KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » We're pretty good

We're pretty good
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah and then I had to go to calculus class. Give me an hour and a half my dude.
How hard is Calc II? I'm trying to determine if I should squeeze it in next semester with other difficult science/math classes.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:02 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Kurk
How hard is Calc II? I'm trying to determine if I should squeeze it in next semester with other difficult science/math classes.

I found calc II relatively easy, but I'm not the most reliable source for that since I was one of the top 5 people in my class when I was taking it in high school.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Most universities use Calc II as a weeder course.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:12 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Kurk
And could you tell us why you believe that is; knowing fully well you may be influenced by your Texan background?

I grew up in Austin Texas, that's not exactly right-wing territory my dude.

But in short, I think our culture has been shifting away from a few things.

One of such things is respect for the individual. Racism for example used to be opposed on more of an individualist basis, ie. you shouldn't judge someone or hold someone to different standards for your skin color you should judge them for the quality of their character, but now the culture has shifted into more tribal/identitarian/collectivist racial tensions where people are viewed essentially as classes with complicit guilt or innocence based on their identity with universities and ideologues promulgating the idea that "all white people are racist and you can't be racist if you're black." Corporations and education even now teach that things like "colorblindness" or meritocracy are forms of "white supremacy" or "white ideology." Identitarian tensions are much worse, and race is not approached as much from the presupposition of the dignity of the individual, but rather as group interest and group conflict. Collectivist thinking rather than individualist thinking leads to laws and practices which are repressive to the individual, such as hate speech laws (which have expanded in the UK to the point where you can be arrested for making a joke or posting song lyrics, or in Canada to the point where Senators will defend compelled speech in a Senate hearing) which oppress the individual to protect a group from offense, or such as diversity quotas which unfairly discriminate in the individual to elevate the proportion of a demographic within a certain institution. This is antithetical to the liberal value upon which human rights and actual opposition to racism are based. A woman who was running for an important position in the DNC said "It's my job as a white person to shut other white people up," and the Labour party in the UK tried to hold an event where they charged white people more to attend.

Another such thing is lack of respect for the overarching societal structures, such as cultural standards and values and national identity. As has already been addressed, the cultural standard of meritocracy has been eroded and castigated as a form of white supremacy in favor of diversity quotas in both the private and public sector which necessitate identity based discrimination. As another example the cultural view of marriage and sex has been eroded, partially as a consequence of feminist critique of marriage as "an oppressive patriarchal structure" and partially as a side effect of the feminist and LGBT's sexual liberation which have had their benefits but at the same time have had some consequences in the form of sex being treated as a casual thing and the castigation of anyone who argues that you shouldn't sleep with someone you barely know as some oppressive authoritarian prude trying to "control women's bodies" and the rise of the single motherhood rate and all of the socioeconomic consequences of single motherhood is a consequence of this shift in cultural attitude towards sex and marriage. Another example more prominent in the rest of the west than in the US is the erosion of belief in the national culture and national identity in favor of "multiculturalism" which poses problems in its acceptance and defense of cultures which are antithetical to liberal values. This is largely because foreign cultures have been shifted into the same category as foreign race, so criticism of an outside culture is often conflated with racism, such as criticism of Islam being castigated as racism. In the UK the police were more hesitant to act against grooming gangs that were predominantly Muslim because they were afraid of being called racist, and in Canada people were arrested for hate speech for protesting a mosque... which they were protesting because the mosque in question was calling to Allah for the deaths of "those filthy Jews." And attempts in Europe for example at defending national values or promoting a national identity are castigated as "far-right" and racist. A society that castigates meritocracy as oppression is hurting itself economically and inculcating unfair discrimination on the basis of things other than merit. A society that doesn't respect the value of the family leads to more children being raised in broken homes. A society that refuses to defend its own culture leaves it weak to being undermined and exploited by inferior cultures.

