KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Actors/Actresses who were the perfect casting for their role

Actors/Actresses who were the perfect casting for their role
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Actors/Actresses who were the perfect casting for their role

A thread inspired by the "Actors/actresses who played in movies that are not suited for them" thread, but the opposite.

Basically, which roles/parts you feel where the person that was cast ended up being pretty much perfect for the role.

To get things going, I am going to say Chris Evans as Captain America. He really owned that role and made it his own. And, as such, it's extremely hard for me to picture anyone else as Cap, despite knowing that there have been other live-action incarnations before him.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 05:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Chris Reeve as Superman. People might think it's an exaggeration or nostalgia talking, but it really isn't. He really was that good.

This alone just shows how well he balances the two personas:

I liked others like Cain. Routh and Welling even had their moments, and I think Cavill, with a good writer, WILL be great, but none of them have come close to that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 05:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

^Both actors as the red, white, and blue superheroes above are about as good as it gets as far as choice material goes for this thread.

Four more superhero choices:

- Wesley Snipes as Blade
- Ron Perlman as Hellboy
- RDJ as Tony Stark
- And - drumroll please - Mr. Michael Keaton as Batman. Still the best casting of Batman yet experienced in the live-action realm.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 06:45 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This right here was the most perfect casting I've ever seen.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:14 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt.

Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle.

Thomas Lennon as Felix Unger.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hamlet.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. That was someone ahead of their time perfect for the role that got ruined by a crap script and very questionable clothing designs.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This right here was the most perfect casting I've ever seen.

I missed this post. Spot. ON.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:48 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by -Pr-
Chris Reeve as Superman. People might think it's an exaggeration or nostalgia talking, but it really isn't. He really was that good.

This alone just shows how well he balances the two personas:

I liked others like Cain. Routh and Welling even had their moments, and I think Cavill, with a good writer, WILL be great, but none of them have come close to that.

Nah, you're right. It's not nostalgia talking.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 10:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

chris reeve as Supes

hugh jckman as Wolverine

chris evans as Steve Rogers

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. That was someone ahead of their time perfect for the role that got ruined by a crap script and very questionable clothing designs.

Blame WB's they're the ones that wanted the movies to be like the old Adam West tv show, Mmeanwhile everyone else has moved on from that style at the time.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 24th, 2018 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

TV show, but Bryan Cranston as Walter White in Breaking Bad. I can't imagine anyone else being as effective in that role.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 05:58 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Milla Jovovich as Alice,she was perfect.The script..well there wasn't

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 06:17 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Michael J Fox as Marty McFly.
Hard to believe it was almost Eric Stoltz... confused

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:50 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Arnie as the Terminator, and Conan too really.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:55 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I can't see any other actor from that era who could pull that mix of charisma and gruff off. Michael Douglas kinda tried it with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile, but those were watered down (though still very good) Indiana Jones imitations.

Patrick Stewart as both Professor X and Jean-Luc Picard. Great actor that just naturally has a refinement and elder statesman appeal to him, but also supreme chops to bring gravity to his roles. So good as Picard that you didn't mind that an allegedly French Starfleet Captain had a British accent, drank Earl Grey tea religiously, and was clearly a Shakespearean actor.

Sean Connery as James Bond. We've had 6 Bonds and while the quality of the films have gone up and down, Connery is still the quintessential Bond after all the different iterations.

Wesley Snipes as Blade. Wes put his stamp on the character and made his iteration a household name.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:01 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Agree with just about every choice mentioned so far.

Would add Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. I'm not a fan of every role of his or every POTC movie, but he was riveting in the first one.

Also, Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump and Woody Harrelson as Mickey Knotts.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 03:03 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I can't see any other actor from that era who could pull that mix of charisma and gruff off. Michael Douglas kinda tried it with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile, but those were watered down (though still very good) Indiana Jones imitations.

And to think Tom Selleck was also one of the choices.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman in the DCCU

Charismatic, dramatic, relatable, and a likable guy. A down to earth Superman since he doesn't want to work on a farm won't work for a family business, grieves because he lost his dad, has to find out his limits, also this Clark won't remain be inactive if he sees something unjust as shown in the Diner scene.
Also he wants to live a ordinary life but can't since that would involve not helping persons.

He is shown proactive since he tells Citizens to go inside, and grieves after killing a foe which makes him a believable Superman because 1 of the main traits of Superman is he wants to avoid killing.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:27 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Josh Brolin as Thanos

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 02:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote