not a good thing per se but more of a necessary bad thing?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 03:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Iraq 2.0 was so war machine corporations could rake in billions at the expense of the US tax payer, millionaires/billionaires who held stock in said companies could get richer and to set up a US friendly regime in Iraq like we had in Iran prior to the Iranian Revolution.

Agenda #1 and #2 were achieved, eg Halliburton and its subsidiaries like KBR raked in high billion dollar contracts. The US ultimately failed in agenda #3, Iraq is a broken mess and I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war breaks out between the factions.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 04:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Iraq 2.0 was so war machine corporations could rake in billions at the expense of the US tax payer, millionaires/billionaires who held stock in said companies could get richer and to set up a US friendly regime in Iraq like we had in Iran prior to the Iranian Revolution.

Agenda #1 and #2 were achieved, eg Halliburton and its subsidiaries like KBR raked in high billion dollar contracts. The US ultimately failed in agenda #3, Iraq is a broken mess and I wouldn't be surprised if a civil war breaks out between the factions.

I think you're right about everything except to the severity of #3. I don't think Iraq is as unstable as you're assessing. I'm open to changing my mind, however. Smack my face with some recent assessments.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
I think you're right about everything except to the severity of #3. I don't think Iraq is as unstable as you're assessing. I'm open to changing my mind, however. Smack my face with some recent assessments.

I've not keep track of Iraq in some time, so if it's moved forward and is stable or mores stable, fair enough.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I've not keep track of Iraq in some time, so if it's moved forward and is stable or mores stable, fair enough.

I'm stale as well. I think I'm still sitting in 2013-14 on current state. no expression

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:14 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iraq is a mess, like most of the middle east, held together by hated/loved generals (to use the roman model).

You have to understand through the friendly regime was needed Rob. I'm no war monger and I know a lot of people who served in it as do probably most people here. I think it was ill-judged in aftercare, you'd be terrified if you heard how fondly many non-Saudi Arabs talk of Sadaam. Especially, Egyptians and Syrians. It actually creeps me out how loved by a significant number he was.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:42 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Not that uncommon I find. I know a guy whose father was one of Gaddafi's bodyguards a long time ago and he constantly sang his praises, know a few Russians who revere Putin too. Due to this I'm always wary of believing the western media's stance on non-western leaders, at least not at face value anyway.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:19 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF though in regards to Putin, he has lots and lots of fanbois. eg Just look at Trump, Trumpers and many in the current US Republican Party

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:26 PM
SquallX

TBF though in regards to Putin, he has lots and lots of fanbois. eg Just look at Trump, Trumpers and many in the current US Republican Party

You’re an idiot.

I have some form of respect for Putin for the sole fact he cares little to nothing what the rest of the world thinks of him.

But you’re still an idiot if you’re still believing anyone that not screaming for Putin’s head or just fanboys of him.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:09 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by SquallX
You’re an idiot.

I have some form of respect for Putin for the sole fact he cares little to nothing what the rest of the world thinks of him.

But you’re still an idiot if you’re still believing anyone that not screaming for Putin’s head or just fanboys of him.

^ Another emotional meltdown from the rageaholic. Also didn't really refute what I said. Go figure.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:55 PM