And lastly our culture has been shifting towards an unhealthy attitude towards dialogue, by which a cultural movement is seeking a position of hegemonic control over the dialogue. One example is the redefinition of words or attempted alteration of terms referring to specific things, such as racism which academics have attempted through critical race theory to use to impugn all white people with a sort of collective guilt and all black people with collective innocence of racism. Other examples are euphemistic replacements of terms judged to be offensive such as "illegal immigrant" or "anchor baby" or "chain migration." This attempt to redefine the language of a political conversation in a loaded way and force society through societal pressure to accept these terms is to manipulate the conversation to a predetermined outcome rather than reach it through honest conversation. Additionally there is the attempt through victimhood status to shift identity from something firmly grounded in biological fact or social negotiation to being purely a self-defined whim that others must accept or else they are a bigot, a cultural movement suggesting that if you do not let a "non-binary person" dictate the words you must use or how you refer to them then you are a bigot.
More disturbingly there is an attempt being made to shrink the overton window of acceptable ideological discourse to prevent certain ideas from being challenged through a combination of governmental, educational, media, corporate, and social pressure. The most obvious example of this is the ever expanding reach of hate speech laws in the western world to the point where you can be prosecuted for making a joke or posting rap lyrics in the UK. Another example is the mainstream media's unfair castigation of those who disagree with modern progressivism as far-right or alt-right, such as the center-left individualist Sargon, or the somewhere in the center also individualist Jordan Peterson, or the accusation of Ben Shapiro the yamacha wearing Jew as being a part of the alt-right, in order to discredit their viewpoints with factually baseless ad hominems. Or shit even when someone such as Pewdiepie makes an obvious joke, the mainstream media tries to paint him as an antisemite to attack his source of revenue. Likewise, within the education system there is the promulgation of political ideology, such as the indoctrination of elementary schoolers into the social constructivist view of gender where it can be whatever you say it is, or teaching elementary schoolers that colorblindness and meritocracy are forms of white supremacy, or academics at universities promulgating critical race theory. On the corporate level this can be seen with Google instructing its employees that meritocracy is "white ideology" and excludes non-white people. On the governmental level, this can be seen in Canada's bill C-16 which wrote the indisputably factually incorrect claim that biological sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity vary independently of each other into Canadian law. It can also be seen by government media outlets pushing these political ideologies using taxpayer money, such as the BBC promoting a black transwoman saying that white people are the most destructive force of nature on the planet, or the Australian Broadcasting network trying to push left-wing political ideology on children through a children's show. And lastly the social pressure used to try and shrink the overton window is just ridiculous. Protesting speakers on college campuses has shifted from presenting a counterpointing viewpoint to attempts to either get them deplatformed or actively disrupting the event (sometimes with vandalism or violence) to prevent them from being able to speak. Likewise, this social pressure has risen to the extent where people who aren't even politically relevant are raked over the coals by social outrage for innocuous things, such as the football player who posts a picture of his daughter and her boyfriend with him jokingly holding a gun in what was an obvious dad joke, and he got pressured into apologizing by people outraged he would dare hold a gun or "treat his daughter like his property" or some shit.
All of this shit is not an honest attempt to promulgate ideological views through dialogue, but an attempt to promulgate ideological views through hegemonic dominance and the disenfranchising of those who hold contrary viewpoints.

All of this is not culturally healthy, it is the undermining of things foundational and essential to the western tradition.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:31 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
-> More and more states have stopped violating the rights of people due to their avenue of recreation

Ah yes weed legalization, I forgot about that one somehow, fair enough.

-> Sexual Assault is now reported and people are spilling the beans, even in industries like Hollywood

-> Anchors like Bill Reilly are resigning when sexual allegations pile up

And this movement has its own negative consequences as well, such as this "listen and believe" bullshit and the view of male sexual expression in general as domineering, harassing, and oppressive. In order to address sexual assault, colleges for example have set up quasi-court systems for which they lack the legal expertise to properly operate, and for which the presumption of innocent until proven guilty is not held at such high esteem.

-> More diverse groups of people are reaching the top of industries

I could give less of a shit honestly. The goal should be equality of opportunity rather than equality of outcome, because when you aim for equality of demographic representation you necessitate the use of diversity quotas and affirmative action that are discriminatory by their very nature and expressed goals. The cultural shift towards being obsessed with this pie chart demographic representation is not a good thing.

-> More people support citizens getting equal representation

Unless its enough support for a constitutional amendment it has no fruits to bear.

-> More people support voting rights

You can vote if you just go out and get an ID.

-> Countries like Chile have become more and more democratic

-> Democracy continues to get more and more popular around the world

Fair enough on these points, let me amend my cultural statement to speaking purely in the context of the western world since my knowledge beyond the west is a bit dicier. I was imprecise and inaccurate in my speech failing to distinguish my statement as being in a western rather than global context.

-> Religions have been forced to drop immoral dogmas

Like what in the past eight years?

-> The pope is now less sexist, racist, and homophobic than our last one

Well following your line of thought consider that your president is Donald Trump with all of the baggage that carries for you.

-> Sensationalist journalism is getting more critizism

Yes and that is something I'm hoping continues to grow.

-> Racism is now heavily scrutinized. Remember when fox pushed Obama being a radical, unamerican muslim? Yeah they can't do that anymore.

Dadudemon already roasted you pretty thoroughly on this point in regards to the media. In regards to racism... no... racial tensions have gotten worse not better in the past decade, people preach that all white people are racist and no black people are racist while calling their views "antiracist", there are schools teaching that treating black people and white people the same and meritocracy are forms of white supremacy, and the media and social mobs repeatedly baselessly accuse non-racists of being racist. This is not progress this is regress.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:31 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

DMB, you might benefit from reading the things you weigh in on.

quote:
Dadudemon already roasted you pretty thoroughly on this point in regards to the media

Bruv, did you even bother to check what double d cited?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/us/t...dent/index.html
^^^^^
I asked for headlines attacking Trump on the basis of race, Double D posted a headline disagreeing with Trump on the basis of policy. Whether or not you agree with the policy position the author takes, this is not the same as attacking someone on the basis of race.

Tell me how I was roasted again?
quote:
And this movement has its own negative consequences as well, such as this "listen and believe" bullshit and the view of male sexual expression in general as domineering, harassing, and oppressive. In order to address sexual assault, colleges for example have set up quasi-court systems for which they lack the legal expertise to properly operate, and for which the presumption of innocent until proven guilty is not held at such high esteem.
Fine, we can call this a tie.
quote:
You can vote if you just go out and get an ID.

The issue is states go out of their way to make sure ID's are difficult to get for certain demographics. And even then, states still have forced laws that oppress the rights of ex-convicts, and find bs ways to imprison people who also have their rights taken away. States also reduce the amount of voting places in big cities to suppress turnout.

And the bottom line is that voting id laws as they're enforced have prevented tens of thousands of people from voting in states and there's no evidence justifying the law. So there's no defense for voter id laws. More opposition to partisan and unwarranted laws restricting the democratic process is a cultural win.

quote:
Like what in the past eight years?

The catholic church now lets everyone go to heaven and the majority of religious people accept that parts of religious belief can be refuted by scientific discovery.

quote:
I could give less of a shit honestly.

quote:
Unless its enough support for a constitutional amendment it has no fruits to bear.
We were discussing culture, no?
quote:
In regards to racism... no... racial tensions have gotten worse not better in the past decade, people preach that all white people are racist and no black people are racist while calling their views "antiracist", there are schools teaching that treating black people and white people the same and meritocracy are forms of white supremacy, and the media and social mobs repeatedly baselessly accuse non-racists of being racist. This is not progress this is regress.

You're cherry picking anecdotes. And these were all issues before 2010, they just didn't get coverage.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 02:49 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

One of such things is respect for the individual. Racism for example used to be opposed on more of an individualist basis, ie. you shouldn't judge someone or hold someone to different standards for your skin color you should judge them for the quality of their character, but now the culture has shifted into more tribal/identitarian/collectivist racial tensions where people are viewed essentially as classes with complicit guilt or innocence based on their identity with universities and ideologues promulgating the idea that "all white people are racist and you can't be racist if you're black." Corporations and education even now teach that things like "colorblindness" or meritocracy are forms of "white supremacy" or "white ideology." Identitarian tensions are much worse, and race is not approached as much from the presupposition of the dignity of the individual, but rather as group interest and group conflict. Collectivist thinking rather than individualist thinking leads to laws and practices which are repressive to the individual, such as hate speech laws (which have expanded in the UK to the point where you can be arrested for making a joke or posting song lyrics, or in Canada to the point where Senators will defend compelled speech in a Senate hearing) which oppress the individual to protect a group from offense, or such as diversity quotas which unfairly discriminate in the individual to elevate the proportion of a demographic within a certain institution. This is antithetical to the liberal value upon which human rights and actual opposition to racism are based. A woman who was running for an important position in the DNC said "It's my job as a white person to shut other white people up," and the Labour party in the UK tried to hold an event where they charged white people more to attend.

Another such thing is lack of respect for the overarching societal structures, such as cultural standards and values and national identity. As has already been addressed, the cultural standard of meritocracy has been eroded and castigated as a form of white supremacy in favor of diversity quotas in both the private and public sector which necessitate identity based discrimination. As another example the cultural view of marriage and sex has been eroded, partially as a consequence of feminist critique of marriage as "an oppressive patriarchal structure" and partially as a side effect of the feminist and LGBT's sexual liberation which have had their benefits but at the same time have had some consequences in the form of sex being treated as a casual thing and the castigation of anyone who argues that you shouldn't sleep with someone you barely know as some oppressive authoritarian prude trying to "control women's bodies" and the rise of the single motherhood rate and all of the socioeconomic consequences of single motherhood is a consequence of this shift in cultural attitude towards sex and marriage. Another example more prominent in the rest of the west than in the US is the erosion of belief in the national culture and national identity in favor of "multiculturalism" which poses problems in its acceptance and defense of cultures which are antithetical to liberal values. This is largely because foreign cultures have been shifted into the same category as foreign race, so criticism of an outside culture is often conflated with racism, such as criticism of Islam being castigated as racism. In the UK the police were more hesitant to act against grooming gangs that were predominantly Muslim because they were afraid of being called racist, and in Canada people were arrested for hate speech for protesting a mosque... which they were protesting because the mosque in question was calling to Allah for the deaths of "those filthy Jews." And attempts in Europe for example at defending national values or promoting a national identity are castigated as "far-right" and racist. A society that castigates meritocracy as oppression is hurting itself economically and inculcating unfair discrimination on the basis of things other than merit. A society that doesn't respect the value of the family leads to more children being raised in broken homes. A society that refuses to defend its own culture leaves it weak to being undermined and exploited by inferior cultures.

And lastly our culture has been shifting towards an unhealthy attitude towards dialogue, by which a cultural movement is seeking a position of hegemonic control over the dialogue. One example is the redefinition of words or attempted alteration of terms referring to specific things, such as racism which academics have attempted through critical race theory to use to impugn all white people with a sort of collective guilt and all black people with collective innocence of racism. Other examples are euphemistic replacements of terms judged to be offensive such as "illegal immigrant" or "anchor baby" or "chain migration." This attempt to redefine the language of a political conversation in a loaded way and force society through societal pressure to accept these terms is to manipulate the conversation to a predetermined outcome rather than reach it through honest conversation. Additionally there is the attempt through victimhood status to shift identity from something firmly grounded in biological fact or social negotiation to being purely a self-defined whim that others must accept or else they are a bigot, a cultural movement suggesting that if you do not let a "non-binary person" dictate the words you must use or how you refer to them then you are a bigot.
More disturbingly there is an attempt being made to shrink the overton window of acceptable ideological discourse to prevent certain ideas from being challenged through a combination of governmental, educational, media, corporate, and social pressure. The most obvious example of this is the ever expanding reach of hate speech laws in the western world to the point where you can be prosecuted for making a joke or posting rap lyrics in the UK. Another example is the mainstream media's unfair castigation of those who disagree with modern progressivism as far-right or alt-right, such as the center-left individualist Sargon, or the somewhere in the center also individualist Jordan Peterson, or the accusation of Ben Shapiro the yamacha wearing Jew as being a part of the alt-right, in order to discredit their viewpoints with factually baseless ad hominems. Or shit even when someone such as Pewdiepie makes an obvious joke, the mainstream media tries to paint him as an antisemite to attack his source of revenue. Likewise, within the education system there is the promulgation of political ideology, such as the indoctrination of elementary schoolers into the social constructivist view of gender where it can be whatever you say it is, or teaching elementary schoolers that colorblindness and meritocracy are forms of white supremacy, or academics at universities promulgating critical race theory. On the corporate level this can be seen with Google instructing its employees that meritocracy is "white ideology" and excludes non-white people. On the governmental level, this can be seen in Canada's bill C-16 which wrote the indisputably factually incorrect claim that biological sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity vary independently of each other into Canadian law. It can also be seen by government media outlets pushing these political ideologies using taxpayer money, such as the BBC promoting a black transwoman saying that white people are the most destructive force of nature on the planet, or the Australian Broadcasting network trying to push left-wing political ideology on children through a children's show. And lastly the social pressure used to try and shrink the overton window is just ridiculous. Protesting speakers on college campuses has shifted from presenting a counterpointing viewpoint to attempts to either get them deplatformed or actively disrupting the event (sometimes with vandalism or violence) to prevent them from being able to speak. Likewise, this social pressure has risen to the extent where people who aren't even politically relevant are raked over the coals by social outrage for innocuous things, such as the football player who posts a picture of his daughter and her boyfriend with him jokingly holding a gun in what was an obvious dad joke, and he got pressured into apologizing by people outraged he would dare hold a gun or "treat his daughter like his property" or some shit.
All of this shit is not an honest attempt to promulgate ideological views through dialogue, but an attempt to promulgate ideological views through hegemonic dominance and the disenfranchising of those who hold contrary viewpoints.

All of this is not culturally healthy, it is the undermining of things foundational and essential to the western tradition.

In short

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:26 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

DMB, you might benefit from reading the things you weigh in on.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:30 AM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'll respond another time, I'm in too good of a mood right now

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:28 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:35 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Don't worry something tells me Rocky throws like a girl anyways.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 11:34 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Support your position with things like:

1. Suicide rates.
2. Mental health or the lack thereof.
3. Life satisfaction.
4. Socioeconomic Mobility.
5. Educational Attainment.
6. Home ownership.
7. Standard of living.

You can decry the moral decay of society and the destruction of the family unit all you want but if all measures of quality point to improvements, across the board, you're just a dumbass old man whining about the young people.

But, if you can prove that the moral decay and destruction of the family unit has direct and tangible negative impacts, why...you've got yourself a damn good point.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 02:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by dadudemon
Support your position with things like:

1. Suicide rates.
2. Mental health or the lack thereof.
3. Life satisfaction.
4. Socioeconomic Mobility.
5. Educational Attainment.
6. Home ownership.
7. Standard of living.

You can decry the moral decay of society and the destruction of the family unit all you want but if all measures of quality point to improvements, across the board, you're just a dumbass old man whining about the young people.

But, if you can prove that the moral decay and destruction of the family unit has direct and tangible negative impacts, why...you've got yourself a damn good point.

thumb up

Empiricism trumps subjectivism most times, particularly on internet discussion boards as people trade half-researched hot takes. I tend to fall on the side of optimism. We have problems and new challenges, some as the result of progress we've made. But we also have the tools to improve them, and largely have improved global civilization in the last century.

The one caveat I'll throw into this discussion is that it's sorting of framing society as an arrow pointing one direction or another, which isn't quite accurate. The comments on the last page that mentioned some good racial aspects of the 1920's is a good example. It was undoubtedly worse on the whole for minorities, but not every variable was worse. We exist in a complex system that evolved out countless complex systems before it. Not every element is going to be linear, good or bad. And some elements will become worse in the next 10, 20, 50, 100 years as well, while others will improve. Hell, it could be argued that pre-2008 economic crash was actually a higher height by some of these metrics than 2018. But that's also a narrow view, historically speaking. We could cherry pick either if we had an agenda, but it takes a degree of humility to try to see things holistically (and empirically), knowing that even then we can only approximate an accurate opinion of society's progress or lack thereof.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You’ll have to wait several hours for a proper response since I gotta do Thermodynamics shit for college for the next six hours.

But I do need to point out that I never said society as a whole was better last decade, I merely made that comment about the culture. Obviously things like poverty and convenience and efficiency in the economic sector are better now due to our technological and scientific advancement which has undoubtedly improved.

Last edited by Emperordmb on Apr 25th, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:53 PM
dadudemon

You’ll have to wait several hours for a proper response, I gotta do thermodynamics shit for the next 6 hours

I worked more than full time, went to college more than full time, and had time to type lots of stupid shit on KMC.

Sleep less and get smarter so you don't have to spend so long doing homework and studying. FFS, man.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Updated my post with an additional clarification

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

DMB, you're WAYYYY to young to be going "this gone damn generation has no respect!" type or rants, that's for old farts like Putinbot and me.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I used to hold DMB's attitudes, but I learned to simply not give a shit.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:11 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I found calc II relatively easy, but I'm not the most reliable source for that since I was one of the top 5 people in my class when I was taking it in high school.

Taking college math courses tends to be easier in high school too though, since the material is usually spread over two semesters rather than one.

I personally wouldn't recommend taking multiple math/science courses at once in your freshman year, Kurk, but it honestly depends on what you're shooting for.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:58 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Taking college math courses tends to be easier in high school too though, since the material is usually spread over two semesters rather than one.

Eh the way I took it it was two semesters of college calc over 1 year

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 05:12 PM